Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

17 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Is the left hand antenna dual or tri-band? If dual, I didn't know those existed but that's neat. 

Dualband 1.9 + 2.5 with the right a quad port 750 MHz antenna. 

• Like 2

Just to let you know .  Att is using three band ca 15 mhz in band 2 10 mhz in band 30 and 5 mhz in band 12, in some parts they use 10 mhz of band 4 .Claro  started using  3ca with two channels of  10 mhz in band 66 and 10 mhz in band 12 these days , they were just  10 mhz of band 4 until now.T mobile was using just 20 mhz in band 4 now with 5mhz in band 2 added and Sprint as you know  uses ca where they have band 41, 5 mhz in band 25 in most parts and band 13 Openmobile coverage

On 8/20/2018 at 10:53 PM, Robert7 said:

Just to let you know .  Att is using three band ca 15 mhz in band 2 10 mhz in band 30 and 5 mhz in band 12, in some parts they use 10 mhz of band 4 .Claro  started using  3ca with two channels of  10 mhz in band 66 and 10 mhz in band 12 these days , they were just  10 mhz of band 4 until now.T mobile was using just 20 mhz in band 4 now with 5mhz in band 2 added and Sprint as you know  uses ca where they have band 41, 5 mhz in band 25 in most parts and band 13 Openmobile coverage

Is Claro running VoLTE or not yet?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Looks like microwave for backhaul.

lol.  The other middle.  Perhaps LTE 750 (700 c 10x10 from the PRWireless PR, LLC deal, dba Open Mobile)  like Verizon -- 700 a used by T-Mobile elsewhere (different bands).  Sprint also has enough 800 for only 1x800.  References:   http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseMap.jsp?licKey=3069548  http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseMap.jsp?licKey=1935940

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

lol.  The other middle.  Perhaps LTE 750 (700 c 10x10 from the PRWireless PR, LLC deal, dba Open Mobile)  like Verizon -- 700 a used by T-Mobile elsewhere (different bands).  Sprint also has enough 800 for only 1x800.  References:   http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseMap.jsp?licKey=3069548  http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseMap.jsp?licKey=1935940

Still technically correct!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

See posts above, it's for 750.

12 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

See posts above, it's for 750.

You are correct about 750.  If caught earlier I would remove it since it is redundant.  It is a different photo as implied later.

I should have just gone to sleep. Before any of these last 24 hour posts. Apologies for being snarky to nextgencpu.

Edited by dkyeager

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Anybody knows if Sprint galaxy s9 or s9+ have b71..? because i went to a sprint store and checked it didnt

All variants of Galaxy devices are exactly the same, including all bands on all variants, so to answer your question, yes they all do.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Excuse my rookie comments here, but after enabling *#73#, it seems that the rainbow sim V2? requires n70 (I turned it off along with n71 - was hoping to track n66) to be available else it switches to T-Mobile.  So this confirms my suspicion that you need to be close to a site to get on Dish.  Have no idea why they don't just use plmn. To test, I put it into a s21 ultra, rebooted twice, came up on T-Mobile (no n70 on s21).  Tried to manually register on 313340, but it did not connect (tried twice). I am on factory unlocked firmware but used a s22 hack to get *#73# working.  Tried what you were suggesting with a T-Mobile sim partially installed, but that was very unstable with Dish ( I think they had figured that one out).  [edit: and now I see Boost sent me a successful device swap notice which says I can now begin to use my new device.  Sigh.  Will try again later and wait for this message - too impatient.]
    • Hopefully this indicates T-Mobile hasn't completely abandoned mmwave and/or small cells? But then again this is the loop, so take that as you will. Hopefully now that most macro activity is done (besides rural colo/builds), they will start working on small cells.   
    • This has been approved.. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/fcc-approves-t-mobiles-deal-to-purchase-mint-mobile/  
    • In the conference call they had two question on additional spectrum. One was the 800 spectrum. They are not certain what will happen, thus have not really put it into their plans either way (sale or no sale). They do have a reserve level. Nationwide 800Mhz is seen as great for new technologies which I presume is IOT or 5g slices.  T-Mobile did not bite on use of their c-band or DOD.  mmWave rapidly approaching deadlines not mentioned at all. FWA brushes on this as it deals with underutilized spectrum on a sector by sector basis.  They are willing to take more money to allow FWA to be mobile (think RV or camping). Unsure if this represents a higher priority, for example, FWA Mobile in RVs in Walmart parking lots working where mobile phones need all the capacity. In terms of FWA capacity, their offload strategy is fiber through joint ventures where T-Mobile does the marketing, sales, and customer support while the fiber company does the network planning and installation.  50%-50% financial split not being consolidated into their books. I think discussion of other spectrum would have diluted the fiber joint venture discussion. They do have a fund which one use is to purchase new spectrum. Sale of the 800Mhz would go into this. It should be noted that they continue to buy 2.5Ghz spectrum from schools etc to replace leases. They will have a conference this fall  to update their overall strategies. Other notes from the call are 75% of the phones on the network are 5g. About 85% of their sites have n41, n25, and n71, 90% 5g.  93% of traffic is on midband.  SA is also adding to their performance advantage, which they figure is still ahead of other carriers by two years. It took two weeks to put the auction 108 spectrum to use at their existing sites. Mention was also made that their site spacing was designed for midrange thus no gaps in n41 coverage, while competitors was designed for lowband thus toggles back and forth for n77 also with its shorter range.  
    • The manual network selection sounds like it isn't always scanning NR, hence Dish not showing up. Your easiest way to force Dish is going to be forcing the phone into NR-only mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu?), since rainbow sims don't support SA on T-Mobile.