Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I pass that site every morning. What time of day was that so I can try to be there and test my phone on that sector?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It was 9:52 am, tuesday 1/28/2014 at that particular time.

it is not a consistent problem, in fact my sprint experience lately has been so wildly in-consistent in any of the various locations I frequent the last month or so, its extremely difficult to blame one particular site or sector.

today on the same site and details listed above, I just pulled a 54ms ping, 5m/2m, which is a more acceptable, if lower than normal/expected result.

Most times this particular site is +/- 10 to 15m down and 4-8m up.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to complain, simply providing a point of reference for some of the crazy network behavior going on lately.

It was 9:52 am, tuesday 1/28/2014 at that particular time.

it is not a consistent problem, in fact my sprint experience lately has been so wildly in-consistent in any of the various locations I frequent the last month or so, its extremely difficult to blame one particular site or sector.

today on the same site and details listed above, I just pulled a 54ms ping, 5m/2m, which is a more acceptable, if lower than normal/expected result.

Most times this particular site is +/- 10 to 15m down and 4-8m up.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to complain, simply providing a point of reference for some of the crazy network behavior going on lately.

I too am extremely disappointed. I deliver packages throughout the metro area and I lose connection going in and out of most buildings I encounter. I thought it was my S4, so I bought a Nexus 5 and it is just as bad. I carry an S3 with WiMax and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. It doesn't do any good to complain because the standard line is "It's a work in progress", blah, blah, blah.

I am going to break my Sprint contract and move on. Maybe in 10 years they will have their act together. I know a lot of people are tired of the wait. What good is unlimited data when you can't use it? Seems like a farce to me.

I too am extremely disappointed. I deliver packages throughout the metro area and I lose connection going in and out of most buildings I encounter. I thought it was my S4, so I bought a Nexus 5 and it is just as bad. I carry an S3 with WiMax and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. It doesn't do any good to complain because the standard line is "It's a work in progress", blah, blah, blah.

I am going to break my Sprint contract and move on. Maybe in 10 years they will have their act together. I know a lot of people are tired of the wait. What good is unlimited data when you can't use it? Seems like a farce to me.

At least wait until we get the Spark update for the N5. Already seeing very good results on the G2 after the Spark update.

Should be sooner than that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would hope closer to "the next few weeks".

I found this on the Nexus 5 page. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49873795&postcount=8

This guy thinks a week or two.

• Like 1

I would expect it to have the same or similar penetration as wimax did previously. Possibly better due to additional sprint based towers.

if it doesn't, then it would seem we would be going backwards.

So will spark penetrate buildings? That is where I have the worst issues. 

It's been a while since I've read up on Spark's progress, but here goes: 800Mhz (Band 26) LTE will penetrate buildings really well, and carries a much larger footprint due to the lower frequency. Right now, though, Sprint is able to serve up the 1900Mhz and 25-2600Mhz (Band 25 & Band 41) LTE in the STL Market.

Spark is going to be seriously amazing once it's fully launched. I'm sure other regulars here could speak to timelines better than myself, but from what I've read, Bands 25 & 41 will be up and running w/in the next 6 months, and Band 26 will be slowly coming online when Sprint can swap carrier cards and start pumping out that building-penetrating 800Mhz footprint.

Speaking from experience, I have an old Clearwire Band 41 tower about a quarter mile from my house pumping out legit speeds up to 30Mbps on my MiFi Hotspot (which I'm looking to sell, so if you know anyone that's interested...). I'm giddy thinking about having tri-band LTE so close to my house, Forest Park, etc. 

• Like 1

So will spark penetrate buildings? That is where I have the worst issues.

TDD-LTE will have slightly better coverage than the current WiMax footprint because it is usable on a weaker signal than WiMax is. And TDD-LTE is what Spark is really referring too. It will help enormously in areas that are already congested as well.

SMR (800MHz) LTE will add tremendously to in-building coverage, but Sprint has not yet started to deeply SMR LTE in the Missouri market. That should begin to happen by March.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So Sprint allowed a group of 3 on an existing account to join my Framily so mine is pretty much full now.

I thought they specifically did not allow that because my account is an existing group of 3 but it's more expensive than the old plan to only have 3

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I thought they specifically did not allow that because my account is an existing group of 3 but it's more expensive than the old plan to only have 3

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Its against the rules but sometimes chat reps don't actually know the rules. It has been said on multiple threads that it is technically possible to do within their system but store reps won't do it because 1. they're trained not to and 2. that it is monitored for fraud to make sure they are not abusing it. I would recommend that those who are interested in saving money switch before the chat reps get the proper training on the policy.

Its against the rules but sometimes chat reps don't actually know the rules. It has been said on multiple threads that it is technically possible to do within their system but store reps won't do it because 1. they're trained not to and 2. that it is monitored for fraud to make sure they are not abusing it. I would recommend that those who are interested in saving money switch before the chat reps get the proper training on the policy.

I know in the indirect stores we don't even have the ability to do it. They have pretty much blocked it from us all together. If we have an issue or made a mistake we have to call in to have them fix it. I think they should have allowed this from the very beginning. Or just made it a flat rate and made it easy for all.

I know in the indirect stores we don't even have the ability to do it. They have pretty much blocked it from us all together. If we have an issue or made a mistake we have to call in to have them fix it. I think they should have allowed this from the very beginning. Or just made it a flat rate and made it easy for all.

That is because you do not know FDT. Give it a shot sometime and it will become your best friend.