LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

It appears that you are required to have a PIN/Passcode due to a work email. Do you have a corporate email account on your device?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Do you use a VPN?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not that i have knowledge of...

I have absolutely no idea what happened

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Android Pay.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

These are the issues I've had with my G4.   It took about 2 months, about 8 trips to different Sprint stores, and lord knows how many hours trying to to fix it.   I FINALLY get a replacement, as they had to see it in person because my videos I showed them weren't good enough.

LG wanted $75 to 'fix' my phone.   It came broken when I bought it.   My replacement was finally 100x better than my original I bought, but it is SUPER slow.     I'm wondering if my new phone is effected by this hardware issue.      My wife's G4 is so much faster than mine, and she's had hers from the release date.

• Like 1

I have had touchscreen issues since day one of the device being released.  I wonder if I will be able to go into the a sprint store for an exchange or if I will have to deal with LG directly.

I had the reboot problem a few times since I gotten the zv6 update as well as the freezing about 15 to 20 seconds occasionally. The Corp store wasn't able to do the rebate. But the Third Party Sprint Store that does Tech work and stuff is replacing it under the recall. My new one will be in Thursday. 

• Like 2

What does the OEM unlock does.....

I haven't change anything but was looking around and found that on the developer options menu.....a528180e8c1d090c1999d9bdb6352937.jpg

What does the OEM unlock does.....

I haven't change anything but was looking around and found that on the developer options menu.....a528180e8c1d090c1999d9bdb6352937.jpg

OEM unlock let's you unlock the bootloader, which makes the device easy to root/mod.

Sent from my M8

• Like 1

OEM unlock let's you unlock the bootloader, which makes the device easy to root/mod.

Sent from my M8

LoL!!!

Ok!!! Now its done!!!!

So I confirmed the G4 recall is a real thing.  The manager I spoke to said they are taking them back blanketly, even though only certain batches of them are bad.  Anyways, it appears to be a standing offer that you can get either a new G4 when they arrive (who knows when), or a 64GB Galaxy S6.  He was under the impression that the replacement offer would be good down the road since it's a blanket recall, so the normal return window doesn't apply.

So I confirmed the G4 recall is a real thing.  The manager I spoke to said they are taking them back blanketly, even though only certain batches of them are bad.  Anyways, it appears to be a standing offer that you can get either a new G4 when they arrive (who knows when), or a 64GB Galaxy S6.  He was under the impression that the replacement offer would be good down the road since it's a blanket recall, so the normal return window doesn't apply.

Ya the tech said theres nothing wrong with the one I got but. I told him the issues come and go since I have gotten the last update to the phone. So they ordered me a new G4 to replace it and it should be in tomorrow. 

Ya the tech said theres nothing wrong with the one I got but. I told him the issues come and go since I have gotten the last update to the phone. So they ordered me a new G4 to replace it and it should be in tomorrow. 

Couple of questions. Do you have TEP? Did you buy your G4 from Sprint?

I bought mine from Best Buy, so trying to figure out if there is anything I should do. So far, I haven't had any issues at all with my phone, but just in case...

Couple of questions. Do you have TEP? Did you buy your G4 from Sprint?

I bought mine from Best Buy, so trying to figure out if there is anything I should do. So far, I haven't had any issues at all with my phone, but just in case...

Ya I bought mine at the Corporate Sprint Store in town and I always have TEP on my phones. But since its a blanket recall I dont think you have to replace it under the TEP. I got the replacement for free and suppose to be a free waive of the activation fee as well since its a recall. My guy I always go to at the Corp Store said the fee is suppose to be waived and if the Third Party Sprint Tech store dont waive it to go in and see him and he will waive it. 

• Like 1

Sent from my M8

Does this means that as easy as that... I can download a rom and install it?

Does this means that as easy as that... I can download a rom and install it?

Nope. Gotta install a custom recovery after oem unlocking. After that, should be good to flash a rom. I typically back up the stock rom before I flash anything.

Sent from my MotoG3

• Like 1

Thnx for the input....

BTW... Does all the oem bloating stuff can cause the phone to be as slow as a snail... And freez every now and then and is that "corrected" installing a more "clean" rom.. Etc etc etc

Thnx for the input....

BTW... Does all the oem bloating stuff can cause the phone to be as slow as a snail... And freez every now and then and is that "corrected" installing a more "clean" rom.. Etc etc etc

Not sure on the G4.  I rooted my HTC One M8, and removed over 40 applications.  It's running very smooth.  I'm not sure what's safe and what isn't safe to remove on the G4, if you rooted and debloated.  Maybe somebody has a list of things to try on XDA.

I'm a fan of AOSP-based ROMs (ie: CyanogenMod, or SlimROM.)  Mainly because they're pure android, with some neat tweaks.  They also take up a lot less space in both the system partition, and in RAM.

• Like 2

Just went to a Sprint corporate store about both of our phones having touch screen issues. The tech immediately asked for our info and ordered new ones for us to be shipped to our house. Painless process for us. Hopefully the new models have the problem fixed because I love this phone.

• Like 1

Just went to a Sprint corporate store about both of our phones having touch screen issues. The tech immediately asked for our info and ordered new ones for us to be shipped to our house. Painless process for us. Hopefully the new models have the problem fixed because I love this phone.

Was this an indirect dealer or a corporate repair center?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk