Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I dont mind freebies at face value. But the obfuscation it will cause towards competitive data pricing is awful. If all data were treated equally, we should see data buckets slowly grow larger and larger as time progresses. But with this garbage, I expect to see bucket pricing remain stagnant if not go backwards. Verizon will be the first to back what you can get for $100 down from 18GB to 10 GB with "as much Go90 as you can handle!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all the pricing/data allotment predictions I've seen on this site, this one probably holds the most water. Part because similar scenarios have already played out in other countries. For example in Mexico, data bucket sizes have stayed the same even though the demand for data and prices have gone up. Part of the reason is that companies have gone and made services such as Twitter, Facebook, and Spotify truly unlimited, while everything else being counted towards your allowance. Unfortunately, I do see the same thing happening here in the U.S.

T-Mobile may claim that this concept of giving certain services on an unlimited basis is their idea, but the truth is that they stole it from Latin American and European companies and they are breaking net neutrality laws. All internet traffic is not being treated equally.

• Like 5

This is the kind of B.S the T-Mobile community has.

Band 12 seems to fix speed issues and upgrading your phone will fix things!

It really does seem that way with these Magentans and their talk of band 12 ike it is some blessed holy spectrum band that will be the cure of the network's problems. Just as John Legere is the savior of wireless, band 12 is the savior of networks, where all connectivity issues of PCS and AWS will be resolved by band 12. Completely disregarding the fact that it is a separate band from the others and so far works independently on its own, at least for now until T-Mobile does some carrier aggregation.

• Like 1

Since when did this become the T-mobile thread?

At over 10,000 posts, this thread can be almost anything it wants to be.

AJ

• Like 6

This is the kind of B.S the T-Mobile community has.

Band 12 seems to fix speed issues and upgrading your phone will fix things!

That's the type of deflection that's not even trying. Not a single one of those post addresses the issue at hand, either. And although no one should really take upvotes or downvotes seriously and emotionally as some of them do, it is ironic how they gang up and do just that to show their support for deflective, noncontributing nonsense. 

So yeah, low-band is only good when it's branded, apparently. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint's low-band is crap, but theirs is a speed supplement worth getting a new phone over. 

• Like 3

The Uncarrier Holiday Choir (The "Unchoir"), featuring Magentans and of course, their beloved, St. John...

The Magentan T-abernacle Choir?

AJ

• Like 4

The Magentan T-abernacle Choir?

AJ

I was reading the comments on the YouTube video page of the video I linked here,and while I hadn't seen any comments regarding John as running a professional choir here, some commenters mentioned Trump, one saying John would make a better presidential candidate than Trump, which had me wondering if John Legere might one day run for presidency. At this point, I wouldn't doubt he eventually might, perhaps in 2020. He'll have to get more political though, in order to gain mass voter interest, though perhaps it could be done, I suppose. Particularly as he does have a lot of supporters.

I was reading the comments on the YouTube video page of the video I linked here,and while I hadn't seen any comments regarding John as running a professional choir here, some commenters mentioned Trump, one saying John would make a better presidential candidate than Trump, which had me wondering if John Legere might one day run for presidency. At this point, I wouldn't doubt he eventually might, perhaps in 2020. He'll have to get more political though, in order to gain mass voter interest, though perhaps it could be done, I suppose. Particularly as he does have a lot of supporters.

Would rather have Kanye running for president than this clown named John

Who know what'll John do? Un-Nation programs? JUMP! on insurance?

• Like 4

Strange. I posted the video link in the T-Mobile thread, which AJ's response to my post also was there too, but now somehow got on the Marcelo thread. I say strange because I doubt the staff would have moved these posts here to this thread, since its T-Mobile-related. I wrote to Robert about this, as I hope if its a technical issue it could be fixed.

Anyways, John Legere as president while it sounds bad, I've got to admit it sounds better than many other potential presidential candidates. Imagine terms like the Un-senate and the Un-lobbyist popping up in political terminologies under a Legere administration. I wonder what the FCC would be like then.

Strange. I posted the video link in the T-Mobile thread, which AJ's response to my post also was there too, but now somehow got on the Marcelo thread. I say strange because I doubt the staff would have moved these posts here to this thread, since its T-Mobile-related. I wrote to Robert about this, as I hope if its a technical issue it could be fixed.

Anyways, John Legere as president while it sounds bad, I've got to admit it sounds better than many other potential presidential candidates. Imagine terms like the Un-senate and the Un-lobbyist popping up in political terminologies under a Legere administration. I wonder what the FCC would be like then.

They've been in this thread the whole time. It's easy to mix up threads if you're posting mobile.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

Well, I'm sure speeds are less than great on non-Spark phones, on non B4 Verizon phones, and non B2 PCS LTE phones on AT&T. This is the nature of the beast. To get the best speeds and coverage, upgrade your phone.

So, technically, the Magentans aren't wrong here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It really does seem that way with these Magentans and their talk of band 12 ike it is some blessed holy spectrum band that will be the cure of the network's problems. Just as John Legere is the savior of wireless, band 12 is the savior of networks, where all connectivity issues of PCS and AWS will be resolved by band 12. Completely disregarding the fact that it is a separate band from the others and so far works independently on its own, at least for now until T-Mobile does some carrier aggregation.

I think T-Mobile is aggregating B4 and B12 in NY. At least that is true from some of the engineering screens Milan put up on Reddit a while back.

• Like 3

I think T-Mobile is aggregating B4 and B12 in NY. At least that is true from some of the engineering screens Milan put up on Reddit a while back.

New York, Seattle.  Milan, Legere.  Who cares about anywhere or anyone else?  We all should move to where T-Mobile does its best.  We should be like them.  If not, that is our fault.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I'm not sure that they do it anymore ever since they moved to 20x20 in NYC.