Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Do we know the status of the waiver for AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. Not sure. Perhaps it's still under consideration at the FCC? How can we find out the status?

a64a0bf643d714860656e19771e0eb01.jpg

The top of this where I captured is something that the others can't do. Also looks like HPUE is something Sprint came up and was approved by the 3GPP group.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I guess will deploy massive MIMO at some point or another. 64Tx64R. They showed off  prototype Nokia antenna in NYC.

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/spectrum/sprint-lights-fire-under-high-band-4g-builds-for-5g/d/d-id/728971?

Great read!

And the article also quoted this re 3CA updates for existing devices:

Device VP Sullivan told me that the upgrades will come for Apple, Samsung and a host of other vendors early next year. This will be "well ahead" of the Mobile World Congress show in late February next year, he said.

• Like 3

If you take a close look at the images released during the presentation yesterday, you'll see this on the screen:

• 1.9 GHz Baseline
  • Drop point for an LTE phone on 2.5 GHz with no HPUE is 77% of that baseline outdoors.
  • Drop point for an LTE phone on 2.5 GHz with HPUE is 99% of that baseline outdoors.

Because HPUE can improve 2.5 GHz coverage up to 30 percent, it's able to cover 99 percent of the area covered by Sprint's 1.9 GHz spectrum outdoors and approximately 90 percent of Sprint's 1.9 GHz spectrum coverage indoors. 

Once Sprint is able to make real progress on its densification program (including small cell deployments) and ramps up carrier aggregation to 3 Carriers and beyond (and the device base has enough HPUE device uptake), I don't think any other carrier will be able to keep up.

• Like 2

Sprint is already moving to 64T64R when they haven't even dense their network with 8T8R. This is the fundamental problem at Overland Park. They deploy a little bit of a tech then move to the next one.

Dan Hesse and to a certain extent Saw said that the 8T8R was future proof.

I never bought into the silver bullet of dense a network on efficiency and a lower budget. Nokia is a public company with responsibility to shareholders and they will always get wireless networks to spend billions into the new tech. No to mention Mobilitie and Crown Castle have the same business structure.

Sprint is already moving to 64T64R when they haven't even dense their network with 8T8R. This is the fundamental problem at Overland Park. They deploy a little bit of a tech then move to the next one.

I never bought into the silver bullet of dense a network on efficiency and a lower budget. Nokia is a public company with responsibility to shareholders and they will always get wireless networks to spend billions into the new tech. No to mention Mobilitie and Crown Castle have the same business structure.

Nothing is future proof.

Networks are never finished.

• Like 1

If you take a close look at the images released during the presentation yesterday, you'll see this on the screen:

• 1.9 GHz Baseline
  • Drop point for an LTE phone on 2.5 GHz with no HPUE is 77% of that baseline outdoors.
  • Drop point for an LTE phone on 2.5 GHz with HPUE is 99% of that baseline outdoors.
Because HPUE can improve 2.5 GHz coverage up to 30 percent, it's able to cover 99 percent of the area covered by Sprint's 1.9 GHz spectrum outdoors and approximately 90 percent of Sprint's 1.9 GHz spectrum coverage indoors.

Once Sprint is able to make real progress on its densification program (including small cell deployments) and ramps up carrier aggregation to 3 Carriers and beyond (and the device base has enough HPUE device uptake), I don't think any other carrier will be able to keep up.

Which is why they keep saying they plan to have best network. I just hope they execute the small cell rollout. I feel it's the most important factor

Massive mimo with 3D beam forming and other technologies is the next step for td LTE networks.

China Mobile and Softbank both have already deployed it for commercial usage and implemented other feature rich software suites sprint is just developing.

Technology is always advancing and sprint can't be "number one" without keeping up with the times or do you want sprint to not invest in new technologies and let the network be technologically outdated and even more inferior.

-- side note - - massive mimo is well suited to major urban areas where extreme capacity and coverage reliability is needed. It's not a replacement for 8t8r but a complement as small cells are to macro cells.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Of all the technologies just mentioned that sprint planned to implement next year, one of them for sure to happen is hpue because it does not cost anything.  There are stipulations to all other promises mainly cash.  But this hpue alone i think will really make a big difference for sprint and and cost next to nothing to implement.  

Looks like Marcelo will be doing some device/plan sales at a retail store on this upcoming Saturday:

Claure will trade C-suite for retail floor to sell plans at Plaza store

He'll also be visiting some call centers according to the article.

• Like 1

I think we are now starting to see Sprints vision. Now it's about executing it. Now I see why they were so hush hush about things

• Like 1

Of all the technologies just mentioned that sprint planned to implement next year, one of them for sure to happen is hpue because it does not cost anything.  There are stipulations to all other promises mainly cash.  But this hpue alone i think will really make a big difference for sprint and and cost next to nothing to implement.  

It does require newer handsets.

Looks like Marcelo will be doing some device/plan sales at a retail store on this upcoming Saturday:

Claure will trade C-suite for retail floor to sell plans at Plaza store

He'll also be visiting some call centers according to the article.

I think we are now starting to see Sprints vision. Now it's about executing it. Now I see why they were so hush hush about things

Yeah, why telegraph something that you are developing and can give you a edge over others .

• Like 1

Same reason why customers need to purchase new devices to access B12 and B66 <_<

No one is breaking up with anyone, stop trolling.

Hey I sent you a Message. I'm sorry Man. Hope we can get along. I would like that.

• Like 1

Hey I sent you a Message. I'm sorry Man. Hope we can get along. I would like that.

No worries man, I'm sorry for accusing you of trolling. Was spending too much time reading Reddit.

• Like 2

You would think a tech writer would understand the technology before writing something that is completely wrong. I bolded the incorrect info. 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprints-secret-booster-will-make-your-high-end-handset-run-faster_id88990

From the article:

"Unlike most carriers, Sprint uses three different frequencies including the 2.5GHz airwaves that are higher frequency. While such airwaves offer higher capacity and speed, they also have the opposite features of low frequency spectrum such as limited distance and an inability to penetrate buildings. But the 3 x carrier aggregation allows all three bands to be used giving Sprint customers the best of each of the three frequencies. The HTC Bolt, a Sprint exclusive, is the first phone offered by the carrier to support this technology out of the box"

• Like 4