HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I just got a new or refurbished EVO from Sprint , after waiting 8 days due to a back order issue. The new devices screen want auto rotate and yes my settings are set correctly, is there anything I can do, other than waiting on another week for a new device?

If a hard reset won't fix it then the accelerometer is bad.

Note that Sense won't let you rotate the Launcher, but apps like chrome should rotate.

If a hard reset won't fix it then the accelerometer is bad.

Note that Sense won't let you rotate the Launcher, but apps like chrome should rotate.

Thanks, I will try a hard reset next. everything else works, so if a new device is needed I want have to forward all my call to my connect line and carry it around.

• 1 month later...

Has any one had issues with their EVO 4G LTE (stock) during NV upgrades?  I am trying to figure out if my phone is taking a crap or it is just not liking the upgrades that are going on at this time.  Currently in Omaha, NE we are getting 3G acceptances almost daily. My phone will no longer receive calls and texts are delayed anywhere from 7 to 29 hours.  I went to a basketball game in an area that has recently received the 3G upgrades and when my phone would connect to 1X800 voice I  would get my texts, and it was hit and miss on the calls.  But my phone can only be connected to 1X800 voice for this to work.  I tried to work in Digi's PRL to get it to 55016 from 25016, but to no avail.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Has any one had issues with their EVO 4G LTE (stock) during NV upgrades?  I am trying to figure out if my phone is taking a crap or it is just not liking the upgrades that are going on at this time.  Currently in Omaha, NE we are getting 3G acceptances almost daily. My phone will no longer receive calls and texts are delayed anywhere from 7 to 29 hours.  I went to a basketball game in an area that has recently received the 3G upgrades and when my phone would connect to 1X800 voice I  would get my texts, and it was hit and miss on the calls.  But my phone can only be connected to 1X800 voice for this to work.  I tried to work in Digi's PRL to get it to 55016 from 25016, but to no avail.  Thoughts?  Thanks!

I was missing calls b4 NV started. Since 3G updates have occurred though i have not been told of missed calls. At the same time this could have been due to Google Voice which i uninstalled after NV began in my area. 

Are this phone's LTE problems only with obtaining and maintaining a LTE signal or also in LTE performance? The other day I was nearby one of the towers facing the panels ~300 yards away with a -62 dBm RSRP signal and managed 17.06 down, 1.68 up with 126ms ping at about 5am. While these speeds are great for anything I would do on a handset, it just seems like it should have been better with such a strong signal. This was the best result, of the 5 tests I did the average was 12.19 down and 2.54 up and 105ms ping.

Are this phone's LTE problems only with obtaining and maintaining a LTE signal or also in LTE performance? The other day I was nearby one of the towers facing the panels ~300 yards away with a -62 dBm RSRP signal and managed 17.06 down, 1.68 up with 126ms ping at about 5am. While these speeds are great for anything I would do on a handset, it just seems like it should have been better with such a strong signal. This was the best result, of the 5 tests I did the average was 12.19 down and 2.54 up and 105ms ping.

My EVO LTE got better LTE performance than that. Those ping times very high; I would guess that something else is going on. When I had LTE, I never had an issue with its performance.

Of course, unless you're running a speed test, you're not really going to notice that 12mb is "slow"...

-Mike

Thanks. I'm starting to wonder if there is something up with my device itself. I wouldn't ever consider 12mbps slow, since I get by just fine with 1-2mbps on 3G all the time. I was just curious and had time to kill, I figured with such a good signal and direct line of sight I could pull some better results than that. Google Wallet's tap and pay NFC feature hasn't been working for me lately, I wonder if it's somehow related. I don't know if it's the app or NFC on the phone since I don't have any other devices with NFC to test it out. And completely unrelated, I love your app. It was the first paid app I ever purchased from the play store, even without trying the free version first.

• Like 1

I was missing calls b4 NV started. Since 3G updates have occurred though i have not been told of missed calls. At the same time this could have been due to Google Voice which i uninstalled after NV began in my area. 

I don't have Google Voice on my phone, but I am having the exact opposite effect.  I can text out and dial out, but nothing for incoming (even while at my house where I have an Airrave).

I don't have Google Voice on my phone, but I am having the exact opposite effect.  I can text out and dial out, but nothing for incoming (even while at my house where I have an Airrave).

Got it fixed!  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4067-evo-4g-lte-not-receiving-texts-or-calls/

"Called Sprint tonight, they had me dial that ##72786# but it did not prompt for the code. Did the reset and now works great again! Case closed. Thanks for the help guys!!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished testing out the HTC max for two weeks.... Phone is big but the screen and software is awesome! I'm hoping our phone improves when we get an update.... It's hard to come back to this phone and the keyboard now seems so small to me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I just replaced the battery on mine and am ready to wait it until the next batches of phones arrive. FYI the battery replacement was very easy.

I just replaced the battery on mine and am ready to wait it until the next batches of phones arrive. FYI the battery replacement was very easy.

I've been contemplating on change mine. I'm a heavy user and have only 1 bar in my job which has put a lot of stress on it. Off the charger at 7:30 and currently 10:06 and it sits at 79% running meanbean

Sent from Evo

I've been contemplating on change mine. I'm a heavy user and have only 1 bar in my job which has put a lot of stress on it. Off the charger at 7:30 and currently 10:06 and it sits at 79% running meanbean

Sent from Evo

I decided that I'm going to hold off on this batch of phones and after watching a couple tear down videos and I saw how simple it is I decided to pull the trigger. Only adhesive that I found is on the lower back cover and on the back of the battery. Neither seemed to be an issue with re-assembly. Else wise a pry tool, torx screwdriver, and tweezers got the job done.

I decided that I'm going to hold off on this batch of phones and after watching a couple tear down videos and I saw how simple it is I decided to pull the trigger. Only adhesive that I found is on the lower back cover and on the back of the battery. Neither seemed to be an issue with re-assembly. Else wise a pry tool, torx screwdriver, and tweezers got the job done.

Taking apart is no issue. Should of seen how quick I tore it apart when I spilt my coffee on it. Lucky nothing got inside.

Sent from Evo

• Like 1

They send it out to their repair facility and the repair facility will fix and return it, or send back a refurbished unit in it's place.  I've replaced mine 3 times so far.  Takes a couple of days, and they will normally charge you a $50 refundable fee if you need them to give you a replacement phone to use while repairs are being completed.

They send it out to their repair facility and the repair facility will fix and return it, or send back a refurbished unit in it's place.  I've replaced mine 3 times so far.  Takes a couple of days, and they will normally charge you a $50 refundable fee if you need them to give you a replacement phone to use while repairs are being completed.

Ugghhh. Ok, I guess that's not that bad since I need my phone for work.

Good news and bad news. Th bad news is I only have insurance on the wife's phone. The good news is my upgrade is on January 1 st. So, as much as a cracked screen absolutely drives me crazy, I am going to try and wait to see what HTC comes out with.

Well your going to be waiting until April then that's when htc normally gets there phones out to the masses.

Good news and bad news. Th bad news is I only have insurance on the wife's phone. The good news is my upgrade is on January 1 st. So, as much as a cracked screen absolutely drives me crazy, I am going to try and wait to see what HTC comes out with.

Well your going to be waiting until April then that's when htc normally gets there phones out to the masses.

After the requisite delays and lawsuits. Hopefully they can avoid all that this time. They almost have to as they cannot afford to release after Samsung.

• Like 1