Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not that we’ve seen yet. 

Ok so as of now the whole Sprint over taking AT&T in download speed can be takin with a grain of salt to some extend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it not a software/firmware update on the existing 8T8R equipment?
It is. Several Nokia / Ericsson land markets have all three active. Software is not finalized and ready for widespread push yet though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

It is. Several Nokia / Ericsson land markets have all three active. Software is not finalized and ready for widespread push yet though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Any idea when 256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO may be deployed nationwide?

8 hours ago, derrph said:

Ok so as of now the whole Sprint over taking AT&T in download speed can be takin with a grain of salt to some extend.

Nope because the news came from Milan Milanovic who, as far as I know, actually works for Ookla. Sprint's average speed climbed to 23.9 Mbps from 14.5Mbps last November.

Nope because the news came from Milan Milanovic who, as far as I know, actually works for Ookla. Sprint's average speed climbed to 23.9 Mbps from 14.5Mbps last November.

Ok I see. I just searched him on twitter and found this in the mentions
13df62c046087bbcf56861c7e95f593e.jpg

46 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Do you think Sprint will Sprint ahead once they turn on 4x4 mimo & 256qam?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

Do you think Sprint will Sprint ahead once they turn on 4x4 mimo & 256qam?  

256QAM made a huge difference in speed for T-Mobile when they activated it. I believe the same will occur for Sprint if they can implement. We have a commitment of early next year. I hope Sprint meets this... It will be awesome. I know it doesn't make much of a difference with Band41 (it will for Band 26 and 25). It will make some (more) difference even on 41 with a HPUE device. 

Milan doesn't work for Ookla. He's just a TMobile schill. 

Remember his Intel vs Qualcomm iPhone modem articles? He conveniently forgets to mention how he's sponsored by Qualcomm and has a working relationship with them.

People shouldn't take him seriously, unless he's quoting crowd-sourced data. His "laboratory" tests mean nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WiseGuy321 said:

Milan doesn't work for Ookla. He's just a TMobile schill. 

Remember his Intel vs Qualcomm iPhone modem articles? He conveniently forgets to mention how he's sponsored by Qualcomm and has a working relationship with them.

People shouldn't take him seriously, unless he's quoting crowd-sourced data. His "laboratory" tests mean nothing.

Actually he does indeed work for ookla..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcmag.com/news/356437/exclusive-iphone-8-scores-top-marks-in-lte-speed-tests-sof%3famp=1

Quote from article..

"We took a look inside the Qualcomm iPhone with the help of Ookla's Milan Milanovic. (Note: Ookla is owned by Ziff Davis, PCMag.com's parent company.) Milanovic has a key piece of equipment we don't have in-house, provided by Rohde & Schwarz."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocketr said:

256QAM made a huge difference in speed for T-Mobile when they activated it. I believe the same will occur for Sprint if they can implement. We have a commitment of early next year. I hope Sprint meets this... It will be awesome. I know it doesn't make much of a difference with Band41 (it will for Band 26 and 25). It will make some (more) difference even on 41 with a HPUE device. 

How much gear is capable of even doing that for B25/26?

I think Sprint has been moving a long great with B41, but not giving any love to their other bands.  Being able able to utilize additional LTE technology and have increased power output would go pretty far for B25/26 when one isn't on B41.  Especially spectrum starved B25 areas and high capacity sites.

1 hour ago, WiseGuy321 said:

Milan doesn't work for Ookla. He's just a TMobile schill. Remember his Intel vs Qualcomm iPhone modem articles? He conveniently forgets to mention how he's sponsored by Qualcomm and has a working relationship with them. People shouldn't take him seriously, unless he's quoting crowd-sourced data. His "laboratory" tests mean nothing.

He is a T-Mobile schill but he in fact does work for Ookla and receives information that carriers typically have to pay for. He has authored or co-authored at least 5 articles for them.

3sidbb7.png

He is a T-Mobile schill but he in fact does work for Ookla and receives information that carriers typically have to pay for. He has authored or co-authored at least 5 articles for them.
3sidbb7.png

Interesting! Guess he finally got hired!

He typically spends his time trying to drive traffic to his Cellular Insights blog...

2 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Well in the end 3g, 4g, LTE, mimo, 5g it doesn’t really matter!!!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and New Years! Oh and a safe one!

Just my darn luck, I'm on the Santa run tonight  be back in Virginia in the morning. 

• Like 1

Now I know how t-mobile is getting into TV, by way of a cable company layer 3, they aren't in all areas though. 

No - if they want local programming. It’s extremely difficult. As not all local channels are owned and operated by the network.

And I assume TMO will need to beef up it’s network too.

Sascha Segan is highlighting some Sprint improvements in NYC:

https://twitter.com/saschasegan/status/945682340105289729

https://twitter.com/saschasegan/status/945688172943593473

https://twitter.com/saschasegan/status/945746289827950592

So nice to see this happening. Bring the network love to DC!

• Like 7