Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

So... Anyone been deprioritized yet? I'm noticing slightly better speeds near me where they were originally sub 1mbps, but now are 4-5. I'm wondering if some users on the sites are affected and it's getting me a better experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Ive seen a few accounts with deprioritization soc codes and notes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What was the data usage on those accounts?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Have they been complaining or do they generally notice a difference?  Somebody on the T-Mobile subreddit said they were deprioritized when they went to Disneyland and it basically was unusable for them. LOL

Nope but my market has very few towers id consider congested. They both just came in to pay bills and its an immediate urgent pop up explaining they are deprioritizated when i went into the account. I wouldn't of noticed if it wasnt for the pop up, which im sure is there incase they call in.

Not sure where I should post this so I will ask here: 

I'll be in Ridgecrest, CA this week and the coverage map shows off network roaming only BUT I could have SWORN when I was there years ago I had 3g coverage off a tower there. All I could find on s4gru was that it had a wimax protection site at one point. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4-wimax-protection-site-operation-confirmation/?p=13 (Do wimax protection sites only broadcast wimax and no CDMA?)

Shot in the dark but if anyone knows anything that would be helpful.

I'll be in Ridgecrest, CA this week and the coverage map shows off network roaming only BUT I could have SWORN when I was there years ago I had 3g coverage off a tower there. All I could find on s4gru was that it had a wimax protection site at one point. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4-wimax-protection-site-operation-confirmation/?p=13 (Do wimax protection sites only broadcast wimax and no CDMA?)

As far as I know, Ridgecrest has always been off network roaming on the map. It's one reason I avoid rural places like that.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As far as I know, Ridgecrest has always been off network roaming on the map. It's one reason I avoid rural places like that.

The government loves it's rural places unfortunately. I'll still have service via my AT&T work phone but my company is ridiculous about restricting data usage on cellphone lines. Here is hoping the hotel has decent wifi (it won't).

The government loves it's rural places unfortunately. I'll still have service via my AT&T work phone but my company is ridiculous about restricting data usage on cellphone lines. Here is hoping the hotel has decent wifi (it won't).

You have an odd job to put you out there in that rural weird town.

You have an odd job to put you out there in that rural weird town.

I do work relating to radar test equipment so i'll be there at the China Lake test ranges. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Weapons_Station_China_Lake 

It is a fun place really just two hours+ from anywhere like most of these places.

• Like 1

I do work relating to radar test equipment so i'll be there at the China Lake test ranges.

It is a fun place really just two hours+ from anywhere like most of these places.

I know China Lake well. I hear explosions coming from there every so often in Pahrump.

• Like 2

Are you flying into IYK Inyokern? I did that once.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I'll be in Ridgecrest, CA this week and the coverage map shows off network roaming only BUT I could have SWORN when I was there years ago I had 3g coverage off a tower there. All I could find on s4gru was that it had a wimax protection site at one point. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4-wimax-protection-site-operation-confirmation/?p=13 (Do wimax protection sites only broadcast wimax and no CDMA?)

There is a NV site accepted there. 3G/800. In Ridgecrest. Unless it was removed for some reason. But my father in law goes to Ridgecrest every year and has Sprint. I know he was using it there last year. He asked me to help him with his hotspot. It was 3G only then.

There is a NV site accepted there. 3G/800. In Ridgecrest. Unless it was removed for some reason. But my father in law goes to Ridgecrest every year and has Sprint. I know he was using it there last year. He asked me to help him with his hotspot. It was 3G only then.

Interesting.  I wonder why they don't include that in their coverage map?

Interesting. I wonder why they don't include that in their coverage map?

Either error or it has been decommissioned for some reason. There is a site in Northern Nevada not shown on coverage maps but confirmed operating. But it was an expansion site.

Hey guys head over to sprint they are giving away a year free of Amazon Prime!!!

https://cheerstoyou.sprint.com/?INTMKT=MA:LP:20151208:LNL:B2C:ART:giveaways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you flying into IYK Inyokern? I did that once.

I'll be coming in from Ontario, CA and then driving in. Easier than driving from LAX.

Really? Cool! I'll check it out when I am there. If I remember right there was a cell tower near the Salvation Army off of Ridgecrest Blvd if my memory is correct.

• Like 1

I'll be coming in from Ontario, CA and then driving in. Easier than driving from LAX.

Really? Cool! I'll check it out when I am there. If I remember right there was a cell tower near the Salvation Army off of Ridgecrest Blvd if my memory is correct.

5bf3aa7ef3db559a939c68da3ebbfc37.jpg

• Like 1

I feel like Ontario is a hidden secret. I hate flying into LAX.

• Like 2

I flew in to Ontario with my parents last year for New Years and it couldn't have been easier. Airport wasn't busy at all flying in and the same when we left.

I feel like Ontario is a hidden secret.

Going to La Cañada?

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Either error or it has been decommissioned for some reason. There is a site in Northern Nevada not shown on coverage maps but confirmed operating. But it was an expansion site.

After spending some time on the ultimate coverage map, I have noticed at least a half dozen sites that showed no Sprint coverage around them.

Flying into LAX is easy.  Then you have to leave the airport and deal with LA traffic.  THAT is the hard impossible part!