Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Oh for sure. It’s really Sprints time to shine. Sadly we might not get to see that if the merger goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Democrats are calling them out on it.. Marcelo quoted a 25 billion investment needed .. id sure like to see a sprint network after a 25 billion dollar investment.. I’m sure it’s going to be much much better.

The Democrats are calling them out on it.. Marcelo quoted a 25 billion investment needed .. id sure like to see a sprint network after a 25 billion dollar investment.. I’m sure it’s going to be much much better.

As they should. I’m sure the other carriers will spend that amount if not more. But I’m Sprints case, is that just for 5G deployment or 5G and coverage expansion?

As they should. I’m sure the other carriers will spend that amount if not more. But I’m Sprints case, is that just for 5G deployment or 5G and coverage expansion?

Just for 5G he said : coverage expansion can happen imo . Band 26 should be sufficient enough on interstate and if needed add band 25

If Sprint had money they could dominate 5G at least until the duo had significant density.  But they don't. 

Sprint is still paying catch-up.  Despite the huge number of sites that have been tribanded, it did not show up in the Rootmetrics stats for the last half of 2018.  They other guys were also adding more bands, 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM to all of their sites.   The construction crews still keep telling me that most of the RRUs they have been putting up for the duo are 5G compatible.  Outside of the Massive MIMOs and I have not heard that for Sprint's latest equipment.  Personally laying low until some of dust settles.

If Sprint had money they could dominate 5G at least until the duo had significant density.  But they don't. 

Sprint is still paying catch-up.  Despite the huge number of sites that have been tribanded, it did not show up in the Rootmetrics stats for the last half of 2018.  They other guys were also adding more bands, 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM to all of their sites.   The construction crews still keep telling me that most of the RRUs they have been putting up for the duo are 5G compatible.  Outside of the Massive MIMOs and I have not heard that for Sprint's latest equipment.  Personally laying low until some of dust settles.

triband upgrades are not done yet. I think if Sprint had VZW big pocket, they would be even better. Coverage,I think they would have taken on T-Mobile on 600 mhz and maybe even aws3. The more spectrum the better.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

To also be fair TMobile still has Alot of B12 only sites in some areas.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, BlueAngel said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about 5G? I'm more than satisfied with LTE. I'll continue using it until I absolutely have to use 5G.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, I feel Sprint 4G LTE has been underinvested in the past two years as they focused on the TMobile merger and now want to skip ahead to 5G.

57 minutes ago, JimBob said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately, I feel Sprint 4G LTE has been underinvested in the past two years as they focused on the TMobile merger and now want to skip ahead to 5G.

I'm still averaging at least 60mbps can't really complain.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Nice.  Sprint LTE is great when consistently connected in one spot, but I still experience the "swiss cheese" network of dropping to 3G or really low speed, low response 4G if I step inside various restaurants/bars in a city or go out into the still dense suburbs not too far from urban centers.

• Like 2

I just wish Sprints b26 was faster. It's so slow almost no matter what tower. Sprint should be prioritizing b25/b26 CA and b26/41 CA

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I just wish Sprints b26 was faster. It's so slow almost no matter what tower. Sprint should be prioritizing b25/b26 CA and b26/41 CA

There is no doubt that Sprint is short of low band, especially for VoLTE.  The former clear markets will benefit from Tribanding the existing sites.  As for the other markets Sprint needs more of the Band 26 small cells, which are quite rare (else the merger).  Considering that band 26 should be the band of last resort, I have never quite understood  how it being CAed will help, unless it basically acts as HPUE by strengthening the upload signal which tends to have plenty of capacity since it is FD, and then is able to use the Band 25 or Band 41 for download. Is this correct?

There is no doubt that Sprint is short of low band, especially for VoLTE.  The former clear markets will benefit from Tribanding the existing sites.  As for the other markets Sprint needs more of the Band 26 small cells, which are quite rare (else the merger).  Considering that band 26 should be the band of last resort, I have never quite understood  how it being CAed will help, unless it basically acts as HPUE by strengthening the upload signal which tends to have plenty of capacity since it is FD, and then is able to use the Band 25 or Band 41 for download. Is this correct?
Yes that is correct. Giving b26/41 would give that band a huge capacity boost. It would also keep people on b41 longer. B25/26 together is also better than b26 alone. Sprint is the only carrier that does not aggregate all of the bands. If b26 is congested using it in CA would only help not make things worse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dkyeager said:

There are many cases where L2500 or L1900 signal is too weak to provide a reliable uplink, even though downlink still works well. In these cases, instead of placing users on L800, wouldn't it be convenient if L1900 or L2500 could be primarily used for downlink while L800 was used for uplink? This would save L800 capacity for real edge-of-cell scenarios where L800 is the only available LTE network.

I don't think L800 should be aggregated with other carriers in areas with strong signal strength, though. This would be unnecessarily wasting the little capacity it can provide. A setup where L800 could be the PCC but not an SCC would be ideal. 

• Like 1

25+25+26 should be up and running by now. It's needed for when it can connect to B41. Not just 25+26, I mean 25+25+26. In your area I know they only have one carrier 10x10 or 15x15.

• Like 2

25+25+26 should be up and running by now. It's needed for when it can connect to B41. Not just 25+26, I mean 25+25+26. In your area I know they only have one carrier 10x10 or 15x15.

Yeah it’s 10mhz here. Which has picked up a lot of speed. Band 26 is the only band I don’t like. When I’m on it it’s basically 3G or worse

Yeah it’s 10mhz here. Which has picked up a lot of speed. Band 26 is the only band I don’t like. When I’m on it it’s basically 3G or worse

I don't know what's keeping them from 25+26.

I don't know what's keeping them from 25+26.

I think it’s simply not a priority at the moment. But it has been popping up on the west and south west. With b26/25 instead of b25/26

5 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I think it’s simply not a priority at the moment. But it has been popping up on the west and south west. With b26/25 instead of b25/26

Ah so able to use B26 for upload/download, but the b26 download being shared with b25 thus effectively offloading b26 as mentioned by RAvirani above or for the HPUE like aspects I mentioned (so long as there is 3G present, a band can not have HPUE, which boosts the handset transmit power).

Ah so able to use B26 for upload/download, but the b26 download being shared with b25 thus effectively offloading b26 as mentioned by RAvirani above or for the HPUE like aspects I mentioned (so long as there is 3G present, a band can not have HPUE, which boosts the handset transmit power).
Yeah. Even though B26 would be the PCC, I wonder if the network can basically just not use it for download (even if there is capacity) and instead almost exclusively use the SCC. Thus keeping B26 free for people who need it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

Yeah. Even though B26 would be the PCC, I wonder if the network can basically just not use it for download (even if there is capacity) and instead almost exclusively use the SCC. Thus keeping B26 free for people who need it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It should be about half or less than it was before, depending on the B25 download bandwidth and performance at that location, ie B26 5x5 plus 5Mhz or 10MHz b25 or more rarely 15MHz (unless it is B26 + B25 + B25).  Might really help where B26 is 3x3.

9 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I've seen downlink 25+25 and 26+25. But not 25+25+26. We have PCS block A (15x15) and block G (5x5). 

I've seen downlink 25+25 and 26+25. But not 25+25+26. We have PCS block A (15x15) and block G (5x5). 
You have also seen B26+25 ca?