Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yep. It might be because we have 3x3 band 26 which is horrible. What do you think?
I don't why they are not doing 25+25+26 in, in order. Everyone else does.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I don't know either. It would be nice. They need to refarm PCS here though. So right now there is 5MHz for LTE on block A and 5MHz for LTE on block G here. I don't think using band 26 for downlink here would help any because you're lucky if you break 500Kbps on it. It would help uplink though because I usually get 5-10Mbps up over band 26. It would be better for them to refarm block A so we can get 10x10 on block A and 5x5 on block G. 

16 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I believe the issue is the signal from the phone reaching the tower.  Towers are obviously more powerful so downlink should not be as much of a problem.  Simply put, b26 travels further.  Yet it also a very precious commodity.  FDD is historically limited by download, since more customers download about ten times more than they upload.  Therefore this allows the B26 upload (which has extra capacity)  to be used to reach the tower, followed by the download being split between B25 and B26.  Thus it offloads  b26 downloads (which is likely congested) by sharing them with B25 where possible.

The biggest issue is not many phones support B26 + B25 CA, let alone B26 + B25 + B25.

I believe the issue is the signal from the phone reaching the tower.  Towers are obviously more powerful so downlink should not be as much of a problem.  Simply put, b26 travels further.  Yet it also a very precious commodity.  FDD is historically limited by download, since more customers download about ten times more than they upload.  Therefore this allows the B26 upload (which has extra capacity)  to be used to reach the tower, followed by the download being split between B25 and B26.  Thus it offloads  b26 downloads (which is likely congested) by sharing them with B25 where possible.

The biggest issue is not many phones support B26 + B25 CA, let alone B26 + B25 + B25.
S9 S10 note 9 LG V40 and G7 support it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

S9 S10 note 9 LG V40 and G7 support it

My new UNLOCKED Galaxy S9 does not seem to support it.In the ##DATA#  menu and then the LTE CA ENABLED  menu.  I have various band 41 entries showing and then only 25 A-25A.   No band 26 anywhere.  I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and it has updated several times. It has the Feburary update.  Is the UNLOCKED version different?

My new UNLOCKED Galaxy S9 does not seem to support it.In the ##DATA#  menu and then the LTE CA ENABLED  menu.  I have various band 41 entries showing and then only 25 A-25A.   No band 26 anywhere.  I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and it has updated several times. It has the Feburary update.  Is the UNLOCKED version different?

I've been wondering that as I also have the Unlocked S9+

I’ll ask the tread. I guess as band 26 is still being optimized could there be issues on the network? My data on the I phone xs max keeps timing out in the middle of loading stuff I’ll pull 80mbps and then next second it won’t work anymore and I have to toggle airplan mode for it to work again. I had this phone replace once already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I've been wondering that as I also have the Unlocked S9+

For clarity, does the Unlocked S9+ have  ##data#  menu options to support B26 + B25 CA and B26 + B25 + B25 CA? Thanks

For clarity, does the Unlocked S9+ have  ##data#  menu options to support B26 + B25 CA and B26 + B25 + B25 CA? Thanks

No only 25+25 and then B41 CA. Nothing else.

644742389f1b53b5dcc354bc5d59659c.jpg

This is what my locked S9+ shows3db9d67fcc3f5df85f8fe5cb2b40cb4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lucky you should check mark an those tho

5 hours ago, superbluepsd said:

This is what my locked S9+ shows

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that a UNLOCKED S9 and other newer phones would configure with the Sprint Software when a Sprint SIM was inserted and activated.  Apparently this Carrier Aggregation sure does not????  If I am understanding what I just saw in this thread, A Sprint Purchased s9 has much better aggregation capabilities that a UNLOCKED s-9 purchased at Best Buy?  Would there be some secret hidden menu that needs to be accessed to make an UNLOCKED version update properly.

I was under the impression that a UNLOCKED S9 and other newer phones would configure with the Sprint Software when a Sprint SIM was inserted and activated.  Apparently this Carrier Aggregation sure does not????  If I am understating what I just saw in this thread, A Sprint Purchased s9 has much better aggregation capabilities that a UNLOCKED s-9 purchased at Best Buy?  Would there be some secret hidden menu that needs to be accessed to make an UNLOCKED version update properly.
Good question it does the firmware just fine so not sure what the issue it. Only Sprint has this issue. Other carriers it just connects. Another example of Sprints incompetence

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Good question it does the firmware just fine so not sure what the issue it. Only Sprint has this issue. Other carriers it just connects. Another example of Sprints incompetence

No to mention the fact that Sprint has like 200 different SIMs. Never understood that. Their back end software must really suck.

10 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Is sprint still looking at a April/May launch of nationwide volte ?

I'll take my dose of it now please :P

• Like 2

Is sprint still looking at a April/May launch of nationwide volte ?

Is that how long going to have to wait for my S9+ plus to use it? It's live in my area yet S8 and S10 can use it but I can't. S9+

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:52 AM, superbluepsd said:

This is what my locked S9+ shows3db9d67fcc3f5df85f8fe5cb2b40cb4c.jpg

On 3/19/2019 at 8:29 AM, Tengen31 said:

No only 25+25 and then B41 CA. Nothing else.

644742389f1b53b5dcc354bc5d59659c.jpg

What firmware version are each of you on?

3 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Here's mine            SNIPPED

Here is mine from my new S-9.  Does not have all the newer Carrier aggregations available.

Screenshot-Firmware.jpg

5 hours ago, superbluepsd said:

G965USQS3CSAG

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

G960U1UES3CSAA

52 minutes ago, chamb said:

G960U1UES3CSAA

Well, since you All have Sprint sims,  I would expect they should all be the same, but obviously not.  It looks like firmware is the issue.  Perhaps the unlocked needs to be manually updated?  Else Sprint is only making a subset of their features available to the unlocked?  A good question for Samsung.