Coverage maps updated to 7/23

dkyeager

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=SJS:HE:Cov

Looks like Pittsburgh will officially launch within hours.  Check your local areas.

• Like 2

Just saw that dakeshon in Pittsburgh already spotted this: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/user/5682-dakeshon/

None of the Ohio sites in the Pittsburgh Market appear to be included except East Liverpool area.

• Like 1

Add Eau Claire,  WI and Fargo, ND to the list (possibly)

• Like 1

Part of the Washington DC market as well.

Surprised Columbus didn't make the cut. Most cities would have launched with the number of completed sites there.

I love the hard lines on the official map. Looks like our friends in Montgomery County, MD are getting the 'official' love embrace from Sprint corporate. Northern Virginia (within the Beltway) shouldn't be too far behind.

Not much love for the West of the Nation.

Go East, young man.

AJ

Now official. Announced with financial results. We missed Buffalo NY

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

I think they are saving Columbus and Cincinnati to announce further network technology advances.

• Like 1

I think they are saving Columbus and Cincinnati to announce further network technology advances.

Let's hope... Maybe we go live with sprint b41 first!

Let's hope... Maybe we go live with sprint b41 first!

Unless Vegas showed up on the map today with LTE, it seems Vegas will be this way too. Launch with full Spark off the bat.

• Like 1

Unless Vegas showed up on the map today with LTE, it seems Vegas will be this way too. Launch with full Spark off the bat.

I like the idea of that. Ideally they'd launch Vegas with full Band 25, 26 and 41 coverage. Unfortunately, a certain California county is taking their sweet time vacating spectrum so our Band 26 is on hold.  :fight: 

Regardless, IMO they have to finish their work along The Strip and at McCarran Airport to make the launch credible, still too many brown dots in those two areas. I imagine we'll get there eventually.

I like the idea of that. Ideally they'd launch Vegas with full Band 25, 26 and 41 coverage. Unfortunately, a certain California county is taking their sweet time vacating spectrum so our Band 26 is on hold. :fight:

Regardless, IMO they have to finish their work along The Strip and at McCarran Airport to make the launch credible, still too many brown dots in those two areas. I imagine we'll get there eventually.

True, the DAS systems are in the most strategic areas of Las Vegas, and they are also the last to be upgraded, but hopefully soon.

• Like 1

I have a new LG G3. According to Sprint's coverage maps, I live in an area that has Spark. Great I thought. Turned off my stupid Airave yesterday to test and up popped the LTE and Spark icons. Yay! However today I turned the Airave off and was rewarded with crappy 3G only. I feel lied to. Sprint's maps tell me I am in a Spark "Best" area, but.... I've been a loyal customer for nearly 13 years but this is ridiculous. Needing an Airave isn't their fault-my stupid landlord did major renovations when he moved in and whatever he did blocked our reception big time. We went from no issues to being on roaming most of the time. (Once we went outside, reception was fine). Now with the Airave turned off we get 3-4 bars but only 3G?

Anyway, why did I have LTE and Spark yesterday but now can't connect to anything but 3G? I haven't changed anything. I asked for info on my area from other NYC area folks but my post was ignored. Haven't had the chance to venture out with my phone yet due to being under the weather, but I hope to get better news when I do.

I really can't complain that much. This phone is still a huge improvement over the horrid Galaxy Nexus I upgraded from-that was by far the worst phone I've ever had.

Edited by S4GRU
Moved from unique thread to a coverage thread

To fully utilize Spark you have to be able to be able to connect to 800, 1900 and 2500 Mhz signals.  The 2500 has issues penetrating dense areas.  So from you say about your landlord doing renovations that have butchered your signal, it sounds like 2500 would be unable to make it through the building materials.  Also Sprint maps are designed for street level signals which is why when you go outside you get what you see on the maps.  Obviously if you have an Airave you have broadband internet and most likely wifi.  That being said it is always suggested that you use wifi when available instead of the cellular signal so that you aren't unnessecarily hogging bandwidth on apps that use more ie; Netflix, that you could be using wifi for.

I have a new LG G3. According to Sprint's coverage maps, I live in an area that has Spark. Great I thought. Turned off my stupid Airave yesterday to test and up popped the LTE and Spark icons. Yay! However today I turned the Airave off and was rewarded with crappy 3G only. I feel lied to. Sprint's maps tell me I am in a Spark "Best" area, but.... I've been a loyal customer for nearly 13 years but this is ridiculous. Needing an Airave isn't their fault-my stupid landlord did major renovations when he moved in and whatever he did blocked our reception big time. We went from no issues to being on roaming most of the time. (Once we went outside, reception was fine). Now with the Airave turned off we get 3-4 bars but only 3G?

Anyway, why did I have LTE and Spark yesterday but now can't connect to anything but 3G? I haven't changed anything. I asked for info on my area from other NYC area folks but my post was ignored. Haven't had the chance to venture out with my phone yet due to being under the weather, but I hope to get better news when I do.

I really can't complain that much. This phone is still a huge improvement over the horrid Galaxy Nexus I upgraded from-that was by far the worst phone I've ever had.

Yes, Sprint's LTE coverage maps are awful.  They are not good representatives of LTE coverage.  This is true of most providers.  Verizon LTE only works in the dark red area of their maps.  In my area, AT&T LTE shows as starting in one spot, but actually won't have a strong enough signal until 8-10 miles into the signal shown.  And that's even outdoors.  And Sprint maps are just not very good to tell exactly where you will get a signal.  Only more in the broad sense of where general Sprint has launched service.

With all that being said, Sprint Spark service requires an underlying technology called eCSFB.  Sprint is currently working on that technology as they have had some issues with it.  It sounds like to me if you had LTE yesterday, but don't today, Sprint is probably working on eCSFB.  When it is back up and running, your device will then be able to use LTE without any issue.  It's also possible that LTE is just out in your area.

If your LTE does not come back in the next 24 hours or so, I'd call Sprint and open up a trouble ticket.  However, insist on getting the Ticket #.  If they don't give you a ticket number, then they probably didn't write one up.

Best of luck.

Robert

• Like 3

To fully utilize Spark you have to be able to be able to connect to 800, 1900 and 2500 Mhz signals.  The 2500 has issues penetrating dense areas.  So from you say about your landlord doing renovations that have butchered your signal, it sounds like 2500 would be unable to make it through the building materials.  Also Sprint maps are designed for street level signals which is why when you go outside you get what you see on the maps.  Obviously if you have an Airave you have broadband internet and most likely wifi.  That being said it is always suggested that you use wifi when available instead of the cellular signal so that you aren't unnessecarily hogging bandwidth on apps that use more ie; Netflix, that you could be using wifi for.

You'd think in this day and age carriers could figure out to provide consistent service indoors. :)  Yes I have broadband and WiFi. I have never used Netflix on my phone. Any streaming I do is done on my iPad or Roku. It's just a better viewing experience.

Thank you for the info you provided, it was very useful!

You'd think in this day and age carriers could figure out to provide consistent service indoors. :) Yes I have broadband and WiFi. I have never used Netflix on my phone. Any streaming I do is done on my iPad or Roku. It's just a better viewing experience.

Thank you for the info you provided, it was very useful!

They can do that with small cells. But, part of the issue is probably also with Sprint not yet deploying Band 26 LTE which is on lower 800 MHz signal in your neck of the woods.

Now with the Airave turned off we get 3-4 bars but only 3G?

As long as you get decent native (not roaming) 1x recpetion inside the house, you shouldn't need the airrave if your phones all can use wifi for their data. Airraves are really only useful for providing a 3G connection. They are never going to make an LTE airrave because it would simply be easier/cheeper to do wifi callilng.

They can do that with small cells. But, part of the issue is probably also with Sprint not yet deploying Band 26 LTE which is on lower 800 MHz signal in your neck of the woods.

I'm on Staten Island (a boro of NYC). Do you know what the real LTE/Spark situation is here? The coverage maps on Sprint.com say everything is wonderful but I am not sure.

I'm on Staten Island (a boro of NYC). Do you know what the real LTE/Spark situation is here? The coverage maps on Sprint.com say everything is wonderful but I am not sure.

There is some Spark available, mostly in the northern portion of Staten Island but for the most part, Sprint will be putting 8T8R equipment on Sprint sites to make Spark be across all of Staten Island. LTE in general is pretty widespread throughout Staten Island. There are only a few spots here and there without LTE coverage.

Never trust the coverage maps from Sprint's website.

• Like 1

Or trust any other carrier's coverage maps. However sprint does shortchange itself in new areas by waiting so long to include them.