Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

As a former manager of a Preferred Retailer I have to agree. Happy customers are repeat customers. I went out of my way to make it the best experience for my customers. Saying all Sprint stores suck is about as accurate as saying the Sprint network sucks. Broad statements are generally not accurate.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

Should have said my local stores. Closest are two resellers and a corp store. All three are awful. I'm sure there are decent ones around, but when I was recruiting family members for Framily back when it was starting...not one of them joined based on their experience in other Sprint stores around central Maryland. Literally not one out of several people.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And I'm paying $100 on 40 GB that Sprint gave me on there 20gb family share plan which has hot spot and tethering.

Sprint gave me the half off your bill as an existing customer...

40gb with rollover

No access fees as long as i stay on the plan

$100 a month+ taxes ins and any easypay/leases

I am good for a very long time

• Like 3

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150813/carriers/att-trumps-t-mobile-verizon-and-sprint-in-purchasing-satisfaction-tag2

Sprint continued last place for "purchasing satisfaction". I'll be honest, I avoid local Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate owned) at ALL costs. They are absolutely horrible to deal with. They always have computer problems. It easily takes over an hour to upgrade your phone in store. Every time I walk in a Sprint store, they add insurance to my line without my permission. Buying on tele-sales or online is a much better experience.

As a former manager of a Preferred Retailer I have to agree. Happy customers are repeat customers. I went out of my way to make it the best experience for my customers.

I've also had lots and lots of trouble at stores. 1+ hour transactions are everyday occurrences. The computers are consistently "down", they are routinely "calling things in". Advertised plans and prices routinely become slightly higher once in-store (occasionally even when the stores own signage suggests otherwise).

It's a huge pain. Since January or so, I also exclusively call in. Telephone support isn't good in any way, but it's worlds better than the stores.

Saying all Sprint stores suck is about as accurate as saying the Sprint network sucks.  Broad statements are generally not accurate. 

If it were just that, I'd agree with you. But this isn't just some guys statement. It's large scale reputable data.

If RootMetrics says "we've collected thousands of metrics on the network in this market and Sprint's network, on average, sucks" -- then Sprint's network sucks, even if a few spots get good service.  

Similarly, when JD Power says "we've collected thousands of surveys in stores all across America, and Sprint's in-store experience, on average, sucks" -- then Sprint's stores suck. Even if there are a few stores that are still good.

The metric isn't broken. Sprint has won the top JD Power experience spot before (multiple times). They certainly could win it again.

• Like 8

Alright, I'm going to mention these pricing plans again ????

I've been reading a lot about both AT&T's and Verizon's new pricing plans, which I suspect that T-Mobile and/or Sprint will respond with a new per gb pricing plan sometime in September, after a few weeks at least of figuring out what they are going to do. Granted, they both recently updated them with promotions, but now that AT&T and Verizon have responded with their own new plans, granted they still aren't as good if deals as what T-Mobile and Sprint are offering, it is closer to that.

I think both T-Mobile and Sprint ought to work on a better per gb option for individual lines. While I'd like to see it at 15gb for $45 monthly , I realize that probably is too low for a single line this year. So, here is what I'm thinking, and yes, it is another one of my lovely rate plan ideas.

I think T-Mobile and Sprint ought to offer an individual line with 15gb for $55 monthly, with each additional line getting 15gb for $35 monthly. So that is : 2 Lines (30gb total) for $90 monthly, 3 Lines (45gb total) for $125 monthly, 4 Lines (60gb total) for $160 monthly, and 5 Lines (75gb total) for $195 monthly.

Also, it would be good if instead of throttling internet as the standard for overage usage, while it could remain as an option for those who want it, they offer an inexpensive per gb overage option of either $2 or $3 per gb.

Woah! They're calling for you? They gave me the phone to call customer service one time in their store.

In my experience, the first rule of a Sprint stores is  "always always always be a new customer".  B)

Realistically, I've been a Sprint subscriber since 2007. But when I still went to stores, I'd usually port my numbers out for a little bit before going in. That way, when I enter a Sprint store I am always a "new customer / new line". It's (comparatively) glorious : 

- The rep gets credit towards their quota,

- I get the fair price on whatever new thing their advertising, even if it "doesn't apply to existing customers"

- The sales rep is slightly more likely to care about everything working okay (since their quota is on the line)

- The "computers" are less likely to be "down"

Just remember to call into support afterwards and remove TEP, and your home clear.

• Like 1

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150813/carriers/att-trumps-t-mobile-verizon-and-sprint-in-purchasing-satisfaction-tag2

Sprint continued last place for "purchasing satisfaction". I'll be honest, I avoid local Sprint stores (corporate and non-corporate owned) at ALL costs. They are absolutely horrible to deal with. They always have computer problems. It easily takes over an hour to upgrade your phone in store. Every time I walk in a Sprint store, they add insurance to my line without my permission. Buying on tele-sales or online is a much better experience.

Used to be this way in my area (Richmond, VA), too. However, I now frequent 2 corporate stores (Short Pump and Midlothian, for any locals) that do an absolutely outstanding job - used to suck but they really turned it around. A third corporate store (Willow Lawn, for locals) is still absolutely abysmal.

My attempt to upgrade to an iPhone 6 at a corporate store on release day last year was one of the final nails in the coffin for my relationship with Sprint.

I have noted this many times before, my area is one of those areas where there are no good Sprint stores. My local contact in Sprint National Retail indicated the same thing about that in her subtle ways. She says around here your best places to go for sprint are Best Buy, Target and other similar kiosks.

• Like 1

It looks like Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T now have comparable setups of family share plans with different sized buckets and line access fees, etc.

I had some time to blow today and decided to build a comparison spreadsheet to highlight some the different bucket sizes with line fees and costs for 2, 3, 4, and X number of lines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RNAKspxIBAiQotHFJBhmV0TC2xxBO-_00lef6Qb_hLA/edit?usp=sharing

You can edit the green box to include more than 4 lines and the far-right corner should reflect the cost.

This spreadsheet includes AT&T's recently announced rate plans.

This based on non-contract, non-subsidized line fees.

This is my first time using Google Spreadsheets so hopefully I set the protection levels properly.

This also does not include T-Mobile because they do not seem to have a shared data plan offer as of right now.

• Like 1

Masa has denounced Sprint ideas as stupid and denounced their "sleepy, Midwestern culture."

$10 Marcelo is pushing for a move to Miami

Especially because its going to be hard to recruit strong candidates into Kansas with the current political team.

• Like 4

$10 Marcelo is pushing for a move to Miami

Especially because its going to be hard to recruit strong candidates into Kansas with the current political team.

Do you mean moving the Sprint corporate HQ to Miami?

If so, then I agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised, since according to some media reports, Marcelo recently met with the mayor of Miami. The media speculated the meeting being about soccer, which was denied. Instead, apparently it was about expanding the Sprint network in Miami, which probably was part of it. However, I suspect more topics being discussed than just a network expansion, since Sprint has regional executives who deal with that.

Such a meeting likely included HQ talks, as that would heavily involved the C.E.O., which in this case is Marcelo Claure. Since he's also very interested in soccer, I imagine it was at least discussed somewhat.

• Like 4

It's been a decent week for Sprints stock 79ff9995cdaee95d41a55600c5cee081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent results at the quarter, stock buy back and incentive pay bonus for management which is all viewed by the market as strong.

I agree. Also the stock has gained back half of what it lost in the last 6 months. Shows that no one cares about third or fourth place in the market.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Didn't the little guy want the HQ on the West Coast so it's closer to Japan? If the merger went through it would've been moved to Bellevue. Miami is going in the wrong direction. Of course we don't even know how long he'll own Sprint at this point so who knows. I would think the Kansas HQ will be gone at some point. 

Didn't the little guy want the HQ on the West Coast so it's closer to Japan? If the merger went through it would've been moved to Bellevue. Miami is going in the wrong direction. Of course we don't even know how long he'll own Sprint at this point so who knows. I would think the Kansas HQ will be gone at some point.

I disagree. The information that has been communicated as well as actions made by management, for me, have not made me believe SoftBank is done with sprint. It has strengthened my belief that Masa wants to see through. See my above post about the current stock price.

• Like 3

Masa would move the top level people to San Carlos where he's at a good chunk of the time before Miami. In fact, Sprint and SoftBank already downsized presence there after it became clear T-Mobile wouldn't happen any time in the foreseeable future.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/japans-softbank-downsizes-presence-in-silicon-valley-1428465947

I disagree. The information that has been communicated as well as actions made by management, for me, have not made me believe SoftBank is done with sprint. It has strengthened my belief that Masa wants to see through. See my above post about the current stock price.

Maybe he'll keep it or maybe he'll patch it up to where he can sell it. Only time will tell.  I don't really care about the stock as I prefer not to own shares that trade in the low single digits. Too risky for me. They are there for a reason and history shows they rarely recover and are prone to being wiped out in a reorganization. If you think you can figure out patterns to trade it and make money good for you. 

Maybe he'll keep it or maybe he'll patch it up to where he can sell it. Only time will tell. I don't really care about the stock as I prefer not to own shares that trade in the low single digits. Too risky for me. They are there for a reason and history shows they rarely recover and are prone to being wiped out in a reorganization. If you think you can figure out patterns to trade it and make money good for you.

Being as I am in management of a public accounting firm, I am precluded from owning shares especially on audit clients. Sprint is one so no dice to me. However I wasn't merely saying invest but look how the price has recovered due to the actions taken by SB and sprint.

After seeing Son was disinterested for a while, I'm glad Marcelo has been in place. He's lowered churn and stopped the bleeding of customers while actually coming above analyst expectations this quarter. Sprint lease is the first program T-Mobile copied with Jump On Demand.

I only wish he'd have been in there on day 1 and we wouldn't have had the wild goose chase for T-Mobile.

• Like 6

I don't really care about the stock as I prefer not to own shares that trade in the low single digits. Too risky for me. They are there for a reason and history shows they rarely recover and are prone to being wiped out in a reorganization.

A few years ago, Ford Motor Company (F) and Bank of America (BAC) were trading in the single digits. :P

• Like 5

A few years ago, Ford Motor Company (F) and Bank of America (BAC) were trading in the single digits. :P

Then by all means load up!! It's just not for me. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's risky. And Bank of America received a massive bailout from the Feds. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, as an employee of an "Authorized Retailer" I always take offense when people make this argument. I have been here since Nextel (remember the $30 phone swaps?) and I have always strived to provide the best experience available in my market.

I'm not trying to down play your experiences, just wanted to speak up for all the reps out there that actually give a s*** about you.

I usually have a great experience from the authorized retailer I go to. I usually go back to the same rep if I can, I know she does what she can to make the in store experience good. The only time I use telesales or buy online is when its not available in store like when I bought the LivePro. I'm not in phone sales, but I do field services and I couldn't agree with you more. Repeat customers are one of the most important things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been reading a lot about both AT&T's and Verizon's new pricing plans, which I suspect that T-Mobile and/or Sprint will respond with a new per gb pricing plan sometime in September, after a few weeks at least of figuring out what they are going to do. Granted, they both recently updated them with promotions, but now that AT&T and Verizon have responded with their own new plans, granted they still aren't as good if deals as what T-Mobile and Sprint are offering, it is closer to that.

I think both T-Mobile and Sprint ought to work on a better per gb option for individual lines. While I'd like to see it at 15gb for $45 monthly , I realize that probably is too low for a single line this year. So, here is what I'm thinking, and yes, it is another one of my lovely rate plan ideas.

I think T-Mobile and Sprint ought to offer an individual line with 15gb for $55 monthly, with each additional line getting 15gb for $35 monthly. So that is : 2 Lines (30gb total) for $90 monthly, 3 Lines (45gb total) for $125 monthly, 4 Lines (60gb total) for $160 monthly, and 5 Lines (75gb total) for $195 monthly.

Also, it would be good if instead of throttling internet as the standard for overage usage, while it could remain as an option for those who want it, they offer an inexpensive per gb overage option of either $2 or $3 per gb.

Sprint should bring back my way and all in

My way is individual all in would be family share.

Use access fees for starting prices, and charge per gb.

The more you use the cheaper the gigs..

The could kill advertising by giving people the choice to control their bills.

Similar to google...

Sprint should bring back my way and all in

My way is individual all in would be family share.

Use access fees for starting prices, and charge per gb.

The more you use the cheaper the gigs..

The could kill advertising by giving people the choice to control their bills.

Similar to google...

I'm not sure you know the scope of Sprint's campus in Overland Park. It's huge. You can bet that Overland Park, Kansas City and the state of Kansas will put up a fight if Sprint even thinks about relocating. 

• Like 9

I'm not sure you know the scope of Sprint's campus in Overland Park. It's huge. You can bet that Overland Park, Kansas City and the state of Kansas will put up a fight if Sprint even thinks about relocating.

I know it's big but what are they going to do? Hold them hostage? I live in New Jersey. We've seen huge campuses come and go. Mostly go as of late. If Softbank wants to leave or scale down they will do it no matter what the state says. All they can do is offer financial incentives but that's not the issue in this case. It's the location.

• Like 3