3/20/2015 Sprint Spark Coverage Map updated

clbowens

Fresno coverage is still completely broken. Still shows more spark coverage than sprint voice and 3g. Wut.

Some markets updated really realistically.  Others are just awful.  Fresno is definitely the latter.

Some markets updated really realistically. Others are just awful. Fresno is definitely the latter.

They still seem to be going back market by market and revamping Spark coverage, and regular LTE as well in some cases. More than 3/4 seem to be updated, but there are still more to go. Several in California stand out, plus Miami (which was revamped but then reverted to the giant block of yellow in the last update for some reason).

Coverage maps should be as accurate as possible for outdoor coverage. Granted there are variations for phone model RF performance and ground clutter. But, by and whole, they can be made accurate for outdoor coverage. And Sprint needs to improve drastically in this arena, with map sizing, quality and accuracy.

As for indoor coverage, there is no way to accurately map that. There is so much variability to building type, roofing type, antenna mounting height and downtilt differentials relation to how they handle certain wall and building types and other factors that it would be INSANE to create indoor coverage maps. Since the map would only be accurate for 1 person in 20, the other 19 will feel it is inaccurate.

No carrier can guarantee or suggest that indoor coverage will be available at any location. Not even the duopoly.

To be more accurate no carrier guarantees coverage anywhere, even where their coverage map shows coverage. The fine print that is accompanies every printed map has that disclaimer.

• Like 1

Sometimes if you look thru your city's planning/permit department you'll find indoor coverage maps for Sprint. Here's one for Merced, CA from this public file. Coverage in this 80,000+ population city is mainly provided by the two left towers.

https://snapr.pw/i/8cfa809265.png

Green = indoor, red = in-car, and blue = standing outside on a street.

• Like 1

Minneapolis and suburbs are updated. Spark coverage was added, still a bit optimistic, at best, but the "Good", "Fair", and dead zone areas where LTE doesn't get to very easily seem to be more accurate in my area. Also, the massive push for Duluth, MN's towers being NV Complete and Spark enabled has been reflected in the map.

• Like 2

Phoenix shows spark and LTE virtually everywhere. That's pretty far from reality, especially in the west half of the metro.

Yeah, Phoenix is one of the bad Spark coverage map markets. Hopefully they will revise it soon.

Yeah, Phoenix is one of the bad Spark coverage map markets. Hopefully they will revise it soon.

East valley is more conservatively illustrated.  I don't travel there often, so I'm not sure how realistic it is.  I do know that some areas shown as spark in my neck of the woods (west of L-101, north of I-10, east of L-303) are actually very weak 3G to almost exclusively 1x800.

Sometimes if you look thru your city's planning/permit department you'll find indoor coverage maps for Sprint. Here's one for Merced, CA from this public file. Coverage in this 80,000+ population city is mainly provided by the two left towers.

https://snapr.pw/i/8cfa809265.png

Green = indoor, red = in-car, and blue = standing outside on a street.

For all the reasons suggested above, estimating indoor coverage is probably an exercise in futility, but what I was getting at was providing a map that had more gradients/contours to better see the signal falloff.  You get a pretty good idea from looking at the map you linked to where your signal would be the strongest and weakest.

Haven't seen it offline this evening? Doesn't appear to have change any :/

I noticed it was back online when I was leaving work around 5 pm.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Good Evening,

I like to report that Spark has appeared in my area for the past 3 weeks or so and before then I didn't have it.  I've checked Sprint's map coverage but it shows no Spark at all just 4G LTE in a fair area.  I haven't seen or read any work being done here so not sure what the status is.

Can anyone check to see what's the current status is in regard to Spark deployment officially.  Location: Johnson County, TX 76009

Here is a pic of the speed test and sensorly report via imgur :wavey:

http://imgur.com/fkJ44YV,TRvXa69#1

Actually, I believe while Spark coverage is still exaggerated in the Cleveland market although more accurate now, B25 has been overcorrected in a lot of cases.

• Like 1