Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If I switch from ED Family 1500 to the new Family Share 32GB, will Sprint waive the $15/month for my 6 devices currently shared if I add a tablet or mobile broadband device?

Complain on Twitter, they will waive them.

I'm not one to typically watch the Oscars at all, but I've had it on since the start and have seen many Sprint commercials already. I'm kinda surprised to see so many! 

I'm not one to typically watch the Oscars at all, but I've had it on since the start and have seen many Sprint commercials already. I'm kinda surprised to see so many!

I had MTV on tonight for several hours and saw the Narwahls commercial far more times than I cared to! And some other one also, can't remember what it was.

Maybe they're finally increasing their ad presence?

• Like 2

I had MTV on tonight for several hours and saw the Narwahls commercial far more times than I cared to! And some other one also, can't remember what it was.

Maybe they're finally increasing their ad presence?

I thankfully didn't see the Narwahls one, just a lot of the one with Kevin and the one where the Verizon customers are having fun with power tools...  ;)

That's what I'm hoping too!!

Funny cause I wouldn't think that driving just two blocks from where the Oscars are being held And couldn't catch any 4G. This was this Friday, hopefully it was a glitch and got fixed.

Oh ok. That makes sense I guess. I don't really care about data carryover, I just saw that and was wondering which plans have that.

Sprint really needs to modify their lower tier Family Share pack pricing. If you don't need 12GB or more of data, it's overpriced.

How is $90 a month for up to 10 lines overpriced?

How is $90 a month for up to 10 lines overpriced?

Well it's $240 for 10 lines. But for the data portion...if someone doesn't use much data, there is no point in paying for that much data. Verizon is $100 for two lines and 6GB. Obviously, Verizon is awful if you use any more data than that. But Sprint doesn't have any decent lower tier plans yet. Marcelo even tweeted about it not that long ago, that they were looking at new lower tier plans.

What if someone only needs one or two lines? As a new customer, $90 for 12GB of data, or $100 for two lines of unlimited. Seems kind of silly.

• Like 1

Well it's $240 for 10 lines. But for the data portion...if someone doesn't use much data, there is no point in paying for that much data. Verizon is $100 for two lines and 6GB. Obviously, Verizon is awful if you use any more data than that. But Sprint doesn't have any decent lower tier plans yet. Marcelo even tweeted about it not that long ago, that they were looking at new lower tier plans.

What if someone only needs one or two lines? As a new customer, $90 for 12GB of data, or $100 for two lines of unlimited. Seems kind of silly.

A new single line customer would do $50 for unlimited everything on iPhone, or $60 for unlimited everything on any other device.

A new family plan with 2-3 lines would do just fine on the $90 plan.

No, it's $90 for new customers with up to 10 lines. The line fee is waved through March of next year.

Obliviously with two lines unlimited is a better deal, but you start getting into the 5+ line territory and the 12GB deal is better.

A new single line customer would do $50 for unlimited everything on iPhone, or $60 for unlimited everything on any other device.

A new family plan with 2-3 lines would do just fine on the $90 plan.

A new (or existing customer) that doesn't use much data wouldn't do well on the $90 plan. Paying for something they won't use. That was my point. No good options for low data usage customers.

No, it's $90 for new customers with up to 10 lines. The line fee is waved through March of next year.

Obliviously with two lines unlimited is a better deal, but you start getting into the 5+ line territory and the 12GB deal is better.

The 12GB is only a better deal if you need/want that much data. I'm just saying Sprint needs an option for customers that don't use much data. Framily works well for me, so I'll just stick with it for as long as I can. My wife is a stay-at-home mom, so she's on wifi most of the time, uses less than 500MB on average. I have an hour commute to work, and use 10-20GB of data a month. She is on the 1GB line, I have unlimited.

I think it will be harder and harder to find lower options, because at a certain point you're pretty much in prepaid water. Prices are already lowered significantly, so it will be interesting to see what Marcelo and team come up with.

• Like 1

I think it will be harder and harder to find lower options, because at a certain point you're pretty much in prepaid water. Prices are already lowered significantly, so it will be interesting to see what Marcelo and team come up with.

I agree to a certain extent. But...the value in Sprint is diminished when Verizon has two lines for $100 with 6GB of data. Sprint's $10 cheaper, and double the data. If you already aren't using 6GB, Verizon is pretty compelling for their coverage.

I agree to a certain extent. But...the value in Sprint is diminished when Verizon has two lines for $100 with 6GB of data. Sprint's $10 cheaper, and double the data. If you already aren't using 6GB, Verizon is pretty compelling for their coverage.

True, if you're in the market as a new customer, a lot of offers have become quite reasonable across the board. I think we will see some changes in Sprint's pricing, but unfortunately, like anything else, there will be outliers in each direction that won't benefit from Sprint's offerings. 

Sprint has 2 lines for 100 with either 8gb or unlimited.

Btig is not liking sprint

http://www.btigresearch.com/2015/02/23/has-masa-given-up-on-sprint-we-have-downgrading-to-sell/

Free registration

Masa’s apparent willingness to sell 2.5 GHz spectrum, should cause all Sprint owners to question whether he is still committed to making Sprint #1. We also believe investors should start to recognize the differences between Japan and the United States before applying past SoftBank success stories to Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for them. Though it's not quite the tactical nuke you were expecting here, eh? More like a collective yawn. 

You know maxi, it's pretty trollish and childish of you to post a link here trying to get a reaction and then go running back to Piecyk's Twitter feed to snicker like a little schoolgirl. Just sayin'...

• Like 1

Good for them. Though it's not quite the tactical nuke you were expecting here, eh? More like a collective yawn. 

You know maxi, it's pretty trollish and childish of you to post a link here trying to get a reaction and then go running back to Piecyk's Twitter feed to snicker like a little schoolgirl. Just sayin'...

couldn't selling some 2.5 help fund the upcoming 600 spectrum wars?  Or maybe help ease a buy offer for Dish?