Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

20 minutes ago, ROBERT7 said:

It seems like that..! or maybe  Prwireless  by Sprint

Well hopefully things will improve, here in the VI sprint is getting crushed by att and viya which is the local carrier. And since the hurricanes I know sprint has lost a significant amount of subscribers in the territory since they seem to be lagging behind big time compared to the other 2 carriers when it comes to network repairs. 

On 12/3/2017 at 9:07 PM, ROBERT7 said:

Anybody knows when exactly our devices will see this bandwidth increase? 

I don't know but hopefully soon. Here in the VI, sprint customers are breaking down the doors to att trying to switch over to them because att has made quite the progress compared to sprint since "irmaria". So when sprint comes back up the network should be wide open compared to a few months ago so more bandwidth for me, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

Triband (750, 1900,2500) sites will  be getting deployed once the cleanup from the hurricane mess is completed. 

Hopefully this includes deployment in the VI as well. Had to give in and port one of my lines over to att so I can at least get half decent service. Sprint really lagging behind compared to att here on the island. 

20 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

Triband (750, 1900,2500) sites will  be getting deployed once the cleanup from the hurricane mess is completed. 

LTE only or will they still be deploying CDMA on these new sites? It makes sense to me going forward that Sprint's new sites would be LTE only, that way they could build a dense enough network for VoLTE down the line.

22 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

Unfortunately the hurricane clean up is still taking place and I have a feeling it's going to take a while longer. I've been following the progress on fcc.gov/maria unfortunately no break down of the carriers 

• 2 weeks later...

just notice the lastest coverage map had a lot less roaming for inland Puerto Rico and it also shows up as LTE Plus. On the voice only map it shows as sprint coverage but signal strength varies. only other place thats like that is the swiftel network. Im assuming the map is now showing open mobile service.

16 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

just notice the lastest coverage map had a lot less roaming for inland Puerto Rico and it also shows up as LTE Plus. On the voice only map it shows as sprint coverage but signal strength varies. only other place thats like that is the swiftel network. Im assuming the map is now showing open mobile service.

I thinking they applied the wrong shading. It appears to line up with the extended voice (roaming) area. I suspected it's now considered extended LTE, but they accidentally colored it as LTE Plus.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 1:04 AM, mirskyc said:

Unfortunately the hurricane clean up is still taking place and I have a feeling it's going to take a while longer. I've been following the progress on fcc.gov/maria unfortunately no break down of the carriers 

Well Mayaguez,Hormigueros and Cabo Rojo are running at 100%, they should start the upgrades t in these municipalities

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, ROBERT7 said:

Found this :  Fcc tweaks PR USVI 600mhz switchover timetable . Broadcasters will be obliged to vacate spectrum as of august 1 2018. Hope Sprint deploy before then..

Sprint doesn't have any 600MHz spectrum in PR/VI that I'm aware of unless it comes from Open Mobile.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, ROBERT7 said:

Found this :  Fcc tweaks PR USVI 600mhz switchover timetable . Broadcasters will be obliged to vacate spectrum as of august 1 2018. Hope Sprint deploy before then..

600mhz will be used by other carriers this year.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, gerardopr91 said:

Sprint data is unusable right now..

can’t even stream from apple music without buffering. Hope this thing gets better because is annoying!!

Well st thomas literally just got sprint service restored this past friday after 5 months so it could be worse.  Service is actually much better now since there was a mass exodus of sprint customers to at&t so the towers aren't quite as flooded as they use to be, lol.

• Like 1

Just came back from a weekend in PR. Sprint service actually very good in my parents "urbanizacion". Granted, they live very close to SJU airport and that area seems to be ok. Also very usable in Mall of San Juan. My biggest surprise was in Palmas del Mar in Humacao. Pre Maria service there was awful. Now it's very fast and full bars in the areas I hung out. Using LG G6. FWIW- my parents AT&T service in their home is horrible post Maria. Who knows... I did find many poor data speeds areas while driving around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1