Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And there are still more major markets yet to be tested, like Chicago, Las Vegas, and Indianapolis. Really excited to see those results.

Um, people seem to keep forgetting the Detroit Market!

And here we are today. Another market where sprint has the fastest LTE (since Trollgentas like measuring e-penis), something of which Sprint has struggled for so long. The ship is righting itself people and it's just going to keep happening in market after market after market. The usuals can keep spewing their nonsense and saying that Sprint has not improved anywhere, but as they often like to say, here is the evidence that they are wrong. I wonder if they will be able to accept that fact. 

No.  Everybody knows that Cincinnati Bell Wireless' presence has long "cockblocked" T-Mobile on spectrum in Dayton.  Otherwise, T-Mobile would be #1 super happy nifty shit -- just like it is everywhere else.  Additionally, excuses apply to T-Mobile but not to Sprint.

AJ

• Like 8

Um, people seem to keep forgetting the Detroit Market!

That may be intentional.  For various reasons, many would prefer to forget Detroit.

AJ

• Like 4

When it wains....meaning when the number of customers starts doing the same thing that verizon's sheer number of customers is doing to it's network...causing to to be total crap in many areas. And it's inevitable.

Nobody was talking about rain, as in water falling from the sky..

He spelled it wrong, as he meant "wanes"...but it's an intransitive verb...

Full Definition of WANE

intransitive verb

:  to decrease in size, extent, or degree :  dwindle: as

a :  to diminish in phase or intensity —used chiefly of the moon, other satellites, and inferior planets

b :  to become less brilliant or powerful :  dim

c :  to flow out :  ebb

to fall gradually from power, prosperity, or influence

Thanks buddy, that's exactly what I was trying to say, just spelling it wrong.

Contrary to popular Magenta belief, T-Mobile is not in the charity business, nor are they out for the customer's best interests. They offer a compelling product at a great price point for a percentage of their prospective customers. Right now they are riding this wave of growth and popularity, but what will they do when it wains?

When it wains....

When it wains, it wours.

And stop making fun of my lisp, otay?

Wookin_pa_nub.gif

AJ

• Like 1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/2015/04/23/samsung-and-sprint-try-harder-with-galaxy-s6-and-improved-network/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

Unbiased review about galaxy 6 running on the Sprint Network (San Francisco). Things are changing dramatically, and only the magentrolls are stuck in the past.

• Like 6

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/2015/04/23/samsung-and-sprint-try-harder-with-galaxy-s6-and-improved-network/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

Unbiased review about galaxy 6 running on the Sprint Network (San Francisco). Things are changing dramatically, and only the magentrolls are stuck in the past.

Doesn't surprise me considering they stole basically all the manpower and equipment deliveries from the surrounding markets for the past half a year. :(

Ive entirely stopped commenting there because I was tired of them.

That site is over run by trolls.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I hate to beat a dead horse, but yeah. That site's comments is just anarchy. The combination of total lack of moderating and trolls running freely thinking they own the place and posting the most obscene personal attacks is just... bleh. I don't even bothering checking the site for news either, as now it seems their authors seem to be spinning for T-Mobile.

I propose they redecorate the site (and its already butt-ugly UI) with magenta instead. I guess Tmonews needed competition, I dunno. 

4. In every year of testing before this, Sprint has had 0. This is actually great comparatively.

Another thought I've had is outside of the metro markets. Not only are there still more markets to be unveiled, but unlike downTown urban Mobile: Sprint is making a lot of these noticeable improvements in suburbs, commuter towns, and highways throughout states.

I can't wait to see reports for states for both the first and second halfs of the year, because that will also show another light of Sprint improvements. 

Doesn't surprise me considering they stole basically all the manpower and equipment deliveries from the surrounding markets for the past half a year. :(

So is the Sacramento area suffering from the concentrated attention to the Bay area? I am in Folsom quite often for work.

Edited by bigsnake49

Sprint really needs to get the ball rolling on B26, if people could see that they have LTE pretty much everywhere it would change their perception. Kind of like my situation right now, a lot of buildings I only have 3G and I know if B26 were to be optimized I would be on LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

So is the Sacramento area suffering from the concentrated attention to the Bay area? I am in Folsom quite often for work.

Luckily we have the old Clearwire network to hold us over so it's okay in most areas.

All markets are affected really as priority markets are taking up all the equipment deliveries and manpower.

Only recently have equipment installs started trickling down to the secondary and tertiary and lower markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think sprint service is frustrating from a customer poin of view in a lot of markets. This is the case in Phoenix at least. My top five towers are all lte, have two 1900 carriers and 2.6 and most of the time I get great lte service. Yet when i walk in to buildings it is always iffy if I keep my lte connection (lack of 800) and traveling around I often run into towers that either have only 3G upgrades or the one of 12-20 towers that haven't been touched. It makes for an uneven experience, it is good to see them improving but It is still very uneven and from a customer stand point that is frustrating.

• Like 3

I think sprint service is frustrating from a customer poin of view in a lot of markets. This is the case in Phoenix at least. My top five towers are all lte, have two 1900 carriers and 2.6 and most of the time I get great lte service. Yet when i walk in to buildings it is always iffy if I keep my lte connection (lack of 800) and traveling around I often run into towers that either have only 3G upgrades or the one of 12-20 towers that haven't been touched. It makes for an uneven experience, it is good to see them improving but It is still very uneven and from a customer stand point that is frustrating.

That's why I left. They're very far along in Chicago but they still have a long ways to go yet. Despite all the improvements the network in places was still acting very wonky with speeds and/or dropping to 3G where it shouldn't be. Although I think I've had less luck then others in the Chicago area.

I'll come back when optimization is done, and they've followed through on all their promises...

• Like 1

I'm very impressed with sprint in Cincinnati,OH. I was at a concert at Bogart and I held a Lte signal the whole time and data worked perfectly.

• Like 1

That's why I left. They're very far along in Chicago but they still have a long ways to go yet. Despite all the improvements the network in places was still acting very wonky with speeds and/or dropping to 3G where it shouldn't be. Although I think I've had less luck then others in the Chicago area.

I'll come back when optimization is done, and they've followed through on all their promises...

Who'd you switch to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who'd you switch to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at&t surprisingly. Has been working excellent too. Haven't lost LTE once since Monday and I've been all over the the city and in basements too. The only exception would be Chinatown Mall, where nobody works. 

Ended up getting a 22% discount through freelancers union, and got them to match Verizon's latest deal - the 15 GB's for $100 so the price comes out to $133 for two lines one on contract and one "BYOD". 

I'm glad it wasn't to T-Mobile because lets face it, their indoor coverage is still lackluster and the rural coverage still has a ways to go yet before being acceptable. I'm gonna be traveling alot this summer, especially to the southwest so I think I made a good choice. Roaming on Verizon or Commnet 1x was not always easy and I carried a phone with an at&t SIM last year for backup anyway.  

• Like 1

What device did you have with Sprint?

at&t surprisingly. Has been working excellent too. Haven't lost LTE once since Monday and I've been all over the the city and in basements too. The only exception would be Chinatown Mall, where nobody works. 

Ended up getting a 22% discount through freelancers union, and got them to match Verizon's latest deal - the 15 GB's for $100 so the price comes out to $133 for two lines one on contract and one "BYOD". 

I'm glad it wasn't to T-Mobile because lets face it, their indoor coverage is still lackluster and the rural coverage still has a ways to go yet before being acceptable. I'm gonna be traveling alot this summer, especially to the southwest so I think I made a good choice. Roaming on Verizon or Commnet 1x was not always easy and I carried a phone with an at&t SIM last year for backup anyway.  

Tmobile needs to buy that 700 MHz A-block license from Leap (AT&T) eventually so that they can deploy LTE in Chicago which needs it badly.  I am sure there is a game of poker being played because I am sure Tmobile will eventually buy the license out in Chicago from AT&T since AT&T has no plans to build out LTE there just for that 1 market and they have build out requirements which need to be met for that spectrum.

I think Tmobile isn't in a rush to buy the 700 MHz A-block license in Chicago because it knows the Ch. 51 interference issues can't be resolved quite yet until the 600 MHz auction occurs.  I am sure the channel in Chicago can't be relocated to another channel.

at&t surprisingly.

Have a backup if you travel to Denver. AT&T has been awful for me here on this trip. AT&T is my primary provider. Sub 1Mbps LTE speeds in 50% of the city. Forcing to WCDMA helps in some areas. VZW is better, but not as good as they are in most markets. Tmo and Sprint provide the best data experiences in Denver, with Sprint basically winning because of B26 nearly everywhere filling in the gaps. But Tm is starting B12 deployment here.

The only speed test since Thursday that AT&T beat Sprint was last night at the King Soopers in Montclair. AT&T hit 15Mbps (second fastest I have seen the past four days). But Sprint B41 hit 13Mbps. So it really didn't matter.

My wife is sick of her AT&T data timing out on her in Denver. It feels like Sprint LTE circa 2013. It was not good when I was here in January, averaging 2-3Mbps in the places that are now below one. I only saw Band 4 twice and Band 2 once. They need to do something here badly to add capacity.

I'm headed back to the Dakotas today where AT&T is the performance champ. Maybe that will calm her down.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 4