Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I wonder how aggressively Sprint plans to swap out the Clearwire equipment as part of its CapEx surge. DC’s downtown core could really benefit from Massive MIMO. I’ll have to check out the Macy’s too!
Good find. I’ll keep an eye on that page too.
Sprint has really thrown down the gauntlet for this year’s “Big Game” in Minneapolis: http://newsroom.sprint.com/network-big-game.htm
......and those upgrades are permanent!
The preparation for the Presidential Inauguration in January 2017 seems like it was the last large scale CapEx surge for DC: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprints-dc-network-ready-to-support-great-american-tradition-presidential-inauguration.htm
Here’s how Sprint prepared for the Pope to visit DC (and elsewhere) before that: http://newsroom.sprint.com/preparing-for-pope-francis.htm
And here’s the after-action report: http://newsroom.sprint.com/capturing-and-sharing-the-pope-francis-visit.htm
Perhaps we need a “Big Game” in DC! [emoji3]
The twin cities area isn't bad. I life here so I would know. There's around a Dozen or so Clearwire sites here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

V30+ review with Sprint model

Pretty good review but more so the positive things said about Sprint service in Manhattan. Granted, these are the same results that were posted on twitter last week. We just need to see more of these type of reviews on devices when using a Sprint model in 2018.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JThorson said:

I wonder even with all the upgrades if they will still have COW's; though it doesn't sound like they need it.

That’s a good question. No mention of COW’s in the article at all.

I hope Sprint continues to devote this level of CapEx to each “Big Game” City market going forward.

https://twitter.com/SprintCTO/status/948586846044524544

Dr. Saw is speaking at Citi’s 2018 Global TMT West Conference in Las Vegas, NV on Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018 at 2:45 PM ET.

A livestream/replay will be available and I’m sure SeekingAlpha will have a transcript as well.

• Like 4

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20180103/business/softbank-continues-to-buy-up-sprint-stock-tag17

SoftBank has been picking up more Sprint stock. It’s at 84.1% ownership now. Max is 85%, at which point it’s required to buy the rest of Sprint’s stock.

So let me ask a big question... the elephant in the room so to speak. I’ve been considering hopping on the free year promo, and i’ve Been doing some research on reddit, here and on slickdeals and one thing that has jumped at me is that it seems like Sprint’s customer service has gone down the toilet and is now mostly out of the country. Is this the case or are people mostly exaggerating their Sprint CS horror stories? 

I'd say this...

I don't need customer support. If my phone works and doesn't have issues then I'll never have a reason to call. If they're giving away a free year of service what have you got to lose? Once you get it set up and everything (the whole free year you set it all up online or call the number in the slick deals thread) you're set up and done.

Forget the bill for a while and ride the wave. I'd expecting this promo won't continue much longer based on things I've heard mentioned (don't have a source handy) but I seem to recall them saying the rates will have to go up a bit in the next year (2018) so that's now.

If you're the type of user who (for whatever reason) needs to talk to someone. then the customer support being bad (which again I can't say if it's good or bad from my zero experience) might be a deal breaker for you. So then I'd say pass.

but if the coverage in your area is good and the speeds good enough for you then what do you have to lose?

Just my 2 cents through.

-J

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

So let me ask a big question... the elephant in the room so to speak. I’ve been considering hopping on the free year promo, and i’ve Been doing some research on reddit, here and on slickdeals and one thing that has jumped at me is that it seems like Sprint’s customer service has gone down the toilet and is now mostly out of the country. Is this the case or are people mostly exaggerating their Sprint CS horror stories? 

I think people truly overestimate what CS (from any carrier) should be able to handle. But I find that using online Chat CS has worked well for me. I do believe Sprint is in transition of fully embracing online/automated based CS, but I think it's a bit too soon for quite a bit of folks. 

Sprint does have an image problem, some of it deserved, most are not. So I'd take 85% of the comments as bandwagon haters. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

I had to call Sprint CS recently for a billing issue (which I eventually got resolved, at asking to speak to a manager).  When speaking with both representatives, I had the impression that they were both out of country.

• Like 1

I had to call Sprint CS recently for a billing issue (which I eventually got resolved, at asking to speak to a manager).  When speaking with both representatives, I had the impression that they were both out of country.
I use Boost and have had CS nightmares. I got charged twice for the same month. When I called the representative said I wasn't charged twice and, I could tell he wanted to get my off the phone. He had a bad attitude. I got the issue fixed but, with a different employee.

Tarek Robbiati was pretty instrumental in helping Sprint cut cost creatively. Wouldnt have been a bad thing if he had stuck around for a bit longer. Hopefully, his influence on cost efficiency lingers long after his departure. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Good or bad?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned in the news release:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-names-accomplished-telecom-and-cable-industry-executive-michel-combes-as-president-chief-financial-officer.htm

Makes sense given Sprint’s deal with Altice (Background: http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-altice-usa-announce-strategic-mvno-agreement.htm)

Most recently, he served as CEO, and previously Chief Operating Officer, of Altice N.V., a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment, and advertising, and chairman and CEO onf SFR Group, a leading French telecommunications and media company. During his tenure he led the company through the integration of newly acquired U.S. businesses, developed significant partnerships and media rights to bring exciting and in-demand content to its customers.

So let me get this straight, Robbiati was instrumental in helping Sprint cut cost and he is to be replaced by Combes who resigned at Altice because that company was losing a lot of customers. Things that make you go hmmmm.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, twospirits said:

So let me get this straight, Robbiati was instrumental in helping Sprint cut cost and he is to be replaced by Combes who resigned at Altice because that company was losing a lot of customers. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Yeah. Tarek really brought things under control.

This could have been part of the Altice Deal all along. When Tarek was speaking about it at those investor events last year, I’ll bet he knew at the time that he would be replaced in the new year by this person.

3 minutes ago, twospirits said:

Cable companies are so stuck on finding ways to force you to stick with them, instead of creatively enhancing the user experience and making themselves indispensable to the customer base, things will continue to spiral downward. Until that day comes (probably no time soon) they will continue to bleed customers. 

11 minutes ago, twospirits said:

His departure from Altice was also tied to the heavy debt they took on during his acquisition spree, but another thing he accomplished was 'stabilizing' ALU before selling it to Nokia. That is a bit more worrisome for me.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, grapkoski said:

His departure from Altice was also tied to the heavy debt they took on during his acquisition spree, but another thing he accomplished was 'stabilizing' ALU before selling it to Nokia. That is a bit more worrisome for me.

Hmmm this guy doesn't sound like too much of a winner.  The stock is down to $5.57 from the news. 

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I use Boost and have had CS nightmares. I got charged twice for the same month. When I called the representative said I wasn't charged twice and, I could tell he wanted to get my off the phone. He had a bad attitude. I got the issue fixed but, with a different employee.

Any prepaid is going to have terrible customer service. You arent going to get the savings over post paid and not pay for it somewhere.  The carriers cut customer service to the bone on their prepaid brands. 

19 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

I use the chat option on the sprint web site if i ever have a question/issue, which is basically never. i have had a great experience with it.

I would also like to add, I've been with Sprint since 1997.

• Like 3

Yup, it's 2018 people. Calling CS is pretty much asking to speak to someone abroad. I have had to speak to Amazon chat about 4 times in the past year and with any issue ranging from billing and refunds to simply not receiving my package and getting a replacement package, the online chat solved it in 5 minutes.

My dad insists on calling customer service when he has an issue but is always the first person to complain that he can't understand the person on the other end. Beyond accents, voices over the phone aren't that clear sometimes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, derrph said:

Hmmm this guy doesn't sound like too much of a winner.  The stock is down to $5.57 from the news. 

Here’s FW’s take on him: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-s-claure-replaces-cfo-former-altice-exec-michel-combes

• Like 1