Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

19 minutes ago, Arysyn said:

Meaning if there weren't so much cost involved in densifying the network for 2.5ghz, would the value of the spectrum itself be higher, because at 120mhz of it, I would think so

If build out costs were factored in, then they went in favor of Sprint. 2.5 Ghz is considered ocean front property for 5G deployment since it's mostly paired already by one entity. It definitely offers better propagation than the next slice of paired spectrum that will become available to wireless companies (3.5 Ghz)

And let's not forget about the advancements in Massive MIMO...

• Like 1

I hope it’s safe to assume the new company will completely do away with the Sprint name and livery which is toxic in my opinion. I’d like to see the current T-Mobile logo and colors stay though I’m sure there will be pressure to make a gesture somehow. 

19 minutes ago, WillM said:

I hope it’s safe to assume the new company will completely do away with the Sprint name and livery which is toxic in my opinion. I’d like to see the current T-Mobile logo and colors stay though I’m sure there will be pressure to make a gesture somehow. 

It is looking like that. We will see soon enough

13 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

It is looking like that. We will see soon enough

I think they should do away with both names. Some don’t want to be under the Sprint name or the T-Mobile name. I think creating a new name would usher in a new era for the combined companies. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, derrph said:

I think they should do away with both names. Some don’t want to be under the Sprint name or the T-Mobile name. I think creating a new name would usher in a new era for the combined companies. 

Yes definitely. Get rid of both Brands create a new name and a great Public Image this way you can draw in customers by the droves.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, derrph said:

TINT

SPROBILE

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, derrph said:

That would be good. New company, New era. I’m kind of excited but nervous at the same time. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Yes definitely. Get rid of both Brands create a new name and a great Public Image this way you can draw in customers by the droves.

Back in 2014, both companies agreed that the merged company would be T-Mobile, so I don't see that changing. 

5 minutes ago, twospirits said:

Back in 2014, both companies agreed that the merged company would be T-Mobile, so I don't see that changing. 

That's true.  Tmobile has a better reputation between the two brands. I wonder who will be CTO, between John Saw or Neville Ray. I'm 99.9% sure Legere will be CEO ( sorry but I don't want Marcelo as CEO).

I can see them getting rid of boost mobile since both Boost and Metro PCS target the same demographic. 

2 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

That's true.  Tmobile has a better reputation between the two brands. I wonder who will be CTO, between John Saw or Neville Ray. I'm 99.9% sure Legere will be CEO ( sorry but I don't want Marcelo as CEO).

I can see them getting rid of boost mobile since both Boost and Metro PCS target the same demographic. 

sell off Boost and Metro off to Dish and have Dish become the new Sprint. lol All joking aside,  yeah i agree one will go and it will probably be Boost. As for John or Saw, something tells me they will keep Neville. 

39 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

That would be good. New company, New era. I’m kind of excited but nervous at the same time. 

I think everyone is.  It would be nice if they did honor and let people keep their current plans. I just ported back my main number back into  my existing Sprint account  today from Verizon and I like my UF price point

sell off Boost and Metro off to Dish and have Dish become the new Sprint. lol All joking aside,  yeah i agree one will go and it will probably be Boost. As for John or Saw, something tells me they will keep Neville. 
I think they will keep both John saw and Neville .. John has a lot of experience with 2.5

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There’s been a lot of positive momentum behind the T Mobile name the past few years. Why risk it with some name nobody knows? 

And dual HQ”s? Sounds dumb unless they just want to give Overland Park a false sense of security. 

31 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Both side seem confident or got word that the deal with get approved

I don't agree with having two headquarters. Seems like a waste having to transit multiple executives between the two locations. Just have it in one place.

Surely the Overland Park location is plenty big for both, more space perhaps than the Bellevue location. Personally I think the combined company should move out of both locations and move to Las Vegas, where T-Mobile has its arena. If then they decide they need another hub to go with it, open one up in New York City.

I don't agree with having two headquarters. Seems like a waste having to transit multiple executives between the two locations. Just have it in one place.
Surely the Overland Park location is plenty big for both, more space perhaps than the Bellevue location. Personally I think the combined company should move out of both locations and move to Las Vegas, where T-Mobile has its arena. If then they decide they need another hub to go with it, open one up in New York City.
Both are already up and running why spend money on new ones.. one can be HQ .. the other one can be HQ lab for network testing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Both are already up and running why spend money on new ones.. one can be HQ .. the other one can be HQ lab for network testing

Because it makes sense to have just one hq, and if they can't choose between the two, then move to just one place. Besides, Overland Park isn't very convenient of a location to either of the major cities on either coast. Las Vegas is, they have their arena there so having their hq nearby is a plus. Then they could simply operate a small hub on the other side of the country, NYC being best. Just keeping Bellevue doesn't sound like itll work either.

2 hours ago, derrph said:

I hate to bring up the old roundtable ad that got Sprint in trouble, but....the best word to describe the T-Mobile brand is somewhere between "ghetto" and "Millennial/Liberal". Their network is great, but their brand is very unappealing to many (especially when you consider who the people elected president). Having said that, credit to them for trying to find a middle ground with their new "Military Plan". 

Simple solution to the merger would be to just bring back the Nextel brand and gather up the old marketing team behind their genius ads.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

I hate to bring up the old roundtable ad that got Sprint in trouble, but....the best word to describe the T-Mobile brand is somewhere between "ghetto" and "Millennial/Liberal". Their network is great, but their brand is very unappealing to many (especially when you consider who the people elected president). Having said that, credit to them for trying to find a middle ground with their new "Military Plan". 

Simple solution to the merger would be to just bring back the Nextel brand and gather up the old marketing team behind their genius ads.

Absolutely not. 

Nobody remembers Nextel ads from God knows when and to be honest a lot of people remember that company as ghetto. T Mobile has resurrected the brand. Why throw that hard work away?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WillM said:

Nobody remembers Nextel ads from God knows when and to be honest a lot of people remember that company as ghetto. T Mobile has resurrected the brand. Why throw that hard work away?

Ghetto? Nextel targeted businesses. You don't know what you're talking about. You're thinking of Boost Mobile. Nextel was a business oriented brand that heavily advertised business solutions like Nationwide PTT, GPS tracking, email, etc (which for the time was very innovative)

T-Mobile still has an image problem. There's a reason why they continue to be #3 despite their aggressive pricing and advertising push in the past few years. Their growth has just about slowed down. This merger has a lot to do with spectrum, but it also has to do with growing the subscriber base. Hardcore Verizon and At&t users still hold a negative view of T-Mobile.

• Like 1

By the time Sprint bought Nextel they seemed pretty ghetto to me and stagnating.  Sprint was sold a bill of goods in my opinion. 

T- Mobile is in third place. They were a distant fourth at one point though. The last thing they’ll do is resurrect Nextel.