Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Verizon doesn't yet have 2C active here in Chester. That kind of hurts given 2C here is AWS that goes to 20x20. But that would give them some good headroom for a while. They could then readjust B13 for coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am hardly ever out of b41 coverage in the east valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm learning that the east valley has substantially better coverage than the west valley.  

The fine print on Sprints map says this is ideal outdoor coverage.  We all know that reality doesn't give coverage as good as illustrated.  Here's my neighborhood.  I can get B41 in only a couple places when very close to the towers.

cqz4eZR.png

I'm learning that the east valley has substantially better coverage than the west valley.  

The fine print on Sprints map says this is ideal outdoor coverage.  We all know that reality doesn't give coverage as good as illustrated.  Here's my neighborhood.  I can get B41 in only a couple places when very close to the towers.

cqz4eZR.png

Permitting issues in that 3G area?

Have they officially launched your area as an LTE Plus market, or did you just turn off that layer?

One thing to keep in mind about the LTE Plus map is that light yellow isn't necessarily meant to correlate directly with band 41 coverage:

GFT8ORw.png

In this area, there are a few band 41 sites in the dark yellow areas (as well as a few more in some of the light yellow areas). What the light yellow really means here is that you should receive good, consistent service, because even if you aren't on band 41, the other people who are will be unloading band 25 for you.

• Like 2

Have they officially launched your area as an LTE Plus market, or did you just turn off that layer?

One thing to keep in mind about the LTE Plus map is that light yellow isn't necessarily meant to correlate directly with band 41 coverage:

In this area, there are a few band 41 sites in the dark yellow areas (as well as a few more in some of the light yellow areas). What the light yellow really means here is that you should receive good, consistent service, because even if you aren't on band 41, the other people who are will be unloading band 25 for you.

Technically, yes the yellow is suppose to show B41 coverage. However, as we all know, it's pretty overstated. So in much of the light yellow, unless you are outdoors with line of sight, chances of connecting to B41 are significantly lower.

• Like 2

I turned off that layer because it said the whole area is shown as GREAT LTE Plus/Spark.  That's nowhere near accurate and I've reported this area via the app a number of times.  I think Phoenix is a "spark" market (or LTE plus if they are calling it that now) however the map doesn't show any light yellow in this area.

Also, no permitting issues in this area to my knowledge.  Other towers in these jurisdictions are fully NV ready.

puQ0Jsx.png

Edit: I'm also done hijacking this thread.  I apologize to everyone!

I am not sure the average consumers notice the network improvement in Sprint or not.  But according to the latest consumer report, Sprint ranks last among the big 4 and tmobile comes in first place.  What really surprises me is that in rootmetrics reports, tmobile consistently ranks last on call quality and personally I think that is the most important reason why we have cell phone in the first place.  Can Sprint do anything to improve its image?  

I am not sure the average consumers notice the network improvement in Sprint or not.  But according to the latest consumer report, Sprint ranks last among the big 4 and tmobile comes in first place.  What really surprises me is that in rootmetrics reports, tmobile consistently ranks last on call quality and personally I think that is the most important reason why we have cell phone in the first place.  Can Sprint do anything to improve its image?

Consumer reports didn't rate the actual networks, but consumer sentiment towards the carriers.

I've zoomed in on Phoenix B41 coverage and it appears they didn't use a light yellow layer at all.  They just put the dark yellow over all B41 coverage.

I've zoomed in on Phoenix B41 coverage and it appears they didn't use a light yellow layer at all.  They just put the dark yellow over all B41 coverage.

Definitely "no bueno." I root for Sprint everyday but little things like this make me wonder who in the hell they have managing these projects. Talk about food for naysayers. Geez.

• Like 1

Sprint is lagging in perception for one. People don't seem to realize that Sprint has improved their network. Secondly, customer service still has to get a lot better on Sprint's end. Free candy has boosted T-Mobile's perception along with what they had which has always been good on their end, which is customer service. That said, I see some cracks in that foundation due to their expansion of customer base and a lot of issues with device support and apps for account management that suck (though to be fair T-Mobile is releasing a new MyT-Mobile app). 

That said, the BingeOn thing, which was done partly to decrease the data done from streaming, could actually increase load because people are suddenly unafraid of streaming. Now what if this happens at such a scale that T-Mobile can't handle the load? 

• Like 1

That said, the BingeOn thing, which was done partly to decrease the data done from streaming, could actually increase load because people are suddenly unafraid of streaming. Now what if this happens at such a scale that T-Mobile can't handle the load?

I refuse to believe that the decision was made to green-light BingeOn without mountains of data supporting the program's viability at various scales.

I doubt the board would let that happen if there was a high probability of this destroying shareholder value.

The C-Suite wants to be cool. The Board wants to be rich.

• Like 1

I refuse to believe that the decision was made to green-light BingeOn without mountains of data supporting the program's viability at various scales.

I doubt the board would let that happen if there was a high probability of this destroying shareholder value.

The C-Suite wants to be cool. The Board wants to be rich.

I would have believed that when it was rumored T-Mobile was thinking of doing this. Now? I'm wondering if the board didn't care. Most of the TMUS board is still appointed by Deutsche Telekom, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Definitely "no bueno." I root for Sprint everyday but little things like this make me wonder who in the hell they have managing these projects. Talk about food for naysayers. Geez.

And I don't want to be a naysayer! I want Sprint to be great, at this time I just can't wait for it any longer.

• Like 2

What really surprises me is that in rootmetrics reports, tmobile consistently ranks last on call quality and personally I think that is the most important reason why we have cell phone in the first place.

10 years ago.  Now, people do not call as much anymore.  It is all about the data.

But Sprint did improve the most by far, increasing by 8 points. At this rate, Sprint could possibly become #1 or #2 if they keep up the good work that they've been doing recently.

• Like 4

But Sprint did improve the most by far, increasing by 8 points. At this rate, Sprint could possibly become #1 or #2 if they keep up the good work that they've been doing recently.

The biggest problem I see with Root Metrics for Sprint in the future...is that the voice score will likely become less and less important. People don't talk as much now, thus it's becoming less and less important. Sprint has fantastic voice coverage now, but it may not matter for much longer.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I see with Root Metrics for Sprint in the future...is that the voice score will likely become less and less important. People don't talk as much now, thus it's becoming less and less important. Sprint has fantastic voice coverage now, but it may not matter for much longer.

Not really a problem, Sprint has improved speeds as well, almost in every location every quarter, whereas all the other carriers have mostly peaked in fact have slowed down in a lot of locations. If you look at the trend that really does put Sprint in alot of 1st or 2nd place within a year or two not just in voice but in speeds as well.

Sprint's netowrk is less of an issue everyday, but perception of the company? That's gonna continue to be a struggle for a while. Whether number one or not.

• Like 2

Walmart seems to be no longer selling Sprint phones at its stores.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprints-phones-disappear-walmart-holidays-loom/2015-12-04

I forgot Walmart sold Sprint phones. Verizon has a contract with major retail vendors that state Verizon will drop support if more than 2 other post paid carriers are sold at the same time. Walmart must be dropping Sprint in favor of T-Mobile, while also honoring Verizon's request.

Edit: This is the same reason you don't see all four carriers available in BestBuy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2

10 years ago.  Now, people do not call as much anymore.  It is all about the data.

I call on my phone daily. Maybe 20 somethings don't use calling, but I use at least 500+ minutes / month, mostly for work. 

• Like 5