LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

I'm thinking of picking up a G4 for the wife next week. How have y'alls held up thus far? I'm mainly worried about touch screen issues from my bit of browsing around the web.

I occasionally have touch screen issues  (buttons non responsive) but I never have an issue with scrolling up and down. Still on original firmware.

Same here, sometimes my screen doesn't respond when I touch it, also the notifications gets stuck when pulling down. Still like the phone a lot but it drives me crazy when that happens

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks that's the type of feedback I'm looking for.  How frequent of a thing is it for you?  

• Like 1

Thanks that's the type of feedback I'm looking for. How frequent of a thing is it for you?

I get that everyday.... A couple of times at least

Same here, sometimes my screen doesn't respond when I touch it, also the notifications gets stuck when pulling down. Still like the phone a lot but it drives me crazy when that happens

Have you gotten the latest update? Are you using a screen protector? I have never had this issue. Only problem I have is sometimes it doesn't detect my thumb when it's cold.

Sent from my LG G4

Have you gotten the latest update? Are you using a screen protector? I have never had this issue. Only problem I have is sometimes it doesn't detect my thumb when it's cold.

Sent from my LG G4

Nope no update here yet, that's he I've been eager to get it, to see if that will fix my problems [emoji1]

I did end up getting mine the other day. I did a factory reset as usual just to clear out any bug's and it seems to be running a lot smother then what it was. I def. like the new icons since they are the android version of the 3g and LTE.

How do i check for the update.....

Normally it will just prompt you, but to check manually, it's Settings>General>System Updates > Update LG software

Your device checks regularly, about once a day, for updates. If it hasn't promoted you to update, chances are your device had not been added to the update list yet. Every device should see the update by the end of this week.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

Is there a way to switch to LTE only?

No still the same options as before LTE/CDMA, CDMA, Global & GSM/UMTS

• Like 1

Which is best?

I keep mine on CDMA only because I'm in nTelos land and dont get 4g lte atm. If I did get 4g lte it would be on the LTE/CDMA

I think I screwed up. Once a month or so I usually clear the cache partition by rebooting to recovery. This morning was the morning that I did that. I noticed that I had the new system update notification but didn't realize that the cache is apparently where the update is stored. So when I cleared the cache I also lost the update. Now when I check for the update it does not show that an update is available. Have I lost this permanently somehow or will I just get back in line and be offered the update again at some point?

• Like 1