What happened to Sprintusers.com?

techfranz

Sprintusers is the victim of trolls and lack of proper moderation of them. It is the reason why I left SU and created S4GRU four years ago. The trolls try to come in and ruin S4GRU too. But we keep fighting them back. The day we let them take over here will be the beginning of the end of S4GRU too. May we never capitulate.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 27

I think ultimately what killed Sprintusers is manual account authorization. When I made an account there to crosspost the pricing spreadsheet it took..

TWO WEEKS AND 3 EMAILS TO THE ADMIN

to get my account activated. What a shit-show.

• Like 3

I think ultimately what killed Sprintusers is manual account authorization. When I made an account there to crosspost the pricing spreadsheet it took..

They require manual account authorization now? Why? If they let people post just about anything they want, why on earth would they require that?

• Like 1

This pretty much sums it up

Yes, it does.  And that is hilarious.

AJ

• Like 2

I got denied registration there and the admins never got back to me. So you're not alone! [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

They require manual account authorization now? Why? If they let people post just about anything they want, why on earth would they require that?

Because they went full hater and wouldn't let those who want to set the record straight come in.

• Like 1

Its funny, I've been a member there since 2004 and have a total of only 40 posts to my name. lol Last time I post on there was back in 2011 (except today). But yeah, getting back on topic, it is a ghost town for the most part. Deval has over 20K posts. Man that guy never shuts up.  :P

TS

• Like 6

What's funny to me is that a couple of the main people that helped to kill that site don't even post there anymore and haven't for a while. They came, spread their poison and as soon as the patient became terminal, moved on. The only thing of note that they've had to talk about over there for some time is the affairs of this site. Sad.

I also find it amusing that a member over there has, for reasons unknown, threatened to do AJ bodily harm should she ever meet him.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2776287&postcount=5

• Like 2

What's funny to me is that a couple of the main people that helped to kill that site don't even post there anymore and haven't for a while. They came, spread their poison and as soon as the patient became terminal, moved on. The only thing of note that they've had to talk about over there for some time is the affairs of this site. Sad.

I also find it amusing that a member over there has, for reasons unknown, threatened to do AJ bodily harm should she ever meet him. :lol::lol::lol:

Are any of the cancers on that thread?

I love the comments that say that SU is dying because everyone is leaving Sprint. How much has Sprint contracted in total customers? Like a few percentage points? If that was true, then SU could have lost members by a similar count. Since the numbers are way more significant, it obviously something else.

Additionally, we have a lot of members who have stayed at S4GRU even though they had to get service from someone else. And even contribute to S4GRU financially. We have many Sponsors who never have even had Sprint service.

It is so patently obvious that those who enjoy Sprint discussion are gone from SU. Why they hosted Sprint bashing is beyond me. It was going to kill the site. Because trolls contribute nothing but page loads, and their page loads are cancerous. They may be a lot today, but they will destroy their host and move on.

You have to do hand to hand combat with trolls or they will consume you alive.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 12

I came over from SprintFeed.  Back when I actually used Twitter. Haha

SprintFeed was a good site and I like Mark Hearn.  We even collaborated on some things.  However, he needed his site to support him financially.  And that was going to be tough.  Fortunately we don't need S4GRU to support us personally.

I also find it amusing that a member over there has, for reasons unknown, threatened to do AJ bodily harm should she ever meet him.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

A Southern woman with an EVO based username who watches too much NASCAR wants to punch me?  Now, that is high class.

And, yes, I became a moderator by paying simony to Robert.  In actuality, I am not a moderator, per se.  I was a Contributing Author with moderator powers, if needed, then became Technical Editor with moderator powers, if needed, when we created that official position.

True, I am one of the largest donors to S4GRU -- but never has that been to curry favor with or position from Robert.  It has been to support the site, to return the favor that S4GRU exists.  And I earned my position here by being one of the foremost wireless spectrum authorities elsewhere on the Web for the past decade, then following that up at S4GRU with dozens of researched articles and thousands of factual posts -- with plenty of comedic posts mixed in for good measure.

So, these malcontents and kooks can create false narratives in their heads about S4GRU.  But they are just operating in their own little distortion fields.

AJ

• Like 15

Its funny, I've been a member there since 2004 and have a total of only 40 posts to my name. lol Last time I post on there was back in 2011 (except today). But yeah, getting back on topic, it is a ghost town for the most part. Deval has over 20K posts. Man that guy never shuts up.  :P

TS

Lol, I pretty much lived off that site back in the day. Met so many of the folks in person, a lot of fun.

I love the comments that say that SU is dying because everyone is leaving Sprint. How much has Sprint contracted in total customers? Like a few percentage points? If that was true, then SU could have lost members by a similar count. Since the numbers are way more significant, it obviously something else.

Additionally, we have a lot of members who have stayed at S4GRU even though they had to get service from someone else. And even contribute to S4GRU financially. We have many Sponsors who never have even had Sprint service.

It is so patently obvious that those who enjoy Sprint discussion are gone from SU. Why they hosted Sprint bashing is beyond me. It was going to kill the site. Because trolls contribute nothing but page loads, and their page loads are cancerous. They may be a lot today, but they will destroy their host and move on.

You have to do hand to hand combat with trolls or they will consume you alive.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

S4GRU's success simply cannot be argued with, which the SprintUsers site really shows that by how different the two sites are. However, looking at S4GRU alone is enough to prove that point. I for one, am both amazed, yet also glad for the success S4GRU has had.

Also, regarding trolls... it definitely is something which staff of any site do have to fight off vigorously. Along with spam accounts and staff leechers, the latter I had to deal with as an admin on one of the sites I managed. I call those who constantly "kiss up" to staff in hopes for a greater role, as staff leechers, though if there is a better name for it, please let me know. It actually caused me, the main admin at the time, some problems with one particular individual.

I mention this, because I'm curious if that may have been an issue at SU. If the admin there are lacking in response to members for several weeks, it shows there may be a problem among their staff. I definitely learned from my experience with that when I went on to helping a friend with his forum later on, but as SU is still online but not responsive, I'm wondering if there in an ongoing problem among its staff.

Well anyways, at least all is well here on S4GRU!

• Like 5

Well this is the site that makes magentrolls to hit themselves in the head because they can't infiltrate it.

There is a troll at fiercewireless that mentions S4GRU on every comment. His latest attack is that some S4GRU members give this site a bad reputation. Of course we know why he attacks Sprint , and members of this site fiercely.He or she can't can't post here.However he always put the bait on the comments section, and some of our members fall for it.

The best weapon is to ignore him.

• Like 2

I know what individual you speak of, and all I'm going to say there is that it's about time those within the T-Mobile community start to handle their own. If I were Phil I would have just taken down discus comments altogether and forced registration with people's real names. I don't think Fabian Cortez is really that guy's name. If he wants to establish that is his real name with legal proof my name is known and there are plenty of routes where he can contact me to establish who he is. I'd even be OK with meeting the guy the next time I'm in FL since I have family down there.

That said, I think it's best that S4GRU and T4GRU members just abstain from FierceWireless comments for the time being.

• Like 2