Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Back on topic, did anyone see the new Sprint prepaid plans with rollover data? They are referring to it as "rolling data".

Seems to be a best buy only. Seems like sprint likes to screw over its own employees with alot of the promos.
  • Like 3

Seems to be a best buy only. Seems like sprint likes to screw over its own employees with alot of the promos.

this would have been a good promo to get people out to some of the new 'sprintshack' stores.

• Like 1

Are retail folks given an incentive to sell Sprint Prepaid? I think it's a good offer for a single channel; if I'm not mistaken, Virgin Mobile is only available in Walmart right?

this would have been a good promo to get people out to some of the new 'sprintshack' stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something like that once all the SprintShacks are up and running.

• Like 2

I manage a corp sprint shack and what i read was only best buy.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something like that once all the SprintShacks are up and running.

Are retail folks given an incentive to sell Sprint Prepaid? I think it's a good offer for a single channel; if I'm not mistaken, Virgin Mobile is only available in Walmart right?

It is paid the same as a post paid activation but thid month Sprint at Radio shack reps get an extra $10 spiff.

Does this count?  A COB (cell on balloon):

Am I just tired or is this real. Am I gullible. I cant tell if this is photo shopped. LOL

• Like 1

Am I just tired or is this real. Am I gullible. I cant tell if this is photo shopped. LOL

Rule #1.  If it's on the Internet it MUST be real!

Except in this case.  Sadly.

• Like 2

So Sprint has gotten approval on its network funding plan.  

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-gets-ok-softbank-move-ahead-network-densification-plan/2015-06-03

Sprint (NYSE: S) has received approval from parent company SoftBank to proceed with its massive network densification program, the carrier confirmed.

"Sprint has developed an approved network plan in partnership with SoftBank that will allow for a cost-effective network build on an accelerated timeline," Sprint spokeswoman Adrienne Norton told FierceWireless.

• Like 14

Cool. Correct me if I am wrong but this will be the first massive network plan under Marcelo?

And people said that SoftBank is not standing behind sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Cool. Correct me if I am wrong but this will be the first massive network plan under Marcelo?

And people said that SoftBank is not standing behind sprint.

I do believe so. I mean Marcelo came in during the NV upgrade but he has been the one to finish it, not start and implement it. I see good things with this.

• Like 4

I do believe so. I mean Marcelo came in during the NV upgrade but he has been the one to finish it, not start and implement it. I see good things with this.

Ok. So now we are going to see how Marcelo will carry out a network plan buildout and how long it will take.

• Like 1

I like the accelerated timeline point!

I hope 18 to 24 months is enough time though - that fiercewireless article mentioned Sprint was still in RFP process. Knowing how long it took to work on just 1 tower in NV, I'm not sure Sprint can add ~20k sites to its network in 2 years.

• Like 1

The Tempest, Act 2, Scene I

"(And by that destiny) to perform an act, Whereof what's past is prologue; what to come, In yours and my discharge." 

I'm hoping this isn't true, but you know everyone else is thinking this.

• Like 2

I like the accelerated timeline point!

I hope 18 to 24 months is enough time though - that fiercewireless article mentioned Sprint was still in RFP process. Knowing how long it took to work on just 1 tower in NV, I'm not sure Sprint can add ~20k sites to its network in 2 years.

It'd be more like 9,000 new sites. The rest are conversions from Clearwire, IIRC.

EDIT: Biggest delay was fiber backhaul, which most sites have now. Also, there is no more rip and replace. Sprint set itself up for simplicity when it comes to future upgrades. The rest of the carriers are broadcasting a lot of their network on a lot older equipment and will soon find themselves in need of a complete rip and replace.

• Like 4