Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

they all com fedex air from hong kong

Yes, packages as small and light as those of handsets generally do not get stuck on the "slow boat (to) from China."

Think iPhone.  Just one cargo aircraft could carry several hundred thousand units across the Pacific.  And that would be worth several hundred million dollars at retail.  Not a bad shipping proposition.

AJ

Do you have inside knowledge about the update? I saw someone else (maybe it was you?) mention it adding engineering screens. If so, is there anything else you can tell us about it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

All I know for sure is that 5.1 should include engineering screens for Sprint. If I find out anything else I can share I will post.

• Like 2

So is everyone in Samsung markets having sms and missed calls? I really want this to be my next phone and I can upgrade March 1st but I really don't want to upgrade to a phone that's doesn't work as a phone. But I feel like I've already fallen in love with it. So it may not matter and I may just suck it up and get it anyway haha.

So is everyone in Samsung markets having sms and missed calls? I really want this to be my next phone and I can upgrade March 1st but I really don't want to upgrade to a phone that's doesn't work as a phone. But I feel like I've already fallen in love with it. So it may not matter and I may just suck it up and get it anyway haha.

I live in an Ericsson market and I have the same issues. This is a Nexus 6 issue, not a Sprint issue.

I live in an Ericsson market and I have the same issues. This is a Nexus 6 issue, not a Sprint issue.

Are they able to be dealt with til a fix comes out? I've had my eye on this thing since it launched but I don't wanna lose my phone as a phone. Haha

Are they able to be dealt with til a fix comes out? I've had my eye on this thing since it launched but I don't wanna lose my phone as a phone. Haha

For me, it's worse when the phone is connected to WiFi. So, I just leave my phone off Wi-Fi and it does OK. I hardly ever miss calls, and if people complain about getting multiple copies of my texts, I just flip the phone to 3G until I'm done. That always solves the problem. This is definitely something Google and Motorola can fix. It will most likely require changes to the radio firmware which will be included in a new update.

i am in a samsung market and don't have any call issues, but do have the sms issue.  there doesn't seem to be a problem receiving sms messages but if you are on B25/26 there is usually a delay sending.

i am in a samsung market and don't have any call issues, but do have the sms issue. there doesn't seem to be a problem receiving sms messages but if you are on B25/26 there is usually a delay sending.

And when there's a delay, there's a greater than 75% chance that your recipient is going to get between 2 and 8 copies if your text. :/

• Like 2

And when there's a delay, there's a greater than 75% chance that your recipient is going to get between 2 and 8 copies if your text. :/

Would u still recommend the nexus 6? I know I have 14 days to return if the issue is to much for m. But I just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Would u still recommend the nexus 6? I know I have 14 days to return if the issue is to much for m. But I just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Absolutely is recommend it. It's a great phone and the Sprint issues will get fixed soon. Honestly, if you have Wi-Fi most places that you go, just force the phone to 3G and you'll never encounter these issues with calls and texts. It's only a problem when connected to LTE.

Absolutely is recommend it. It's a great phone and the Sprint issues will get fixed soon. Honestly, if you have Wi-Fi most places that you go, just force the phone to 3G and you'll never encounter these issues with calls and texts. It's only a problem when connected to LTE.

Well that works for me especially since 3g around here is always above 1mb anyways but thanks. this is grea. And I'm really excited to upgrade my one max is having troubles charging. Which I know Sprint would fix but why take 2 trips when I have an upgrade March 1st haha.but thanks for the info :) one more does 1x actually show on this nexus? I know the nexus 5 on Sprint doesn't that's not make it or break it but that's really the only reason have have signal check. Haha

Anyone receive the 5.1 OTA update yet?

Well that works for me especially since 3g around here is always above 1mb anyways but thanks. this is grea. And I'm really excited to upgrade my one max is having troubles charging. Which I know Sprint would fix but why take 2 trips when I have an upgrade March 1st haha.but thanks for the info :) one more does 1x actually show on this nexus? I know the nexus 5 on Sprint doesn't that's not make it or break it but that's really the only reason have have signal check. Haha

Yes, it displays 1X when connected to 1X, as it should.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I still haven't had a text issue. Even traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras last weekend. I had a very few signal problems, but the wife's S4 and daughters G2 were having the same problems. 

Edited by guitardoc64

Sprint has 0 devices with voLTE right? Can't see them pioneering it on a subsequent release for the N6...

Also voWiFi?

I think he is speaking to wifi calling.

Thanks.