Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I am alive!  :rasp:

Dumped both the Galaxy S4 and the Nexus 5 and now have a Galaxy S5 and my coverage is MUCH better all over. Not sure what the S4 problem was but the Nexus 5 had some kind of chip problem. They offered a refund but I decided against it.

Not sure if the coverage is better because of the phone or because Sprint lit up some new towers and set loose some new technology but I am happy with what I am seeing. Too bad it took almost a year! 

I am alive!  :rasp:

Dumped both the Galaxy S4 and the Nexus 5 and now have a Galaxy S5 and my coverage is MUCH better all over. Not sure what the S4 problem was but the Nexus 5 had some kind of chip problem. They offered a refund but I decided against it.

Not sure if the coverage is better because of the phone or because Sprint lit up some new towers and set loose some new technology but I am happy with what I am seeing. Too bad it took almost a year! 

Weird. The GS5 actually has worse reception than the GS4 or Nexus 5 so that doesn't make any sense. But glad things are working out for you!

Usable B26 at Eckert's Bellville now Service was horrible here a few months ago.

It was pretty awful about 3 weeks ago when I was out there with the family. Glad it's on the upswing!

B41 is apparently pretty unburdened in the bottoms, even when there's quite a bit of traffic at 720ish in the morning. The sad thing is the test was at the mid 60's until I walked by some buildings -_-'.

2evadaza.jpg

First time today I realized I had a band 41 connection outside my house. Its too weak for inside but I'm surprised I even have a signal around my house unless there's a site closer to my house than I think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1nqmqthttj5dbw/Screenshot_2014-07-15-18-37-18.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfoq1kwyrakr07g/Screenshot_2014-07-15-18-37-31.png

• Like 1

With this site broadcasting b26 I now do not drop LTE on i44 from the Washington(highway 100) exit to St Louis. I would keep it from the union exit, but the two towers right by it aren't putting out LTE yet. 3age6anu.jpg

• Like 2

I made a crystal clear call to my dad's Sprint phone today - if this is HD voice (both of us were on LTE - his charter line was severed & I was calling to check in), I may actually enjoy making calls & talking to people.

• Like 1

I made a crystal clear call to my dad's Sprint phone today - if this is HD voice (both of us were on LTE - his charter line was severed & I was calling to check in), I may actually enjoy making calls & talking to people.

Awesome. I was trying to test that out the other day but could not tell a difference from a regular call. What two phones where you guys using?

Awesome. I was trying to test that out the other day but could not tell a difference from a regular call. What two phones where you guys using?

We both had iPhone 5S phones. The quality was very noticeable - like the difference between a FLAC rip of a classical album and a shoddy 128kbps Limewire download.

• Like 1

We both had iPhone 5S phones. The quality was very noticeable - like the difference between a FLAC rip of a classical album and a shoddy 128kbps Limewire download.

I can attest to the quality. I've had HD calls between two Nexus 5s and it's night and day difference to calling a non-HD phone.

I do think Sprint's example video exaggerates the quality a little though. It definitely wasn't up to that level.

• Like 1

Here's some more new b26 and b25 that fill in the gap between the Union exit and the Washington exit. It might not be new, but it is new on the highway.

vajuzyve.jpg6u5umyqe.jpg

Band 26

Branson landing with concert going on. Pretty packed.

The Irish Pub there isn't half bad. I ate there last year. My kids ran up and down there and goofed off around the fountains. And Sprint EVDO stunk out loud. What a difference a year makes.

I'm at a concert myself right now as well. Have fun!

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Irish Pub there isn't half bad. I ate there last year. My kids ran up and down there and goofed off around the fountains. And Sprint EVDO stunk out loud. What a difference a year makes.

I'm at a concert myself right now as well. Have fun!

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We're running the concert. Lol. Not quite as much fun. American Idol auditions are here this weekend.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

That was my big draw to switch to sprint. I was with Verizon for 5 years and only switches for the unlimited data. I really regretted it for a few months with the spotty service but now I seem to have lte in places verizon doesn't.

• Like 1

That was my big draw to switch to sprint. I was with Verizon for 5 years and only switches for the unlimited data. I really regretted it for a few months with the spotty service but now I seem to have lte in places verizon doesn't.

Yes thats why my family went with sprint last year too. If they do try and phase unlimited data out their just shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

No but I did see that article whenever it came out. I looked in the exclusive leaks on the tk tech news app for android. I don't believe every leak out there but this looks scary.