Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Xfinity wireless: its comcastic!

Seriously though, comcast suffers from some of the blind hatred that sprint has to endure because 1)they have been in the game a very long time 2) they have a mess of bad history with service and cs. A comcast purchase of tmo would theoretically leave tmo as a wholly owned subsidiary that would continue to operate as itself. Anything else would be foolish

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Have you actually been to the Kansas City metro? Because I have been to the Houston metro multiple times.

Both cities have a lot in common. Both are sprawling metropolises with airports on the perimeter and extensive freeway systems. Well, actually, that is a slight difference. In Kansas City, the freeways are freeways, not tollways. But both metros are of similar shape and geographic size -- about 40 miles in diameter. Kansas City just has a smaller population, so population density and freeway congestion are less.

The weather in Kansas City is more moderate. I have been to Houston in August, and it is insufferable. You sweat like a pig outside, then suck dry our fossil fuel supply with full blast air conditioning inside. Plus, you have hurricanes that wreck and flood your entire city. Summers in Kansas City can be hot and humid -- but not hot and humid as a crotch like in Houston. Yes, Kansas City does experience winter. Snowfall varies from year to year, but each infrequent event is rarely more than a few inches and is typically melted within a day or two. While winters are very different between the two cities, they both avoid the "ice belt" that afflicts Dallas and Oklahoma City -- because they are too far north for rain but too far south for snow. So, Houston and Kansas City have that in common, too.

AJ

"A lot" in common is a stretch.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Edited by Houston_Texas

"A lot" in common is a stretch.

No, I am right from a geographic development perspective.  The two metros do have a lot in common that is not true of other metros.  I already mentioned a few shared characteristics.  Others include uptown "edge cities" (The Galleria and the Country Club Plaza), which are linked to downtown by "old money" corridors (Westheimer Rd and Broadway Blvd/Ward Pkwy).  Additionally, both metros have prominent business corridor "edge cities" (Energy Corridor and College Blvd/119th St -- the latter where Sprint is headquartered) located just beyond the outer beltways.  And both cities built NFL stadiums not downtown but several miles away along beltway freeways.

Add that list to the previous list, and that is "a lot."  However, I get the impression that you do not think Kansas City should be mentioned in the same sentence with Houston.

AJ

• Like 2

I'd see Comcast buying Sprint way before TMO....  especially since DT now see's TMO-US as a viable company; they will want more $$$ Sprint on the other hand....   And Comcast can really boost the cell performance with micro cells which Sprint needs.    It would be a great partnership.  

that said -- I don't see Comcast buying either one.   

• Like 1

I'd see Comcast buying Sprint way before TMO.... especially since DT now see's TMO-US as a viable company; they will want more $$$ Sprint on the other hand.... And Comcast can really boost the cell performance with micro cells which Sprint needs. It would be a great partnership.

that said -- I don't see Comcast buying either one.

In the reality where Comcast buys Sprint I swear I will gladly start throwing all my money at Verizon. I refuse to do any business with Comcast, I bet they'd start selling off B41 spectrum and bring their own in house customer service for Sprint. No. Not doing that. Nope.

• Like 5

Also appears to be the G3..status bar icons are way too large for the G4.

What is it with the G3 displaying these over inflated speeds? Ive seen one guy hit 185mbs, yet the G4 on CA makes ookla speedtest wonki and does not properly test the speed.

When did they say that? I've found no evidence of this..

as most things of this topic... its a bit between the lines.   Not saying they wouldn't sell Pink.... but I assume they want more for it these days. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/06/idUSL5N10H24120150806

and

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150807/carriers/deutsche-telekom-q2-revenues-up-tag23

as most things of this topic... its a bit between the lines.   Not saying they wouldn't sell Pink.... but I assume they want more for it these days. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/06/idUSL5N10H24120150806

and

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150807/carriers/deutsche-telekom-q2-revenues-up-tag23

I think this is more about not pissing off the shareholders/customers than any real commitment to Tmo's future.

No, I am right from a geographic development perspective. The two metros do have a lot in common that is not true of other metros. I already mentioned a few shared characteristics. Others include uptown "edge cities" (The Galleria and the Country Club Plaza), which are linked to downtown by "old money" corridors (Westheimer Rd and Broadway Blvd/Ward Pkwy). Additionally, both metros have prominent business corridor "edge cities" (Energy Corridor and College Blvd/119th St -- the latter where Sprint is headquartered) located just beyond the outer beltways. And both cities built NFL stadiums not downtown but several miles away along beltway freeways.

Add that list to the previous list, and that is "a lot." However, I get the impression that you do not think Kansas City should be mentioned in the same sentence with Houston.

AJ

Oh really? Where does KC'S water port sit? What about its massive refinerie row? Also, last I checked Houston's suburbs weren't in Louisiana. A lot of cities have the similarities you just mentioned, but are nothing alike both culturally and economically. Both are good cities, but in entirely different forms.

But enough of that. My beef was with some of you Midwestern people with small man-like syndrome who get up in arms about any form of disrespect (or what yall think is disrespect) towards the area. If some of you really believe that Omaha has as much incentive for prospective employees like Miami, Atlanta, or San Diego, then there's no reasoning with y'all.

• Like 2

Oh really? Where does KC'S water port sit? What about its massive refinerie row? Also, last I checked Houston's suburbs weren't in Louisiana. A lot of cities have the similarities you just mentioned, but are nothing alike both culturally and economically. Both are good cities, but in entirely different forms.

Yeah, and where is Houston's major river system?  Oh, gosh darn, I guess that negates my comparisons.

No, it does not.  Your logic and/or reading comprehension are lacking.  I said that Houston and Kansas City possess many interesting commonalities in terms of urban development, and I cited numerous examples.  I did not state that the cities were the same in other regards.  That one has a major seaport while the other has a major river does not refute the commonalities I provided.

Furthermore, your assertion that "a lot of cities have the similarities you just mentioned" can be true -- yes, some similarities, but not to the extent as between Houston and Kansas City.  For numerous examples, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis, and Denver do not possess many, if any of the geographic layout and urban development similarities I mentioned that Houston and Kansas City do.  I felt that the moment I first drove a car in Houston.  In just a few hours, I almost intuitively understood its layout and development because it reminded me of that of Kansas City.

Finally, I am a university educated geographer.  My expectation is that you are not.  So, you can defer to me on these matters.  Thanks, now sit down.

AJ

• Like 2

I think this is more about not pissing off the shareholders/customers than any real commitment to Tmo's future.

i never said it was about their future...  I said that TMO would cost more than it would have in the past.   And the fact that DT also wants to retain more shares if sold also helps that mind set.    Hey its all tea leaves :-)   but you have acknowledge that TMO is more secure funding wise than Sprint.    And that blip in Sprint stock is mostly due to SB tossing in some money to show that they are not bailing....  

Yeah, and where is Houston's major river system? Oh, gosh darn, I guess that negates my comparisons.

No, it does not. Your logic and/or reading comprehension are lacking. I said that Houston and Kansas City possess many interesting commonalities in terms of urban development, and I cited numerous examples. I did not state that the cities were the same in other regards. That one has a major seaport while the other has a major river does not refute the commonalities I provided.

Furthermore, your assertion that "a lot of cities have the similarities you just mentioned" can be true -- yes, some similarities, but not to the extent as between Houston and Kansas City. For numerous examples, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis, and Denver do not possess many, if any of the geographic layout and urban development similarities I mentioned that Houston and Kansas City do. I felt that the moment I first drove a car in Houston. In just a few hours, I almost intuitively understood its layout and development because it reminded me of that of Kansas City.

Finally, I am a university educated geographer. My expectation is that you are not. So, you can defer to me on these matters. Thanks, now sit down.

AJ

Again, you fail to say how they are actually similar. Culturally, you're comparing Venus to Mars here. Yeah sure, they're both planets, but they're not the same. You even stated that both have NFL stadiums outside of their main core areas, but how does that even help define a city? What, so they picked a cheap lot? Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the country on both social and business dealings. Even the definition of 'BBQ' to people in Texas is different to those in Kansas City.
  • Like 1

. Even the definition of 'BBQ' to people in Texas is different to those in Kansas City.

Srsly tho, when Bar B Que is brought up in my area they say "It is different here in South Carolina than it is in say, Yankee Carolina(Yikes!)" I am about 20 min from the state line. You will encounter multiple Cletii along the way serving pulled pork, but once you cross it the taste is nebulous to what the last fella was serving. Most likely at a readily available pork-n-boiled peanuts production shanty. 

• Like 1