Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Now they need to tweak that coverage map and the MySprint page.

If by "tweak" you mean throw the map out the window, let it crash to the ground and get run over by a steamroller and marching band, then yes, I completely agree.

• Like 13

Counterpoints:  the $350 2013 Nexus 5 and $400 2015 Moto X.

AJ

Totally agree. After I bought my Nexus 5 I realized that a good phone doesnt mean it has to be a $600 phone these days. The new Moto G is actually looking incredible for the price point it is at ($219 for the 16 GB model? Review here

)

I look forward to the new Nexus 5 that is coming out too.

• Like 6

Totally agree. After I bought my Nexus 5 I realized that a good phone doesnt mean it has to be a $600 phone these days. The new Moto G is actually looking incredible for the price point it is at ($219 for the 16 GB model? Review here

)

Too bad the new Moto G is prepaid only

I know we will never find out...but I wonder what the margins on a flagship vs budget device are? Like a Galaxy S6 vs a Galaxy Prime? Or even what the Moto G is.

Both have pretty good margins, especially what you think the margins for tea would be but aren't.

)

Best reviewer on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Counterpoints:  the $350 2013 Nexus 5 and $400 2015 Moto X.

AJ

Not sure what this is supposed to be countering, there have always been cheaper phones available for consumers to purchase.

If you are suggesting 'quality' phones at cheaper prices is some kind of counter point, I submit that would have happened regardless of subsidization or lack thereof.

My point still stands, unless a user extends their phones life over 2+ years, current non-subsidized plans are at best minimally more expensive, to at worst a lot more expensive.

• Like 2

What I found is that for me, buying an S5, it was cheaper to be on the contract than to be on Easy Pay, but not by a lot.  Had I, instead, bought a cheaper phone, Easy Pay would have been the cheaper option.

- Trip

• Like 1

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/how-verizon-att-t-mobile-and-sprint-stacked-q2-2015?confirmation=123

Fierce, registration may be required. Deals with a lot of the nonsense that Sprint is sticking with contract plans. They really aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok everyone that loves iphones needs to see this..... e791c07e34c5de177c30a612212a7b61.jpg

I said to myself I wasn't going to get another iPhone through sprint because it was a headache trying to unlock it but this is kinda inciting. I just wish they would extend the date into October.

Edited by derrph

Ok everyone that loves iphones needs to see this..... e791c07e34c5de177c30a612212a7b61.jpg

This makes my brain hurt. So if you want a new iPhone each year, you are doling out $264 over the course of a year for that ability (plus it's not 'your' phone?)

Vs paying $200 for a phone on a 2 year 'contract' and then you 'own' the phone?

I always do the 2 year contract thing, and frankly have not looked into the other options. Guess I should research more...?

• Like 1

This makes my brain hurt. So if you want a new iPhone each year, you are doling out $264 over the course of a year for that ability (plus it's not 'your' phone?)

I always do the 2 year contract thing, and frankly have not looked into the other options. Guess I should research more...?

My favorite deal was the $1 per month iPhone loyalty lease thru Best Buy. Sure, I'm still on a contract plan (ED1500 with unlimited bonus minutes!) but I'm only paying 24 bucks in total over 2 years for the phone. AND they never charged me an activation fee! [emoji41]

Everything else just seems like highway robbery to me now.

• Like 6

My favorite deal was the $1 per month iPhone loyalty lease thru Best Buy. Sure, I'm still on a contract plan (ED1500 with unlimited bonus minutes!) but I'm only paying 24 bucks in total over 2 years for the phone. AND they never charged me an activation fee! [emoji41]

Everything else just seems like highway robbery to me now.

If they do this with the 6s, I'll be getting that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

Can you end the lease early without a penalty? If you return the phone of course.

From what I was told Sunday in the store, you can end a lease at any time by paying off all remaining payments plus the buyout price, which still doesn't let you keep the device. You have to give it back, but you'll again be upgrade eligible. You can't, however, just give back the device at anytime and get a new device without paying.

Am I the only one confused about this Sprint affiliate lingo? Why don't Shentel and Sorint just merge?

Maybe it's just me, but I want to see them remain separate companies.  I think Shentel has generally done a much better job of being competitive with the duopoly and completing their build-outs in a timely fashion.  If Shentel became a part of Sprint, is there any guarantee they would continue to do that?

- Trip

• Like 7

From what I was told Sunday in the store, you can end a lease at any time by paying off all remaining payments plus the buyout price, which still doesn't let you keep the device. You have to give it back, but you'll again be upgrade eligible. You can't, however, just give back the device at anytime and get a new device without paying.

That's not how it works. If you pay the "buy out" price, you get to keep the phone.

I'm guessing Sprint will stop offering phone subsidies on contract in the very near future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/3giqzx/sprint_may_be_next_in_line_to_cut_2year_contracts/

That's not how it works. If you pay the "buy out" price, you get to keep the phone.

There are two options to get out of a lease. 

You can buy out the lease, which is just the remaining lease payments, and return the phone.  Or you can buy out the lease (the remaining payments) plus pay the purchase option fee which is the fee you would pay at the end of the lease term to keep the phone.  If you pay both of those, the phone is yours. 

For example, say you have 12 mo left on a $20 a mo lease.  To just end the lease early and turn the phone in, you would pay $240.  To End the lease early and keep the phone, you would pay $240 plus the $200 purchase option fee = $440.

• Like 1