Coverage Map Updated 1/12/18

More updated areas onto 21502 (Cumberland, Maryland) and surrounding areas, those 3G areas were reported on the app a few times, and I had made a case number last week, so I'm curious if they turned off the towers for it. 

Other locations in which I see these changes: Frostburg, Maryland - 21532. When traveling through these areas, the phone would stick to Sprint 3G and then hook back onto Extended LTE when leaving the areas. I'm glad to see that these changes are now full Extended, but I wonder if they have kicked into effect, as I was there this past week and it was still 3G.

On the case number, i1335175766 if any employees want to check it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elijah said:

More updated areas onto 21502 (Cumberland, Maryland) and surrounding areas, those 3G areas were reported on the app a few times, and I had made a case number last week, so I'm curious if they turned off the towers for it. 

Other locations in which I see these changes: Frostburg, Maryland - 21532. When traveling through these areas, the phone would stick to Sprint 3G and then hook back onto Extended LTE when leaving the areas. I'm glad to see that these changes are now full Extended, but I wonder if they have kicked into effect, as I was there this past week and it was still 3G.

On the case number, i1335175766 if any employees want to check it.

Those few old 3G only sites around Cumberland & Frostburg, Md could easily be turned off now  This would make it much easier to do a quick rip & replace without disturbing anybody. Allow all users to use the Extended LTE while the contractors have the ability to rip all the old 3g, start with a clean slate at each of the sites, install all the new.  I do not know if it will happen that way, but I would surely consider doing it that way if I had the responsibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Praise the Lord!  :D The "LTE Plus".coverage issues for the Cleveland market have been mostly resolved.  They forgot to add the new B41 coverage in Geauga county.  Then again, it has only been continuously live for less than a week.   It looks like the Toledo market may have been thinned on B41, but my hunch is that it needed it.

It doesn't look like anything was done in west PA to account for any of the B41 live sites around Erie, Meadville and State College.  It may be that an official launch hasn't occurred yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

New "Extended" LTE in South and North Dakota. Two areas, one including Rapid City. Interesting. 

The Rapid City one was there in the 12/8 update.  ;)

It's Golden West Wireless on Sprint spectrum.  G Block.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

I enjoy the new grid style roaming area key. This is much better than experiments in yellow we saw a few months ago.

Hmm. I really don't like the hashing. Makes it hard to look at, at least for me. Much preferred with Extended LTE was a different color. Really hard to tell where Sprint LTE stops and Extended starts. Though I suppose that is by design. 

• Like 3

Hmm. I really don't like the hashing. Makes it hard to look at, at least for me. Much preferred with Extended LTE was a different color. Really hard to tell where Sprint LTE stops and Extended starts. Though I suppose that is by design. 
As you zoom in, it becomes much more apparent where the boundaries are. *I don't like the hatch pattern either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Many parts of the UP in Michigan now show extended LTE (perhaps done earlier). Some b41 in Columbus OH metro proper is added plus some Granville, but most outlying b41 done in the last year or so remains MIA. Dayton still outdated.

22 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Many parts of the UP in Michigan now show extended LTE (perhaps done earlier). Some b41 in Columbus OH metro proper is added plus some Granville, but most outlying b41 done in the last year or so remains MIA. Dayton still outdated.

I believe they’re going to be covering I-75 between Trowbridge and Hebron in Michigan with 6 future Nextel conversions! :D 

• Like 1

Does this include Marquette Michigan ? Also pls explain extended LTE ? This is by US Cell correct ? Is it broadcasting Sprints spectrum or US cell ? And is it treated as native coverage and not going agh st data though I’m in unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this is by Cellcom, a Wisconsin based carrier.

Marquette Michigan is not yet included.  These areas include locations where Sprint through Clearwire had WiMax sites, the only 4G in the UP for many years.

Extended LTE may not have all the Sprint features, but counts as regular data usage towards your plan.  This should mean regular LTE speeds.

• Like 1

The Rapid City one was there in the 12/8 update.  [emoji6]
It's Golden West Wireless on Sprint spectrum.  G Block.
Does that mean they are providing coverage for Sprint there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes. 
Can boost access that? I only ask cause I might go there this summer. I was planning on getting a VZW or metro sim to be able to use my phone there.

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Can boost access that? I only ask cause I might go there this summer. I was planning on getting a VZW or metro sim to be able to use my phone there.

I do not believe so. Generally speaking, Sprint’s prepaid brands don’t have have access to data roaming. 

I do not believe so. Generally speaking, Sprint’s prepaid brands don’t have have access to data roaming. 
Oh so this is just off network roaming?

20 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

Does this include Marquette Michigan ? Also pls explain extended LTE ? This is by US Cell correct ? Is it broadcasting Sprints spectrum or US cell ? And is it treated as native coverage and not going agh st data though I’m in unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marquett continues to have Extended 3G coverage. Extended just means it is roaming service, but it counts as native data. Meaning no restrictions, if you have unlimited, you will continue to have unlimited data while using that service.

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Oh so this is just off network roaming?

No it is Extended LTE service. 

Can you use a Virgin sim in a Boost phone? I didn't think you could do that because of the CDMA aspect.
Virgin does, at least on the Inner Circle thing, which I don't really know much about. Their map shows it as Extended data, and shows Extended LTE nearby, but not in Marquette.

Virgin does, at least on the Inner Circle thing, which I don't really know much about. Their map shows it as Extended data, and shows Extended LTE nearby, but not in Marquette.

Does this work the same way as C-spire does in Mississippi? I had no problem getting signal last year when I when thru Mississippi