Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

I do hope this is a change in policy.  It was very frustrating last time I visited the area  where my parents live and every time a whiff of 1X 800 popped up, it would drop the US Cellular LTE and I'd have no data for a few minutes until it realized the 1X 800 at -105 was too weak to be useful...

- Trip

• Like 1

Good luck with that. Don't think we've seen LTE roaming on a Nexus device yet.

Sent from my LG G5

The sprint coverage maps for the device says I should be able to and have said as such for months which irks me even more.

Good luck with that. Don't think we've seen LTE roaming on a Nexus device yet.

Sent from my LG G5

I'm pretty sure Tim has roamed on USCC LTE with his 5X.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The sprint coverage maps for the device says I should be able to and have said as such for months which irks me even more.

Well... that one is odd. Tweet Marcelo? haha

I'm pretty sure Tim has roamed on USCC LTE with his 5X.

If you can find a link, I'd appreciate it. I don't recall seeing that, but I may have missed it.

I would like to know as well.  I have a Nexus 5X and frequent USCC and Appalachian Wireless territory often.  I would love to get me some LTE.  Granted, 3G is always 1~2Mbps anyways. 

As far as the Sprint 1x + Roaming LTE, it could be a policy shift.  I'd imagine that it would greatly improve user experience and data reliability/dependability.

If you can find a link, I'd appreciate it. I don't recall seeing that, but I may have missed it.

On second look I can't find anything. It must've been on another device.

Currently in NE Georgia on VZW EVDO. First time having successful VZW EVDO roaming.

I've been roaming on Verizon EVDO a lot at this fishing lake I go to in Escondido, CA since middle June. There's also a stealth tree Verizon tower (labeled Verizon on gate) on the opposite of the parking lot. Early June, and way before, I'd go there sitting on 1x, then noticed one day at a Catfish derby I was in, SCP was showing Verizon EVDO solid green. First time ever I was able to browse online at that location, including being in the boat. 

Well that sucked.  It was like that only tower I got VZW EVDO on.  Was in other areas in NE GA and far West NC and EVDO was not working on VZW.  Kills me.  

Wish they would just get going with an LTE roaming agreement already.  They need too with VZW 3G shutdown in 40 months.  

Might give them some more data on where they need to drop Macro sites first whenever they get around to expansion, if ever.

Well that sucked.  It was like that only tower I got VZW EVDO on.  Was in other areas in NE GA and far West NC and EVDO was not working on VZW.  Kills me.  

Wish they would just get going with an LTE roaming agreement already.  They need too with VZW 3G shutdown in 40 months.  

Might give them some more data on where they need to drop Macro sites first whenever they get around to expansion, if ever.

I feel like giving VZW more money is on the list of things Sprint doesn't want to do.

For the last several months when I've driven through US Cellular territory in KS and NE my GS7 will connect to USC LTE but I will get no data throughput. Reboots do not fix the problem.

Anyone else seeing this or am I all alone here?

• Like 1

For the last several months when I've driven through US Cellular territory in KS and NE my GS7 will connect to USC LTE but I will get no data throughput. Reboots do not fix the problem.

Anyone else seeing this or am I all alone here?

Happened every time to me when roaming in USCC territory. Only fix is to place a phone call which somehow registers you on their network. Hang up and data will be flowing.

Reboot, profile update and airplane mode toggle don't work.

• Like 2

Happened every time to me when roaming in USCC territory. Only fix is to place a phone call which somehow registers you on their network. Hang up and data will be flowing.

Reboot, profile update and airplane mode toggle don't work.

At one point in June I made a call to customer service and don't remember data working after the call. But it's a been a while. I'll definitely give that a shot next I'm out there. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The above happened to me again this weekend in rural Missouri. I was able to fix it by toggling every setting I could get my hands on that was associated with roaming. Not sure which one fixed it, but it works now. Good grief.

• 3 weeks later...

After you hit your plans non native data roaming allowance for the month is there anyway to get additional roaming data? How would I go about doing that and what is the cost?

there isnt anyway to get more roaming data its based upon your plan and once you hit the limit they cut you off and you have to wait until your next billing cycle in order to have it turned back on

there isnt anyway to get more roaming data its based upon your plan and once you hit the limit they cut you off and you have to wait until your next billing cycle in order to have it turned back on

If I go into my services on my sprint account there is an option to remove the data roaming suspension why is this an option if there is no way to restore data?

If I go into my services on my sprint account there is an option to remove the data roaming suspension why is this an option if there is no way to restore data?

I wasn't aware of that option. Is there an option to pay for your data roaming? I will let someone else answer this that knows more about it

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Could you try it and use a megabyte or two and see what happens?

Could you try it and use a megabyte or two and see what happens?

I would rather know what the potential charge would be because I live in a area covered by sprint but have a weekend place that is roaming on Us cellular. So I can't just test out a few megabytes its either have it on the whole weekend until I come home or don't have anymore data there until my next bill cycle.