Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/wireless-carriers-may-hesitate-partner-firstnet-analysts-say/2015-06-01

If sprint won't bid on 10x10 of 600 because softb would rather spend money on video games

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/01/us-softbank-supercell-idUSKBN0OH23H20150601

then is b14 a viable alternative? Beggars can't be choosers.

This is a pretty stupid statement. Investments are meant to improve a companies profitability by generating a return. Unless the investment tanks there no reason why this would impact what SoftBank could do with the 600 MHz auction.

• Like 1

The words "KIA" or "Hyundai" were poison at one point, now they are a force to be reckoned with.

As Sprint continues to improve, consumers will forget their past..

Exactly, I used to think KIA was a Middle to low end car. But now, it is on par with Lexus' quality. I hope Sprint can change their brand image faster, but it takes time.

• Like 1

It's a perpetual license, not 15 year like in Europe so it's basically impossible to overpay. If duo are willing to pay a certain price then softb should be

A Google query on "softb" brings up mostly softball, nothing on SoftBank.  maximus, you will start writing out "SoftBank," not "softy" or "softb."  Otherwise, staff will hide any of your offending posts.  You will lose the satisfaction that you crave.

AJ

• Like 12

A Google query on "softb" brings up mostly softball, nothing on SoftBank. maximus, you will start writing out "SoftBank," not "softy" or "softb." Otherwise, staff will hide any of your offending posts. You will lose the satisfaction that you crave.

AJ

Here's one for free... Not hard, Maximus.

80b632c1ce8dea2a0f7a67acb9b874b5.jpg

• Like 9

Why are we talking about Sprint not bidding on 600? Because their CFO said they might not. AT&T and VZW said they might not also. Each one of them is throwing a tantrum regarding FCC rules and trying to exert some pressure. Masa will donwhat he wants to do with his money. He has the money to bid in 600 if he so chooses.

My guess is Sprint will hunt down a 5x5 600 piece in markets that one 5x5 B26 carrier will not be enough for VoLTE and fallback data. And that's the minimum of what they need.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Exactly!  They are only going to bid what it takes to achieve their business objectives.

I don't know why everyone is looking at this so awkwardly.  It's not priceless spectrum.  For Sprint, the price point to buy is the cost it would be to deliver the same wireless service with existing spectrum assets.  There is a price which sprint can deliver the exact same service it would plan to deliver with 600MHz spectrum without actually buying it and just adding more cells, adding more carriers, etc.

T-Mobile does the exact same thing.  The reality is, the cost for T-Mobile to deliver the same wireless service with existing spectrum assets is likely much higher since they are primarily AWS-based, thus the 600MHz auction price would be higher for T-Mobile.

Same thing with AT&T/Verizon.  They can split cells, add DAS, pcell, etc.

At the end of the day, carriers will add spectrum resources at a financially responsible price.  What that price is varies by carrier.

• Like 11

Also <I am most likely wrong> but how financially responsible is it to plan 10-15 years down the road - with such a large upfront CAPEX item like the 600MHz spectrum -- when you have more than enough currently?

A Google query on "softb" brings up mostly softball, nothing on SoftBank.  maximus, you will start writing out "SoftBank," not "softy" or "softb."  Otherwise, staff will hide any of your offending posts.  You will lose the satisfaction that you crave.

We generally do not make moderation decisions public, but maximus aka lou99 is on a three day suspension for his argumentative reaction (now hidden) to the "softb" correction.  He previously was asked to stop using the term "softy," so he just shifted to "softb."

I make this announcement because I know that many of you will breathe a sigh of relief at maximus' temporary absence.

AJ

• Like 24

I thought this was the Hello Kitty forum?

People often do confuse S4GRU with Sanrio.

AJ

• Like 2

I just like the Idea of having unlimited data for the fact that I can do whatever, I want without being charged for going over my allowance. So for me its a way to ease my mind from overage fees. If all carriers would get rid of overage fees then I think it is more acceptable. 

• Like 1

And on a completely unrelated note, it feels like daily post activity has dropped like 50% or so sitewide. 

My poor notification indicator can finally relax a bit. ;)

• Like 7

And on a completely unrelated note, it feels like daily post activity has dropped like 50% or so sitewide.

Yes, others have noticed the decline in activity in The Forums.  Unfortunately, the Sprint network has improved so much in most markets that users are now less interested in tracking Network Vision deployment.

;)

AJ

• Like 10

Yes, others have noticed the decline in activity in The Forums.  Unfortunately, the Sprint network has improved so much in most markets that users are now less interested in tracking Network Vision deployment.

;)

AJ

Maybe Robert can update the site header to read, "Network Vision, LTE, WiMAX, and THE Next Generation Network...." May generate more views...

• Like 3

My poor notification indicator can finally relax a bit. ;)

wait there are other threads than - this one? 

• Like 4

I know I commet less because of lou99. I dont need snarky comments and grew tired of incessant posting of useless info.

• Like 5

;)

AJ

Shirley you can't be serious....

• Like 2

Maybe Robert can update the site header to read, "Network Vision, LTE, WiMAX, and THE Next Generation Network...."

S4GRU: The Next Generation

Starring...

S4GRU as Captain Jean-Luc Robert (pronounced "Row-BARE")

WiWavelength as Number One (but haters call him "Number Two")

COZisBack as Cedric La Forge

Trip as Lieutenant Commander TV Data

MacinJosh as Worf

:P

AJ

• Like 6

S4GRU: The Next Generation

Starring...

S4GRU as Captain Jean-Luc Robert (pronounced "Row-BARE")

WiWavelength as Number One (but haters call him "Number Two")

COZisBack as Cedric La Forge

Trip as Lieutenant Commander TV Data

MacinJosh as Worf

:P

AJ

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Like 6

A Google query on "softb" brings up mostly softball, nothing on SoftBank. maximus, you will start writing out "SoftBank," not "softy" or "softb." Otherwise, staff will hide any of your offending posts. You will lose the satisfaction that you crave.

AJ

Any chance of hiding all his posts for a donation?

Seriously

Edit: just caught up with thread. Donation to PERMANENTLY hide his posts?

• Like 5