Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That's good. And I guess I should have looked at the threads before I posted that lol. I expected them to be further in their deployment by now but I know they had some set backs.

Still, it would go a long way with investor confidence to hear progress on NGN and 3xCA.

• Like 4

Still, it would go a long way with investor confidence to hear progress on NGN and 3xCA.

I think a lot of institutional investors want to see money in the bank. That would be progress by the way I measure it. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of institutional investors want to see money in the bank. That would be progress by the way I measure it.

The street wants to see growth, or at least the potential for growth -- that's why Apple stock has dropped so much since their earnings, and why Amazon continues to ascend.

The street wants to see growth, or at least the potential for growth -- that's why Apple stock has dropped so much since their earnings, and why Amazon continues to ascend.

I'm pretty sure the street only cares about phone postpaid adds and rising ARPU.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the street only cares about phone postpaid adds and rising ARPU.

TMUS took a hit with these earnings because there was a slight drop in T-Mobile's ARPU where it had been increasing in prior quarters. It's in the Investor Facebook they put out. 

The Sprint map clearly is depicting LTE native + roaming.  Look at Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska.  Much of that is Nex-Tech Wireless and USCC.

Of course, VZW shows its LTE in Rural America partner coverage.  I am not sure whether roaming or partner footprint is shown in the AT&T and T-Mobile maps.  But the T-Mobile map is a fabrication, a massive overstatement.

AJ

My biggest concern about the coverage map is the perception that it presents to your average joe consumer. 

In any urban market T-Mobile enjoys a significantly dense network, sometimes as good as or even better than AT&T and Verizon. Those consumers will not switch once they experience T-Mobile's network because it works for them and the price is the same/similar to Sprints.

Is there a forum or a picture of the small cells that Sprint is installing? I may have seen one but not sure. Below is my alleged "small cell" but it could be something else or of another carriers.

14021a24b7a49bf406d045f4b1dd60ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're nearby that area again in traffic, can you check your phone's engineering screen and see how strong the signal is?

• Like 1

My biggest concern about the coverage map is the perception that it presents to your average joe consumer. 

In any urban market T-Mobile enjoys a significantly dense network, sometimes as good as or even better than AT&T and Verizon. Those consumers will not switch once they experience T-Mobile's network because it works for them and the price is the same/similar to Sprints.

One of my big concerns about the coverage map is that the color choices for the types of coverage are confusing. If you're looking at LTE Plus Coverage, 4G LTE Coverage should be filtered out or made to be a completely different color, and not a slightly different version of yellow which can't be easily distinguished/identified.

• Like 5

If you're nearby that area again in traffic, can you check your phone's engineering screen and see how strong the signal is?

Yes I sure can. I'll hold up traffic today lol jk

Yes I sure can. I'll hold up traffic today lol jk

Eh I've done it. Thankfully my wife is usually my copilot and I ask her to drive in areas where I want to check the network.

• Like 1

One of my big concerns about the coverage map is that the color choices for the types of coverage are confusing. If you're looking at LTE Plus Coverage, 4G LTE Coverage should be filtered out or made to be a completely different color, and not a slightly different version of yellow which can't be easily distinguished/identified.

Well I referring to the Verizon map comparison. 

The Sprint map clearly is depicting LTE native + roaming. Look at Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska. Much of that is Nex-Tech Wireless and USCC.

Of course, VZW shows its LTE in Rural America partner coverage. I am not sure whether roaming or partner footprint is shown in the AT&T and T-Mobile maps. But the T-Mobile map is a fabrication, a massive overstatement.

AJ

I can confirm that AT&T and T-Mobile's LTE roaming are not on the map.

I can confirm that AT&T and T-Mobile's LTE roaming are not on the map.

Only exception is the LTE in east IA, which is actually on iWireless (Semi-native roaming).

Edited by SkyGuy98

If I remember correctly, T-Mobile owns iWireless.

No, iWireless is owned by Iowa Network Services and has a partnership with T-Mobile. From the iWireless website: Iowa Network Services is privately owned by a group of 127 Independent Telephone Companies that serve 500,000 rural Iowans.

No, iWireless is owned by Iowa Network Services and has a partnership with T-Mobile. From the iWireless website: Iowa Network Services is privately owned by a group of 127 Independent Telephone Companies that serve 500,000 rural Iowans.

TMobile does own a little more than 50% of the company.  The rest is owned by the teleco companies.

I think they own their spectrum but not the company itself. They have a stake in it though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think that's correct. You should look @their rates:

$50/month for 1 line of unlimited talk + text + LTE

$120/month for 4 lines of unlimited talk + text + LTE

Pretty good for a small carrier. Much cheaper than USCC.

$65 for unlimited everything (including unlimited hotspot) makes this carrier a must look at for people living in Iowa and Western Illinois. I am pullin down an average of 25Mb/s with a peak of 50. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal with all the other carriers able to top out at 100 in certain places. But if you know Iowa and Western Illinois, then that is a big deal :-).

Now, if Sprint could buy USCC, that would be a huge shot in the arm for this area.

• Like 2

I guess premarket trading has Sprint up. 4ff25953f8ce6c18aca0f5b8c14a16c5.jpg

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I will be a little happy if Sprint at least gets back trading in the $4 range. :P

• Like 1