iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

He made another video of him bending the 6+ to prove it wasn't a fake.

I don't see why this is such a big problem. When you bend an object... it bends. And if it's a metal, it doesn't return to it's original form. Is this not common knowledge?!
  • Like 7

You have to wonder if he's heating the phone up to epic proportions ahead of time to weaken the structural integrity, thereby making it easier to bend for his videos.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

You have to wonder if he's heating the phone up to epic proportions ahead of time to weaken the structural integrity, thereby making it easier to bend for his videos.

Even if he is who cares. I don't ever heat my phone and then bend it. I don't ever sit on my phone or put it in any weird positions so I doubt I'm going to have issues with mine bending. And if I do Apple will replace it for me or I'll pay for my replacement using Applecare. Problem solved for me. No need to stress over it how most people have.
  • Like 4

He's milking the fame. Samsung and other competitors probably paid him to do this.

The phone is fine. Here.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 5

The people who bent the phones- had put the phones into the change pocket which sits at the top inside of the right pocket typically. This is very dumb anyways. It's right at the bend when you sit. I did this a few times with my 5c - which I knew could nearly be run over. I'll probably get the otter box defender myself because I drop my phone too much.

• Like 3

Just for the iPhone guys.

Whenever you connect to band 41 check out the plmnid and the number of TX antennas.

Old clear equipment will broadcast 2x2 Mimo on 311-490/870 while sprint will broadcast 4x2 mimo on 310-120 which means the number of TX antennas that'll show on your engineering screen will be 4.

That'll be the easiest way to identify if you're connected to the new 2.5 Equipment for the iPhone ppl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip - this'll make confirming towers that much easier for us iPhone guys.

Here is the Clear B41 site by my house. The Tx Antenna # is 2:

ac0d95b081d7bcc9d1712ff64d789550.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with the iPhone 6 and 1x800? Will it switch to 1x800 easier than previous models? I ask because my wife has an iPhone 5 and she works in a concrete building. With her 5 she doesn't get reliable signal on 1900 and so calls and texts won't go through. But there is just enough signal where it won't switch over to 1x800.

I tested at her work with my phone on 1x800 and it worked just fine so if she could get 1x800 she wouldn't have any issues.

So if she upgraded to a 6 would it work better on 1x800 than the 5 does? Thanks!

Just for the iPhone guys.

Whenever you connect to band 41 check out the plmnid and the number of TX antennas.

Old clear equipment will broadcast 2x2 Mimo on 311-490/870 while sprint will broadcast 4x2 mimo on 310-120 which means the number of TX antennas that'll show on your engineering screen will be 4.

That'll be the easiest way to identify if you're connected to the new 2.5 Equipment for the iPhone ppl.

What if I'm on band 41 and that field is blank? My down/up bandwidth are both 20 MHz.

What if I'm on band 41 and that field is blank? My down/up bandwidth are both 20 MHz.

iPhone Field Test is very cranky and sometime you have to close it and open it back up 1 or more times to finally get the fields to populate.

• Like 1

iPhone Field Test is very cranky and sometime you have to close it and open it back up 1 or more times to finally get the fields to populate.

It also gets stuck every now and then. I've seen "band 41, downlink: 8315 uplink: 26665." More than my 5s ever did.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Has anyone had any experience with the iPhone 6 and 1x800? Will it switch to 1x800 easier than previous models? I ask because my wife has an iPhone 5 and she works in a concrete building. With her 5 she doesn't get reliable signal on 1900 and so calls and texts won't go through. But there is just enough signal where it won't switch over to 1x800.

I tested at her work with my phone on 1x800 and it worked just fine so if she could get 1x800 she wouldn't have any issues.

So if she upgraded to a 6 would it work better on 1x800 than the 5 does? Thanks!

From my experience no, my iPhone 6 was refusing to connect to 1x800 with even the slightest hint of PCS just like in previous iPhones. It'd be nice if Sprint/Apple finally fixed this!

From my experience no, my iPhone 6 was refusing to connect to 1x800 with even the slightest hint of PCS just like in previous iPhones. It'd be nice if Sprint/Apple finally fixed this!

My educated guess is that the single RF path but lack of e/CSFB plays a significant role in the CDMA2000 band switching issue.  And that may explain why the iPhone receives separate PRLs.  If so, it is an Apple issue, not a Sprint issue.

AJ

• Like 2

My educated guess is that the single RF path but lack of e/CSFB plays a significant role in the CDMA2000 band switching issue. And that may explain why the iPhone receives separate PRLs. If so, it is an Apple issue, not a Sprint issue.

AJ

Has the lack of eCSFB been confirmed yet? One thing I've noticed is that with my previous iPhones it would take anywhere between 1.5 - 2 rings on the callers end for my phone to start ringing and with the iPhone 6 it starts ringing at the end of the first ring heard on the callers end. My nexus 5 with eCSFB starts ringing within the first ring heard on the callers end too.

Picked up a tech 21 classic check case today for my 6. Really happy so far. Minimal bulk added but I feel it gives good protection and adds grip. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly recommend their cases. I used that on my iPhone 5s when I had it. It held the phone great, and I could easily remove it if I wanted it to go naked for the day. I usually would only install it when going to the gym and then take it back off when I got home. 

Great cases. Extremely durable.

Has the lack of eCSFB been confirmed yet?

No.  But we will presume the status quo ante unless/until irrefutable evidence arises to the contrary.

AJ

• Like 2

The 1Gb of ram is plenty.. You gotta keep in mind your Android devices are running an operating system double the size of iOS 8. That's 4 GB versus 8gb in android. This is why they developed the kit kat version so they could run a leaner android better on devices with less ram while keeping the device running smoother. Kit Kat is still around 7 Gb in size.. This is why the Android Flag ship phones require more ram. I ran a Galaxy S4 against the 5s last year. The S4 has higher specs overall in areas like ram ( not the cpu of which the Apple A7 is very strong ). But the iphone was more reponsive and slowed down less when opening many programs the OS never hiccuped.. People try and compare specs but it's like comparing a pc running windows xp versus one running windows 7.. The computer running windows xp runs as fast -or faster- although it has 1/3 the ram and a slower cpu. Basically engineers use the hardware they require to push the software they are using on any given device. Bigger OS requires more ram and cpu to run as smoothly as a device running a much smaller operating system. Pls check out this iPhone 5s reviews which shows performance compared to top end Android phones: ( you can switch to next page of review at bottom of screen )

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

No, bloatware infested skins the individual manufacturers pack in android are that large. 4.4.4 is about 3.5GB installed on its own and runs just fine on lesser hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk