iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Has anyone actually confirmed that the Sprint iPhone 6/6+ is locked domestically yet? There's many reports out there that the TMobile unlocked iPhone 6 has the CDMA radios activated and if you plug in an active VZW sim it will work; Without digging back a few pages, I recall Nahum plugged his TMobile data only SIM with no success, but I'm just curious if anybody has tried putting an already active (with a phone & data plan) TMobile, AT&T or VZW SIM into a Sprint phone yet? If it works then the resale of the Sprint model would increase significantly.

Conversely, has anybody tried to plug a Sprint SIM into another carriers model? I'd be very curious to if another carriers phone is "whitelisted" on Sprint's database and if so to see if the band 41 radios are actually active or not...

Has anyone actually confirmed that the Sprint iPhone 6/6+ is locked domestically yet? There's many reports out there that the TMobile unlocked iPhone 6 has the CDMA radios activated and if you plug in an active VZW sim it will work; Without digging back a few pages, I recall Nahum plugged his TMobile data only SIM with no success, but I'm just curious if anybody has tried putting an already active (with a phone & data plan) TMobile, AT&T or VZW SIM into a Sprint phone yet? If it works then the resale of the Sprint model would increase significantly.

Conversely, has anybody tried to plug a Sprint SIM into another carriers model? I'd be very curious to if another carriers phone is "whitelisted" on Sprint's database and if so to see if the band 41 radios are actually active or not...

Unfortunately it's locked domestically. This was an active prepaid T-Mobile SIM inserted in a Sprint 6+.

Tmo SIM in Sprint 6+ is a no go. Same error as on the 5 and 5s.

1ed14b7c595477a8234006d941530d50.jpg

So far, I'm not too impressed with the battery on the 6. It seems about on par, or a little worse than the 5s. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I have a lemon.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412113968.329571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Well... Google maps is using a hefty amount . We all know how maps sucks the battery dry.

When did you get the phone?

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Well... Google maps is using a hefty amount . We all know how maps sucks the battery dry.

When did you get the phone?

That was about 45 minutes of navigation with the screen on. I got the phone about a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone 6

That was about 45 minutes of navigation with the screen on. I got the phone about a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Hmmmmm....Interesting. Well I have been having variable battery life. From amazing, to like what you're experiencing. This always happens with a new iOS....For some reason it effects phones differently, and I have no idea why. I just want all of these stupid bugs to be worked out already. I wish the 6 would've come with 7.1.2

Just wondering but will Sprint now send you a tracking number when they ship your phone or like during the pre order madness the phone will magically appear one day? Even though I ordered this Sunday afternoon I would like to know if I should expect a tracking number or let the Apple gods decide when I get my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just wondering but will Sprint now send you a tracking number when they ship your phone or like during the pre order madness the phone will magically appear one day? Even though I ordered this Sunday afternoon I would like to know if I should expect a tracking number or let the Apple gods decide when I get my phone.

My friend ordered a couple days before launch, and he received a tracking number yesterday, and it's expected to arrive tomorrow (UPS 2-Day Air). So you'll probably get a tracking number when it ships.

My friend ordered a couple days before launch, and he received a tracking number yesterday, and it's expected to arrive tomorrow (UPS 2-Day Air). So you'll probably get a tracking number when it ships.

Thanks and hopefully the 2-4 week timeline isn't true and it's just Sprint attempting to save themselves from angry hordes of people yelling at CS on the phone and people attempting to burn down Sprint stores…

Thanks and hopefully the 2-4 week timeline isn't true and it's just Sprint attempting to save themselves from angry hordes of people yelling at CS on the phone and people attempting to burn down Sprint stores…

He was told mid-October for his phone, this is quite a bit earlier. :)

So far, I'm not too impressed with the battery on the 6. It seems about on par, or a little worse than the 5s. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I have a lemon.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412113968.329571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

I have had nothing but great battery life with this phone. Easily beats both my old N5 and G2. My battery life today is below:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412117559.203748.jpg

• Like 1

Having a decent signal helps too.... If you have a bad data signal, this data hungry monster is going to drain the battery quick.

My screenshot above is with me at work today where I don't get that good of a signal (Barely hangs on to LTE. Sometimes knocks down to 3G depending on the room). I am lucky though in that at my house I have a fantastic signal.

Having a decent signal helps too.... If you have a bad data signal, this data hungry monster is going to drain the battery quick.

I'm in Puerto Rico on my honeymoon. Signal where I am is crap, but LTE in the others places we've been traveling to. I'm on WiFi now with cellular data turned off. I only had it 3 days in Chicago before I left. Maybe the bad signal is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm in Puerto Rico on my honeymoon. Signal where I am is crap, but LTE in the others places we've been traveling to. I'm on WiFi now with cellular data turned off. I only had it 3 days in Chicago before I left. Maybe the bad signal is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone 6

PR! Awesome! Last time I was there I had a 4s and the service was usable. Try switching over to 3G, maybe it'll be a little faster!

Enjoy the honeymoon! I have got to go back again. Eat some Mofongo at the restaurant called Raices if you get the chance. Very good.

Enjoy the time!

• Like 2

My battery life is pretty variable on my 6+. If I do anything graphics intensive it drains, as expected, and since I haven't even had it a week i pretty much can't put it down, haha (right now it's on the charger).

However, with my 5 on a day like today when I have class, it would be dead without an external battery around 3pm (I record lectures during one class and I watch Netflix in the gym), but today when I got home around 4 or so it had 68% battery. I call that a success. (Of course, when I got home I promptly killed it playing games, hahahahaha. Still got 8 hours with 18% left when I plugged it in).

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My battery life is pretty variable on my 6+. If I do anything graphics intensive it drains, as expected, and since I haven't even had it a week i pretty much can't put it down, haha (right now it's on the charger).

However, with my 5 on a day like today when I have class, it would be dead without an external battery around 3pm (I record lectures during one class and I watch Netflix in the gym), but today when I got home around 4 or so it had 68% battery. I call that a success. (Of course, when I got home I promptly killed it playing games, hahahahaha. Still got 8 hours with 18% left when I plugged it in).

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

What storage do you have?