Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I can't wait until I see these news reports in the morning over this. Regardless to the T-Mobile die hard sprint is still trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/blog/special-reports/2015-1h-national-us#performance-across-the-50-states

Here's the full report. The only area where Sprint appreciably lagged T-Mobile was network speed, and I suspect that's why you see such a large deviation between RootMetrics and Ookla. Ookla only measures network speed. But even still, the Root tests seem to have AT&T ahead of T-Mobile on network speed where on Ookla, crowdsourced data tests that are white listed on T-Mobile but not on other carriers.

• Like 2

Root metrics needs to have a test to see how often carriers drop to 3g /etc when the phone is in your pocket.

T-Mobile would lose that test in St. Louis... can't speak for other metro areas. 

• Like 2

I don't want to gloat too much because there's still work to do to catch up to Verizon and the Death Star. That said, Sprint's network definitely doesn't suck any more. For the US to have four strong competitors, Sprint and T-Mobile have to challenge in all corners. 

Maybe T-Mobile's rural results will improve with their buildout for H2, but even still, there's areas where I drop because 1900 MHz LTE simply isn't strong enough. 700 MHz will mean they'll have improvement for H2 in the rural areas. 

• Like 2

9f60c6807aabc511f52e8dbb7c1e3be3.jpg

T-Mobile was the only provider to regress in overall performance. Yikes.

Wow.  Sprint's closer to AT&T than T-Mobile is to Sprint. haha

EDIT: For comparison, these were the last half results.

ye.PNG

• Like 6

THE HYPE FOR THE NEXT HALF AND 2016 AS A WHOLE IS SO UNREAL.

The network is BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

We have densification WITHIN BREATHING DISTANCE

And we still got dirt cheap unlimited without the deprioritization nonsense

CAN WE ALL GIVE IT UP FOR SPRINT? Cause I NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED TO BE A SUB

• Like 6

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3henlw/rootmetrics_first_half_2015_tmobile_last_in/

Here's where we see what excuses pour in. We've already got "those phones don't have B12" what else makes it in the pool? The iPhone didn't have B12 but that didn't stop it selling on T-Mobile. It didn't stop John Legere pushing it. By all indications he uses the 6 Plus as his primary device. So there's your CEO, not using a B12 device as his driver.

• Like 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3henlw/rootmetrics_first_half_2015_tmobile_last_in/

Here's where we see what excuses pour in. We've already got "those phones don't have B12" what else makes it in the pool?

And it starts. Here's my thing. T-Mobile went down slightly in score. Regardless if they didn't have b12 in all markets or didn't have a b12 phone their score should not have changed. It went down instead.

• Like 5

Pretty nice indication that Sprint is continuing at the right direction  speed wise. 

Speed specifics

In this round of testing, Sprint’s speeds at both the slower and faster ends of the spectrum improved.

Specifically, Sprint decreased the number of markets in which it recorded median download speeds between 0-5 Mbps, while registering improvement in the 5-10 and 10-20 Mbps ranges.

Putting the two speed tiers together, Sprint recorded median download speeds faster than 5 Mbps in 94 out of 125 metros in this test period, an increase from 66 in second-half testing.These improved speeds helped Sprint earn four first-place finishes on the Network Speed Index (one outright) in the first half of 2015, compared to zero in the last test period.

Although Sprint didn’t record median download speeds above 20 Mbps in any market in this test period, the improved reliability and speed results are good news for consumers, and perhaps a harbinger of even better things to come.

• Like 14

Pretty nice indication that Sprint is going at the right direction now speed wise.

And there wasn't 2xCA on those tests. At least not to my knowledge. Now it's time to start busting arse on the small cells and expanding coverage.

• Like 4

THE HYPE FOR THE NEXT HALF AND 2016 AS A WHOLE IS SO UNREAL.

The network is BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER

We have densification WITHIN BREATHING DISTANCE

And we still got dirt cheap unlimited without the deprioritization nonsense

CAN WE ALL GIVE IT UP FOR SPRINT? Cause I NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED TO BE A SUB

I live in a market with of b26 but two b25 carriers and plenty of b41 live, for the most part the experience is good. The best sprint has been in years. If they improve site spacing and launch b26 the service will be stellar, not to mention CA, small cells and all the rest of the improvement sprint has around the Corner.
  • Like 3

And there wasn't 2xCA on those tests. At least not to my knowledge. Now it's time to start busting arse on the small cells and expanding coverage.

Should be quite nice when they test with 2xCA enabled devices. Should help bump up the epeen score quite a lot. 

• Like 4