Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

I will give anyone who figures out how to access service menus or gets Motorola to give access to service. Menus (provide some sort of proof) a $100.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sadly, I must say that the nexus 6 is a half a$$ed phone. No real diagnostics abilities like engineering screens to aid sprint in solving problems, issues with phone calls not coming through - even registering as a missed call in google voice, and a plethora of texting issues in a large part of the sprint network (Samsung markets). I love sprint and the nexus line and it saddens me to be so frustrated.

Engineering screens are coming with the next major update. I don't know how long that will be though.

• Like 4

Good to know. Its been a real pain trying to troubleshoot a tower problem with sprint without any engineering screens.

I have come the conclusion that the Nexus 6 battery life is wildly unstable. I could get 6 hours of on screen time one day and less than 3 hours the next with the use usage patterns. Some days google play services uses like 2% and other days its 15% percent. Other apps perform the same even when they are closed. There is definitely some battery bugs to work out. Project Volta is a fail
  • Like 1

Wifi devices have generally been beating the cellular devices to the punch in these 5.0.x builds.

Well see how quickly 5.1 makes its way to the countries (eg west) outside of the Android one footprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What do you think the odds are that 5.1 will add Sprint wifi calling? It seems very very likely that at least T-Mobile will get it in the update. But I don't know how different their wifi calling solution is from Sprint's.

I'm guessing Sprint's uses IMS in some way (to make the eventual VoVTE transition easier) with an ipsec tunnel that functions basically like an airave. Is that pretty standard?

What do you think the odds are that 5.1 will add Sprint wifi calling? It seems very very likely that at least T-Mobile will get it in the update. But I don't know how different their wifi calling solution is from Sprint's.

I'm guessing Sprint's uses IMS in some way (to make the eventual VoVTE transition easier) with an ipsec tunnel that functions basically like an airave. Is that pretty standard?

I put the odds at 0.01%.

The biggest thing for sprint is the return of the engineering screens.

Does anyone have the APK files for Debug or any hidden features? My Moto X upgraded to 5.0 and I can't access any Engineering Screens. I'd love to get that back if possible. And I think the Nexus 6 APK's could work on the Moto X.

Does anyone have the APK files for Debug or any hidden features? My Moto X upgraded to 5.0 and I can't access any Engineering Screens. I'd love to get that back if possible. And I think the Nexus 6 APK's could work on the Moto X.

If only the nexus 6 had engineering screens... Motorola seems to have unilaterally left them out for some reason.

I put the odds at 0.01%.

The biggest thing for sprint is the return of the engineering screens.

Do you have inside knowledge about the update? I saw someone else (maybe it was you?) mention it adding engineering screens. If so, is there anything else you can tell us about it?

• Like 1

Does anyone have the Motorola APK for the original Moto X?

If so please post here!

The APK is already posted in this thread.  But it does not work on the Nexus 6 running Lollipop.  It quite possibly is a Dalvik/ART incompatibility issue.

AJ

• Like 3

This experience just supports my axiom:  avoid handset firmware version updates.  One step forward is often accompanied by two steps back.

AJ

• Like 1

The APK is already posted in this thread.  But it does not work on the Nexus 6 running Lollipop.  It quite possibly is a Dalvik/ART incompatibility issue.

AJ

OK, found it.  It wont install.  Goes through all the prompts like it is going to, and then after it completes, it says "Did not install."  Bummer.  :(

nexus 6 32g in stock on play, no 64g at the moment

Hooray, the supply chain problems are solved.  At least temporarily.  For one storage size variant.  Three months later.  In February.

Maybe the Nexus 6 is so ridiculously large that each one has to be delivered by Caesarean section.

AJ

• Like 5

Just ordered for Sprint via best buy. 

$211 after tax, including 'expedited shipping' with a delivery targeted for 6 days from now. 

do any of yall know about this refer a friend gift promotion? I can't find any terms or to see if i even qualify. the agent on the phone guaranteed me i was getting it (a $100 gift card, sent out 14 days after i activate my phone).

TIA.