Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

I do hope FCC is going to enforced the deadline and hand the spectrum to whoever really want to be a carrier. I doubts the current FCC will do that.
If the merger fails Sprint should be allowed to have it. Could use the added BW

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Make dish use it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Just now, Tengen31 said:

Sprint have enough spectrum but not enough cash.

• Like 1

Sprint have enough spectrum but not enough cash.
I don't agree. They could have used it in the past for LTE allowing more B41 for 5G

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

They lack low band spectrum which is important when scaling up coverage.

Dish doesn't have much low band, I believe. They do have some 600Mhz. But the bulk of their spectrum is in AWS and PCS H block as well as some satellite bands converted for terrestrial use

They lack low band spectrum which is important when scaling up coverage.

Plus other spectrum would allow them to use more B41 on 5G and maybe another band to use on 5G

Dish doesn't have much low band, I believe. They do have some 600Mhz. But the bulk of their spectrum is in AWS and PCS H block as well as some satellite bands converted for terrestrial use
The AWS would have done them some good. If Sprint had vzws pocket book I think the would have gone in on the last two spectrum auctions

well either way that little bit of low band spectrum would give them a better position than what they have now. They really need some serious low-band spectrum in order to upscale coverage to even compete with T-Mobile. That little five-by-five slice of band 26 aka the 800 SMR band is not enough for long-term it's enough for voice coverage yes and maybe a small slice for Data but other than that they're going to need quite a bit.

Plus other spectrum would allow them to use more B41 on 5G and maybe another band to use on 5G

I still want to see them acquire some low-band spectrum. It would greatly benefit Sprint. But I also understand that takes cash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

If I'm not mistaken doesn't dish have spectrum Nationwide

If you read the article, the DOJ is negotiating with Charter, Comcast and I believe they tossed it over to Google too.   Dish was not offered because they are not believed to have the funds to establish a network.   I don't get this either as I'm sure many of you won't.  Seems the DOJ is way out of bounds with this info.    I would think they'd want Dish to start utilizing their spectrum also.   I don't know how much of this is real or rumor... time will tell.    I think this merger has been stretched to ridiculous levels - never seen before.    To offer this to Comcast is a slap in the face and offers special treatment to a company that is already a near Monopoly in the cable industry nationwide!   

Edited by dro1984

If you read the article, the DOJ is negotiating with Charter, Comcast and I believe they tossed it over to Google too.   Dish was not offered because they are not believed to have the funds to establish a network.   I don't get this either as I'm sure many of you won't.  Seems the DOJ is way out of bounds with this info.    I would think they'd want Dish to start utilizing their spectrum also.   I don't know how much of this is real or rumor... time will tell.    I think this merger has been stretched to ridiculous levels - never seen before.    Too offer this to Comcast is a slap in the face and offers special treatment to a company that is already a near Monopoly in the cable industry nationwide!   
I'm well aware that they have a monopoly Nationwide. Plus they have a MN vo agreement with Verizon. In my opinion I'd like to see Sprint stand on its own. if they strategize in areas where their coverage is strong they can easily compete with T-Mobile on the urban level. But obviously that also takes cash.

Sprint doesn't have the cash to do anything with additional spectrum on their own.   They can barely use what they have now let alone fix the backhaul issues.    

• Like 2

Sprint doesn't have the cash to do anything with additional spectrum on their own.   They can barely use what they have now let alone fix the backhaul issues.    
I do understand to that they have a considerable amount of debt. but with a bit more strategizing and not giving away free service they could hopefully make a positive cash flow.

• Like 1

That's why If the DOJ fails the Merger then they should have to be on the hook to help Sprint out

• Like 1

That's why If the DOJ fails the Merger then they should have to be on the hook to help Sprint out 

I actually agree with that. TMobile should fork over cash and in my opinion some of that delicious band 71 spectrum to Sprint.

39 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I actually agree with that. TMobile should fork over cash and in my opinion some of that delicious band 71 spectrum to Sprint.

They'll never give up band 71. Not a chance. 

They'll never give up band 71. Not a chance. 
Think there would be a better chance of PCS. If the Merger fails I wish they could then just share spectrum

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

Think there would be a better chance of PCS. If the Merger fails I wish they could then just share spectrum

I don't think they would do that either. They don't have enough spectrum as it is. But I think band 71 would be the last thing they would give up. 

I don't think they would do that either. They don't have enough spectrum as it is. But I think band 71 would be the last thing they would give up. 
Oh you never know that could become one of the concessions for the merger. If the merger fails.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-amazon-com-e/exclusive-amazon-interested-in-buying-boost-from-t-mobile-sprint-sources-idUSKCN1T02OV?il=0

Amazon wants to buy boost and some spectrum. The irony is, they should have bought the whole company from the get-go.

• Like 5

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-amazon-com-e/exclusive-amazon-interested-in-buying-boost-from-t-mobile-sprint-sources-idUSKCN1T02OV?il=0
Amazon wants to buy boots and some spectrum. The irony is, they should have bought the whole company from the get-go.
If the Merger fails they should buy Sprint

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NYC126 said:

Amazon wants to buy boots and some spectrum. The irony is, they should have bought the whole company from the get-go.

That'll be interesting. Who would they get spectrum from? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Cheaper to buy boost and invest the money that you would buying sprint Into boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No debt with Boost unlike Sprint