Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Funny you should mention it. Just drove it yesterday on my way home from Utah and did not get a single hit anywhere along 25 heading into Denver.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back when that tower first went live I bolted up there that first weekend like the winning powerball ticket was waiting for me. I stayed around the area for a bit and never once got a hit so I wonder of it cycles.

New user, longtime lurker. Hey guys!

Took a drive up I-25 from north Denver to Longmont, then over to Estes Park. Got ZERO LTE, even abeam the tower at Dacono. Cycled airplane mode multiple times, rebooted. Nada. Yes, I am set to CDMA/LTE network in the settings. Kinda surprised at that result. Anyone else tried in the area lately?

I picked up a friend from DIA on Thursday night around 11 PM and also got zero LTE with my Gnex, even after cycling airplane mode multiple times. It really bummed me out as I've been patiently waiting to see what it's going to be like.

Looks like I may have had bad timing, then?

All the sites along US 50 between I-25 in Pueblo and Cañon City have been upgraded with new Samsung NV equipment. Every single one. Yet none of these are accepted yet. Colorado may be much farther along than it seems. :fingers: I discovered no LTE nor CDMA 800 though. :td: Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just searched on the Douglas, Denver, and Jefferson County websites and found quite a few permits that are likely NV related.  Some of them (from Denver county) I can't tell and I haven't taken the time to check if all of them correlate with Sprint towers (though most of the ones I checked do).

If anyone wants to look for themselves, here's the info.  

Some companies to search for:

Mountain Wireless Construction Inc

Mastec Network Solutions LLC

GENESIS ELECTRIC INC

ADVANCED WIRELESS SOLUTIONS INC

INMAN ELECTRICAL SERVICES INC

TETRA TECH CONSTRUCTION INC

Denver County: there are PDFs on the right hand side under 'permit records for current year', I search the file for 'network' and 'wireless' to find potential permits and then sift through them.  Two companies that have come up a lot are Mountain Wireless Construction Inc and Mastec Network Solutions LLC

http://www.denvergov.org/developmentservices/DevelopmentServices/CommercialProjects/BuildingPermits/tabid/436405/Default.aspx

Douglas County: search projects with a marketing name of 'Sprint'.  These aren't actual permits, but are a process before building permits.

http://apps.douglas.co.us/apps/planning/initHome.do

If you want actual building permits, search by address or contractor here.  The same two companies above have some permits here also.

https://apps.douglas.co.us/apps/building/permitSearch.do

Jefferson County (Sprint permits only)

http://jeffco.us/amandaItoI/index.cfm?fuseaction=PermitSearchByContractor&StartRow=0&PeopleID=226658&Contractor=sprint&Sorter=validstatus.statusdesc

• Like 3

Got some southward movement on LTE on I25 in the springs... :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

just an fyi, I had some LTE even on the Academy (south gate) but it dies just before the housing areas :(

should be in sensorly soon enough!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk HD

Two sites were accepted in the Springs. We have exact locations posted in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still no luck in Pueblo. But if something does up I'm sure sensorly will map it. It seems like every time I look at my phone sensorly is mapping. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by latingonzo86

New here so excuse my lack of group protocol knowledge. I'm located in Fireston about 2 miles east of I-25/Longmont Exit. I chipped in a donation to paypal. So, where do I get the maps with better detail.

I am interested if there's ever any hope of seeing 4G where I live. I know Sprint done work on a tower just north of me by the freeway.

Sorry for the stupid questions...

New here so excuse my lack of group protocol knowledge. I'm located in Fireston about 2 miles east of I-25/Longmont Exit. I chipped in a donation to paypal. So, where do I get the maps with better detail.

I am interested if there's ever any hope of seeing 4G where I live. I know Sprint done work on a tower just north of me by the freeway.

Sorry for the stupid questions...

Robert will upgrade your account as soon as he gets a chance.

I got LTE on I-25 north of I-70 this morning around 8AM. Last night on my way home from work there were workers in a crane bucket (not a cherry picker, oddly) working on the tower at Paulino Gardens (64th Ave at I-25). I didn't get a chance to do any speed tests or sensorly mapping. I know it died before I got to the US-36 exit. 

Unfortunately, there is no Sprint tower located at Paulino Gardens, so if the one you saw them working on was on the grounds of Paulino, then it must have been someone else's tower. 

Unfortunately, there is no Sprint tower located at Paulino Gardens, so if the one you saw them working on was on the grounds of Paulino, then it must have been someone else's tower. 

Makes sense that it wasn't that tower. I would've expected better signal propagation from a tower that high and so close to where I lost LTE.

Feels like things have started to slow down in the Denver area. This site went three days with no updates. Is the completion time still the end of 2013?

Completion or launch? I don't think completion was ever expected to be end of 2013. Completion will likely be early to mid 2014. However, launch will probably late 2013. There will be appreciable coverage, almost complete coverage, once 50-70% of sites are upgraded.

Here's an odd one. I'm running the test PRL 34010 (scans 800 test sites). Today I'm in Boulder County in my usual total dead zone where it constantly scans between 3 towers. SignalCheck Pro gives me an 1x800 alert. I look at the app and it claims I am connected to an 1x800 tower in Keenesburg. After about 5 seconds it goes back to a local tower. I did the math, that's 34 miles away. WTF?  If the new 1x800 towers get that kind of coverage I can hardly wait until they fire up something a bit closer.

Here's an odd one. I'm running the test PRL 34010 (scans 800 test sites). Today I'm in Boulder County in my usual total dead zone where it constantly scans between 3 towers. SignalCheck Pro gives me an 1x800 alert. I look at the app and it claims I am connected to an 1x800 tower in Keenesburg. After about 5 seconds it goes back to a local tower. I did the math, that's 34 miles away. WTF?  If the new 1x800 towers get that kind of coverage I can hardly wait until they fire up something a bit closer.

Wow, that's a seriously impressive reach.  That could explain my hits downtown quite easily.

800 is much more prone to skip/ducting than 1900 or 2600. Could be a case of a localized perfect storm for propagation perfection. 

Or, Sprint could just be screwing with you.