LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

I went to a corp store and they don't know anything about a recall, I can't find in statements from Sprint or LG about there being one, unless someone here has some proof, its just rumors...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Was it a repair center? I got bounced between 3 stores before I got the right one here in chicagoland.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I went to a corp store and they don't know anything about a recall, I can't find in statements from Sprint or LG about there being one, unless someone here has some proof, its just rumors...

It's definitely not just rumors. Not sure why you can't believe us, but there is a recall. Front line employees are not always the must informed. Keep pushing until you get someone who knows what is going on.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 5

Was it a repair center? I got bounced between 3 stores before I got the right one here in chicagoland.

Which one did you go to? I'm thinking about going to the one on devon and lincoln. 

I was asking the person who had luck with a corporate store!! I want to know which one is the good one to get it swapped.

It was the corporate store in Aurora. I'll have to dig up the phone number when I'm back in my office, but call any of the sprint stores and ask for the Aurora repair center and they'll get you the number.

First person I got on the phone confirmed the recall and gave me the offerer of a galaxy s6 or a replacement g4. He said there was no timetable on the return he knew about since it was a recall. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything sold before October 4th would be on the faulty hardware. I got mine in July, and haven't seen any of the reported issues, but it's possible you might have gotten a bad one.

Sent from my LG G4

I bought mine last week on 10/30 from a corporate store but the manufacture date on the bar code says 9/2015.  The box does have a white circle sticker on it which seals the top and bottom of the box together.  Am I good or not?

I bought mine last week on 10/30 from a corporate store but the manufacture date on the bar code says 9/2015.  The box does have a white circle sticker on it which seals the top and bottom of the box together.  Am I good or not?

Yes you should be fine. Inventory was swapped out beginning on the 5th, so I would imagine most of those devices were manufactured in September. Also, if it has the sticker, it means it was part of the replacement shipment.

• Like 1

Yes you should be fine. Inventory was swapped out beginning on the 5th, so I would imagine most of those devices were manufactured in September. Also, if it has the sticker, it means it was part of the replacement shipment.

I just read on another forum that you only have to be concerned if the device was made BEFORE September.  So looks like I dodged that but just barely.

• Like 1

I just read on another forum that you only have to be concerned if the device was made BEFORE September. So looks like I dodged that but just barely.

Any that were made before September should have been pulled from the shelves by the 5th.

Sent from my LG G4

I have my upgrade on the 30th of this month, and I've really been looking into getting this device. Is this a good choice? Anything I should know before purchasing this? Thanks.

• Like 1

I have my upgrade on the 30th of this month, and I've really been looking into getting this device. Is this a good choice? Anything I should know before purchasing this? Thanks.

I highly recommend this phone. It has everything you need and customizable. Just make sure you take advantage of the removable battery and get extra ones.

• Like 3

Best phone I have owned yet.  I also said that about the G3 until they ruined it with the lolipop update.  Hopefully that doesn't happen with the G4 marshmallow update.  My only complaint is the battery drains quickly but I expected that. 

• Like 2

I highly recommend this phone. It has everything you need and customizable. Just make sure you take advantage of the removable battery and get extra ones.

Best phone I have owned yet.  I also said that about the G3 until they ruined it with the lolipop update.  Hopefully that doesn't happen with the G4 marshmallow update.  My only complaint is the battery drains quickly but I expected that. 

Agree.

Great phone, good reception. LG has done a great job with their "G" line since the G2. I get decent battery life, generally at least 24 hours, but I am not a heavy user like many here since my job has me at a computer all day. Camera is awesome too. 

• Like 1

Agree.

Great phone, good reception. LG has done a great job with their "G" line since the G2. I get decent battery life, generally at least 24 hours, but I am not a heavy user like many here since my job has me at a computer all day. Camera is awesome too. 

Thank you all for your responses! I am really looking forward to this device, cause I really loved my G2.. Until I.. Uhh.. Dropped it off a rooftop.. :/ haha, but great to hear awesome reviews! Really excited for Tri-Band again and good battery life. I'm lucky if my Optimus G lasts me 5 hours. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very excited, as I should be receiving my G4 tomorrow! Thanks for all the feedback guys. 

By chance, does anyone know the Sprint G4 dialer codes?

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this morning on my account that there was a LG G4 $50 Credit. Anyone else receive anything like this on their account?

post-26551-0-35238500-1449840931_thumb.png

• Like 1

Noticed this morning on my account that there was a LG G4 $50 Credit. Anyone else receive anything like this on their account?

Not on mine, but then I have have nine more days on billing cycle.  Did you do the LG G4 recall or report any issues?

Not on mine, but then I have have nine more days on billing cycle.  Did you do the LG G4 recall or report any issues?

I did take advantage of the G4 Recall. Wonder if that is the reason I got it. 

• Like 1