Official Airave Thread

If the problem started suddenly without you moving your unit to a new location and now two different units are having the same problem, it makes me wonder if something in your area is jamming/interfering with your GPS frequencies.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

I figure out why. It is trees!! They were right outside the window. In winter, they have no leaf so that I get a clea sky. But when leafs were all out, they block my sky view.

Short answer is...Yes, the Airave needs to be placed near a window.

My in-law's Airave 2.5 has an external GPS antenna with a very long cord. It can be placed right inside the window while the Airave is deeper inside the home. Check the box, they most likely all shipped with this cord.

My in-law's Airave 2.5 has an external GPS antenna with a very long cord. It can be placed right inside the window while the Airave is deeper inside the home. Check the box, they most likely all shipped with this cord.

They also have a longer GPS antenna cord available if the included one is too short. It's about double what was included, just have to call and ask for it.

I figure out why. It is trees!! They were right outside the window. In winter, they have no leaf so that I get a clea sky. But when leafs were all out, they block my sky view.

You already have trees unfurling their leaves as far north as Walla Walla?

• 3 weeks later...

The 12v power supply on my Airave 2.5 died and I called in to see if I could get a replacement adapter. Instead they ordered me a replacement Airave 2.5+. The new unit looks the same, but it has some improvements over the 2.5 model. It acquires a GPS and network lock much faster (within a minute or so of first being powered up) and more importantly runs a lot cooler. The 2.5+ uses the same 2A power supply but it's either more power efficient or just has a better heatsink.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question - I was wondering if airaves supported 1xA and if so on which bands. Does anyone know?

I don't know if the Airave supports 1xA, but I do know it doesn't support HD calling. It also only uses PCS.

Okay...so I could use some help here...

I have an Airave, and my current smartphone is a Nexus 6.

For the past several weeks, I have my phone completely refuses to connect to the Airave, even with the phone toggled to 3G Only.

My Nexus 6 seems to be determined to connect to a Sprint site several miles away.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to get my Nexus 6 to connect to the Airave.