Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Will sprint lte go up ? I went to Castle Rock and lte was nice but bit slow. I was expecting 30 mb but only got 4 mbs sometimes it wen up to 10 mbs

what kind of signal are you getting?  I get a decent signal at my house and consistently it's between 7.5-15 mb, but typically sits right at 10.  My signal strength is usually around -100 dBm.  This is with the exact same phone as you have.  I will also say that I have noticed that the speeds definitely fluctuate.  I have seen slower speeds than what I am used to with a better signal, so there may be some question as to the quality of the signal as well affecting your speeds.

Will sprint lte go up ? I went to Castle Rock and lte was nice but bit slow. I was expecting 30 mb but only got 4 mbs sometimes it wen up to 10 mbs

Only in ideal conditions will you get 30Mbps. That is near the theoretical max speed of Sprint's network. 

Sprint advertises speeds of 6-8Mbps. Don't go around expecting 30Mbps. Once every single site is completed, you'll probably see speeds settling around 10Mbps in most places, with pockets of higher speeds. In reality, 4-6Mbps is fast enough for pretty much anything you'll need to do on your phone.

As posted above, signal strength plays into the speeds you will see. Speeds are highly dependent on your signal, if you have a weak signal, don't expect to see speeds higher than about 3 or 4Mbps. A moderate signal will yield speeds usually between 6 and 15Mbps. A strong signal will get you that 15+ speed. 

Note that if there is only one sites active in an area, speeds will not be representative of the final network since that site will be handling more users than normal. There is currently only one sites active in Castle Rock.

The tower in woodland park and the one south of woodland park colorado are not 1x800 active yet i drove up there and no 1x800 so im not sure why the map on s4gru says its complete if its not active yet? could someone tell me if im wrong or why is there no 1x800 yet on those two towers

The tower in woodland park and the one south of woodland park colorado are not 1x800 active yet i drove up there and no 1x800 so im not sure why the map on s4gru says its complete if its not active yet? could someone tell me if im wrong or why is there no 1x800 yet on those two towers

Which PRL do you have on your phone?

All the 800 sites along I-25 between Walsenburg and Denver were live for me yesterday. Your phone will not connect to 800 if it is on 1900. It will not even search for 800 until you lose 1900 service. Next time you are in range, do a PRL update. It won't actually change your PRL, but it will force your device to rescan starting with 800 first.

Also, another note. We don't have live site maps, we have accepted site maps. We get the data from Sprint when they accept a technology as complete for each site. Sometimes they go live before acceptance, during acceptance or after acceptance. It's just the way it is.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are a few posts in the sites in the "report sites in progress" thread.  Definitely worth dropping a few dollars to get access to! :)

I will hopefully soon, I just have literally had no extra scratch lately!  That's what having a baby, and buying a house within a month of each other do to your finances...  :rolleyes:

There are dozens of sites I've seen from Walsenburg up through Denver that have new panels/RRU's installed but not yet accepted. They do have their ass in gear. Please stop the blathering.

As someone who lives in one of the most densely populated areas of Denver, I'm going to have to disagree with this. Sprint service is borderline unusable anytime there is a Rockies game or festival downtown. 

Only LTE signal I've picked up is cruising down to the Springs coming through Castle Rock. I'm hoping they light things up soon. Sprint is a far cry cheaper than Verizon.

As someone who lives in one of the most densely populated areas of Denver, I'm going to have to disagree with this. Sprint service is borderline unusable anytime there is a Rockies game or festival downtown. 

Only LTE signal I've picked up is cruising down to the Springs coming through Castle Rock. I'm hoping they light things up soon. Sprint is a far cry cheaper than Verizon.

It's OK that you're wrong.  How can you say you disagree with this statement that I made? "There are dozens of sites I've seen from Walsenburg up through Denver that have new panels/RRU's installed but not yet accepted."  It's true and verifiable.  I didn't say there was lots live.  But if you had a Sprint Triband LTE device, about 2/3 of the City of Denver is covered with Band 41 LTE.

Robert

I can back Robert up there, when I was in Denver two weeks ago, I saw a good number of sites with NV gear installed. Many many more have been installed since then. If you were a sponsor, you could see just how many it is. Though I'm sure it slowed a bit with all the rain and flooding this past week. Data was not terrible for me, and I was all over the place. I was able to stream CNN Live on my phone on just 3G from north Denver through Broomfield into Boulder.

It's OK that you're wrong.  How can you say you disagree with this statement that I made? "There are dozens of sites I've seen from Walsenburg up through Denver that have new panels/RRU's installed but not yet accepted."  It's true and verifiable.  I didn't say there was lots live.  But if you had a Sprint Triband LTE device, about 2/3 of the City of Denver is covered with Band 41 LTE.

Robert

Not the part I was talking about, nice presumption though. This is what I was disagreeing with:

They do have their ass in gear.

But, continue to assume you know what I was intending when talking about your response. Clearly, I am "wrong."

Not the part I was talking about, nice presumption though. This is what I was disagreeing with:

But, continue to assume you know what I was intending when talking about your response. Clearly, I am "wrong."

Maybe you should only quote the part you intend to disagree with instead of quoting the whole part about multiple sites being updated. Next time, quote only what you are disagreeing with as you just did above and then you won't have to try and save face while being a tool and back peddling. 

I saw nothing wrong with Robert's reply since you took the entire post and quoted it, in effect saying that everything in the post was a lie. Instead of getting all defensive, try to look at your posts before you hit the submit button. 

Back on topic, hopefully now that the rains are gone and things are starting to dry out, the inspectors can get out and start looking at some of those NV sites that are, in fact updated with the gear since they do, after all have their ar$ses in gear. 

Edit: Your phone seems to be the issue. It's a known LTE dud, so there is another of your problems.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so forgive me if I ask a silly question...does anyone think its a bad idea to port from at&t to Sprint? I'm thinking about getting the 5S on Friday, and I keep reading that its missing band 41 of LTE. Is that a cause for concern? I really enjoy my LTE with at&t, but I would like unlimited data with Sprint. Does anyone know how Sprints network is in the 80016 zip code of Aurora not too far from Southlands mall? I live close to where Gun Club and Aurora Parkway meet.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so forgive me if I ask a silly question...does anyone think its a bad idea to port from at&t to Sprint? I'm thinking about getting the 5S on Friday, and I keep reading that its missing band 41 of LTE. Is that a cause for concern? I really enjoy my LTE with at&t, but I would like unlimited data with Sprint. Does anyone know how Sprints network is in the 80016 zip code of Aurora not too far from Southlands mall? I live close to where Gun Club and Aurora Parkway meet.

Yes it's a big mistake. Denver, Colorado is a clearwire Phase 1 priority market with more than a hundred TD-LTE Band 41 sites live and active whereas Sprint Band 25/26 LTE (PCS & SMR) are still fairly limited and have lower speeds than what a fully upgraded TD-LTE site can spew out. 

Anyone in a clearwire wimax market absolutely should get a triband device no matter what to take advantage of the TD-LTE network that is being rapidly deployed all across the nation over existing wimax sites. 

I don't know why, but I'm set on the 5S. Well I would luv a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone device but it doesn't look like that will be coming to Sprint...are there no plans to add bands 25/26 LTE to the Denver area? At least within the next 6 months?

I don't know why, but I'm set on the 5S. Well I would luv a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone device but it doesn't look like that will be coming to Sprint...are there no plans to add bands 25/26 LTE to the Denver area? At least within the next 6 months?

There is but TD-LTE will be long completed and live throughout the Denver area before Band 25/26 becomes ubiquitous. 

They are currently adding Band 25 around Denver. There are only about 3-4 sites live now. Mostly around DIA. There will be approximately 20-30 live in the next 3 months, and maybe 70-100 in 6 months.

They are also starting to add Band 26 to sites in the Denver area in the next few months. But within 6 months, they will probably only have two dozen live.

So if those timelines work for you, then Sprint may be a viable option. If you need widespread LTE coverage, then you need a Band 41 device or you may want to ride it out with ATT.

Would band 41 be accessible on the iPhone 5S though a software update? Or is it just completely missing from the hardware?

I'm not even sure Sprint is a good carrier in my zip code of 80016. When I checked the network.sprint.com website, they didn't seem to have too many towers where I live.

There is but TD-LTE will be long completed and live throughout the Denver area before Band 25/26 becomes ubiquitous.

I want to lock myself into unlimited data, before it is no longer offered. Sounds like it may be a painful transition tho.

Would band 41 be accessible on the iPhone 5S though a software update? Or is it just completely missing from the hardware?

I'm not even sure Sprint is a good carrier in my zip code of 80016. When I checked the network.sprint.com website, they didn't seem to have too many towers where I live.

It would be a hardware limitation, so it will never see LTE 41.

Look at Sensorly.com (or the app) for good real-world coverage maps. Also, Sprint does have a trial period. You could always sign up and see how the service is where you need it. Not sure how porting works if you were to decide to go back to ATT, though.

I believe Sprint stated not too long ago that they were not going to drop unlimited data in the foreseeable future. I'm thinking a few years at minimum. They will probably see how their subscriber base is after NV 2.0 and how their network is holding up and evaluate it then. 

Edited by Craig

I just moved north from the 80015 area code.  Voice coverage is great, but don't expect great things as far as data coverage goes.  3g speeds rarely get to 1 Mbps, 4G in my experience has been non-existent.  While I don't live down there, I still visit folks down there fairly regularly.  I would say that I get as many hits as most people in this forum, with a few hits of 4G that nobody else seems to be getting, and I have never even had a slight flicker of 4G in that area of town.

If it's network speeds you are concerned about, Spring may not be your best option for a while yet.