Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Full PCS A/B block 30 MHz (15 MHz FDD) markets have sufficient spectrum for a 5 MHz FDD band 25 second carrier in the near future, if not already (e.g. Phoenix).

AJ

Would I be able to tell in Field Test Mode on my iPhone 6 if a second carrier for Band 25 has launched here? What would I look for?

Baltimore's Clearwire sites were horrible. They were in very isolated areas.

Looking at the maps it looks like they will help improve density with the legacy Sprint network. Just take a look at Harbor East/Fells Point. With the redevelopment of that area they will need the capacity.

Would I be able to tell in Field Test Mode on my iPhone 6 if a second carrier for Band 25 has launched here? What would I look for?

Yes, you would.  See the EARFCN logging thread and its included links for instructions.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5454-network-vision-and-spark-earfcn-logging-thread/

AJ

• Like 1

Mid-major Midwest markets are a non-destination. No young, future graduate of an AAU university is dreaming of ending up in Omaha, NE. They're thinking of NY, LA, SF, Mia, Chicago, Boston, and other metropolitan areas. I would support your case for St. Louis and Kansas City, but Omaha?!

There's only 2 things to do in Nebraska: 1. Watch Nebraska football and 2. Watch corn grow. And with the recent terrible coaching change, its going to be watching corn grow all year round for that state.

In this matter your ignorance is glaring.
  • Like 1

Mid-major Midwest markets are a non-destination. No young, future graduate of an AAU university is dreaming of ending up in Omaha, NE. They're thinking of NY, LA, SF, Mia, Chicago, Boston, and other metropolitan areas. I would support your case for St. Louis and Kansas City, but Omaha?!

There's only 2 things to do in Nebraska: 1. Watch Nebraska football and 2. Watch corn grow. And with the recent terrible coaching change, its going to be watching corn grow all year round for that state.

By the way, here is what other people think of Houston as a destination...

And f**k Houston! Houston is our largest unlivable city. It’s a fly-ridden goo swamp populated by obese wannabe cowboys who are constantly digging into a tin of Skoal. It has everything bad about a tropic-zone city with none of the good: palm trees with no beaches, skimpy clothing without attractive people, etc. There are no zoning laws. You can build a titty bar inside an elementary school. Every rich person there is a despicable oil whore. Rodeo Cookoff History is a required high school course. It’s a horrible place.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-houston-texans-1724117994

The "no zoning laws" and "titty bar inside an elementary school" could not be more spot on.  You can go from wealth to trash within a block in Houston.  Is the sex shop with the huge sign still open right by The Galleria, your most upscale shopping center?

So, you can take that, greenbastard and Houston_Texas.

;)

AJ

• Like 6

By the way, here is what other people think of Houston as a destination...

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-houston-texans-1724117994

The "no zoning laws" and "titty bar inside an elementary school" could not be more spot on.  You can go from wealth to trash within a block in Houston.  Is the sex shop with the huge sign still open right by The Galleria, your most upscale shopping center?

So, you can take that, greenbastard and Houston_Texas.

;)

AJ

The "titty bar inside an elementary school" is all about convenience.

Houston needs a real mass transit system.  Everyone drives so rush hour sucks, and when it rains, actually when it just look like it might rain, traffic comes to a stand still.  Still I'd rather be here than Kansas  :)

• Like 2

The "titty bar inside an elementary school" is all about convenience.

Houston needs a real mass transit system.  Everyone drives so rush hour sucks, and when it rains, actually when it just look like it might rain, traffic comes to a stand still.  Still I'd rather be here than Kansas  :)

Have you actually been to the Kansas City metro?  Because I have been to the Houston metro multiple times.

Both cities have a lot in common.  Both are sprawling metropolises with airports on the perimeter and extensive freeway systems.  Well, actually, that is a slight difference.  In Kansas City, the freeways are freeways, not tollways.  But both metros are of similar shape and geographic size -- about 40 miles in diameter.  Kansas City just has a smaller population, so population density and freeway congestion are less.

The weather in Kansas City is more moderate.  I have been to Houston in August, and it is insufferable.  You sweat like a pig outside, then suck dry our fossil fuel supply with full blast air conditioning inside.  Plus, you have hurricanes that wreck and flood your entire city.  Summers in Kansas City can be hot and humid -- but not hot and humid as a crotch like in Houston.  Yes, Kansas City does experience winter.  Snowfall varies from year to year, but each infrequent event is rarely more than a few inches and is typically melted within a day or two.  While winters are very different between the two cities, they both avoid the "ice belt" that afflicts Dallas and Oklahoma City -- because they are too far north for rain but too far south for snow.  So, Houston and Kansas City have that in common, too.

AJ

• Like 2

I think I'm going to rename this thread Celebrity Deathmatch.

[emoji48]

No, this is City Deathmatch.

AJ

• Like 6

I use to go to Baltimore to Hammerjacks. Now the only thing I do in Baltimore is pass thru it going up to New Jersey.​

Don't recommend stopping either. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Complaints about my service via Twitter and emails..... Look who showed up in front of my house!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zDcsG9o.jpg

• Like 11

rumor is Comcast will be forced to partner or buy a mobile entity.

Apparently, they are looking at Tmo again. However, kinda strange SoftBank bought more shares and with sprint turning a corner it wouldn't surprise me if masa is still shopping sprint to Comcast.

The industry is going to force another merger. Anyone buys sprint/Tmo is putting pressure on who ever is left.

Apparently, they are looking at Tmo again. However, kinda strange SoftBank bought more shares and with sprint turning a corner it wouldn't surprise me if masa is still shopping sprint to Comcast.

The industry is going to force another merger. Anyone buys sprint/Tmo is putting pressure on who ever is left.

But Comcast won't keep Mr. Uncarrier around. Right?

• Like 3

Dish has what Tmo needs spectrum wise right?

Dish would likely get bought by Verizon/sprint

However, as much as the gov say no after Comcast/Tmo

Verizon/sprint/dish someone is left out to crumble... Which leaves 3 very strong whatever u wanna call them services...

I could see vzw buying dish or their spectrum... If the latter happened who will ever be able to knock them out?

Dish would likely get bought by Verizon/sprint

I rather that not happen; the second Sprint owns Dish and all their spectrum, they'll be considered a monopoly in the eyes of the FCC and will get blocked when attempting to buy up smaller guys. Dish should be the last company Sprint buys. T-Mobile should buy Dish spectrum to supplement their thin holdings in markets like Milwaukee.

Can't wait to see what happens to TMO's customer service if that happens.  You know, since Comcast is leading the bottom of the pack for it....

• Like 2

Can't wait to see what happens to TMO's customer service if that happens. You know, since Comcast is leading the bottom of the pack for it....

If there was ever a company that could grind forward progress to a halt, it's Comcast.

• Like 11