Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

It has been kind of quiet on the text message front, are people still experiencing it? I haven't seen a fix yet, just wondering. I am still having the problem.

I have MMS issues often

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

I have MMS issues often

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm experiencing the MMS problem very often. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

I am experiencing that issue as well.  I have to admit, the text issue bothers me more, simply because I never know if I should trust that it sent or not.  Oh well, just wish there was more information from Sprint about it.  I spoke to tech support last week and that acted like it wasn't an issue...  Otherwise, the N6 is a monster.  Switched to the Franco Kernel last week and just logged 6hours 18 minute of voice time with almost 2 hours of SOT and still had 20% left!

I am experiencing that issue as well.  I have to admit, the text issue bothers me more, simply because I never know if I should trust that it sent or not.  Oh well, just wish there was more information from Sprint about it.  I spoke to tech support last week and that acted like it wasn't an issue...  Otherwise, the N6 is a monster.  Switched to the Franco Kernel last week and just logged 6hours 18 minute of voice time with almost 2 hours of SOT and still had 20% left!

Do you have the problem only when using or near to Clear sites? (Does it work at home, but not at work?)

Just got off the phone with one of the ticket support reps and he confirmed that sprint is aware of the texting issues for the nexus 6 in Samsung markets and that "a firmware update for the phone" is in the works that will address the problem

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just got off the phone with one of the ticket support reps and he confirmed that sprint is aware of the texting issues for the nexus 6 in Samsung markets and that "a firmware update for the phone" is in the works that will address the problem

Yes! So they finally acknowledge that it's an issue in Samsung markets.

I noticed that while out (not on wifi) last night, with a strong Sprint b41 signal, texting was much more reliable (I didn't have any get hung up, but I only sent maybe 5 total, so not a good sample size).

B26 though always still causes issues. B25 is hit and miss. And if you're on wifi, forget about it, it's going to hang regardless.

It's ironic, because I had very similar issues with texts on my single band Galaxy S4 while connected to 1x800 right after it was rolled out in the SF area (1x1900 worked fine on the same tower). I eventually modified my PRL to basically ignore 1x800 in the SF area until they got the problem fixed.

• Like 1

Do you have the problem only when using or near to Clear sites? (Does it work at home, but not at work?)

I don't sit on a clear site at work or home. It is affected in both locations. 3g works perfectly with no issue,however, that is not a fix. Glad to hear that they at least are acknowledging the issue now. I'll call tomorrow.

• Like 1

Sadly, I must say that the nexus 6 is a half a$$ed phone. No real diagnostics abilities like engineering screens to aid sprint in solving problems, issues with phone calls not coming through - even registering as a missed call in google voice, and a plethora of texting issues in a large part of the sprint network (Samsung markets). I love sprint and the nexus line and it saddens me to be so frustrated.

• Like 1

Sadly, I must say that the nexus 6 is a half a$$ed phone. No real diagnostics abilities like engineering screens to aid sprint in solving problems, issues with phone calls not coming through - even registering as a missed call in google voice, and a plethora of texting issues in a large part of the sprint network (Samsung markets). I love sprint and the nexus line and it saddens me to be so frustrated.

funny thing is it works flawless on the gsm networks. It doesn't get as good of battery life on Sprint as it does on At&t and T-Mobile. I get a average of 1 hour more battery life on GSM. Hopefully 5.1 fixes everything and breaks nothing but that's why a nexus is a nexus its a beta phone.
  • Like 1

funny thing is it works flawless on the gsm networks. It doesn't get as good of battery life on Sprint as it does on At&t and T-Mobile. I get a average of 1 hour more battery life on GSM. Hopefully 5.1 fixes everything and breaks nothing but that's why a nexus is a nexus its a beta phone.

Hate to be like this but technically it's the WCDMA side where it has better battery life. :)

Just to confirm, everyone has working NFC correct? I'm now on my second Nexus 6 trying to fix this. NFC disappears from the settings within 24 hours after a factory reset. It's as though the NFC chip simply isn't present anymore. The only way to get it back is to factory reset (safe mode doesn't work).

It seems to be tied to hands free activation, so I'm wondering if I just have a faulty SIM or something... I spoke with Google support and they're perplexed. I'm going to get a new SIM from Sprint now, factory reset for the 6th time, and hope it works...