Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Sprint has announced their Black Friday deals. If you really want the HTC bolt, it's 50% off on the 24th & 25th.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/sprint-offers-something-for-everyone-on-your-holiday-list.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

As Claure himself said in the quote I referenced before, It will be a media player that will be tied up with Sprint. I tend to favor the Cable Cos but I could also see a Dish tie-up. You get the traditional pay TV crowd but then you can also get the millennials that do everything on their phones. Dish has some interesting AWS-3, band 66 spectrum that can be used/traded for some PCS spectrum or sold outright. I am a firm believer in midband spectrum and Sprint is somewhat lacking in that regard. The cable cos although lacking in spectrum have the media licenses, the cash flow and the backhaul/fronthaul to guarantee a great network. 

I think there will be some interesting developments in the next year. I would not be surprised if there is a T-Mobile/Dish and a Cable Cos/Sprint tie up or vice versa.

I also believe that there will be some kinda of deal to repatriate cash from Apple/Microsoft and other multinationals back to the US as long as it's invested in this country. That's a lot of cash and it has to go somewhere.

Edited by bigsnake49

Sprint has announced their Black Friday deals. If you really want the HTC bolt, it's 50% off on the 24th & 25th.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/sprint-offers-something-for-everyone-on-your-holiday-list.htm

Any idea if this will be offered as installment billing credits over 24 months, or just a flat price cut like they have done in the past?

Any idea if this will be offered as installment billing credits over 24 months, or just a flat price cut like they have done in the past?

Unknown. It doesn't say in the fine print. I would hope that it would just be 50% off. I know the LG G5 deal is a flat 50% off right now for new lines.

• Like 1

If Dtv now is a huge success Tmo or sprint will be bought by Comcast. If the dtv/tw deal is approved dtv will be more than a few steps ahead.

They can offer exclusive content on Dtv now, they also have NFL ticket, smh they have the potential to make some serious moves.

They have iPads $500 off right now.

If you buy the $35, now $40 3GB tablet data plan. And the credit comes to right around $530 over 24 months.

Personally I'm lookin for the best deal on ipad mini 4 with 32/64gig and the unlimited tablet plan.

Ya and I don't think they are offering any deals on the tablets if you select the unlimited tablet plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would super interesting to see a T-Mobile-Sprint merger and see if any comes from it

TMobile parent company wants 50 billion dollars for a merger. The network has to be GSM Only no CDMA. Also not intrested in band 41 as they claim it doesnt meat FCC 5G standards.

Is that new news about band 41?

Never heard of that coming from Tmo before.

Is there a 5g standard that says band 41 doesn't work?

Also that sounds as if Tmo was buying sprint why the hell would Tmo care as long as they got their asking price?? Now if Tmo was buying sprint I could see them saying they didn't care about band 41 and would switch us to gsm.....

But once everything goes LTE who cares about gsm or cdma??

Is that new news about band 41?

Never heard of that coming from Tmo before.

Is there a 5g standard that says band 41 doesn't work?

Also that sounds as if Tmo was buying sprint why the hell would Tmo care as long as they got their asking price?? Now if Tmo was buying sprint I could see them saying they didn't care about band 41 and would switch us to gsm.....

But once everything goes LTE who cares about gsm or cdma??

It's cause of B41 little reach. It is not good for coverage. You need low band spectrum for that.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Ya, idk about that ether. I would need an article of a credible source to belive it. There 2.5 spectrum is ideal for 5G

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't really see how when it isn't good for coverage. 5G isn't any good without vzw like coverage.

Small cells is the solution

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I know and agree. Small cells don't work everywhere. Like roaming areas.

I know and agree. Small cells don't work everywhere. Like roaming areas.

This may help. http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/gilats-satellite-based-cellular-backhaul-solution-selected-by-sprint-to-extend-lte-services-to-20161026-00142

It's cause of B41 little reach. It is not good for coverage. You need low band spectrum for that.

My understanding is that 5g is mainly going to use higher frequency spectrum that 2.5.

My understanding is that 5g is mainly going to use higher frequency spectrum that 2.5.

That was my understanding also.  That is why Tmo, AT&T, Vzw have been testing "5G" in frequencies higher than 2.5Ghz.