Sprint Schedules 2Q 2014 Earnings Release

marioc21

If those numbers turn out to be true there will likely be a lot of sprint hate coming out of the woodwork. It shouldn't change the company's direction but it will get nationwide media attention.

Other brands have suffered and come out positive on the other end though...Domino's, Netflix, Best Buy. I think Sprint will be strong because they are putting effort and money into the things that matter...Network, price, and advertising.

• Like 1

Sprint barely has any tablets besides the ipads the mid range tab 3 and low end 3g tablet. They should be embarrassed how much their tablet game sucks.

Not much, ive seen a huge drop off of tablet sales in my area, so many that would take the free tab 3 offer already have it. Plus we get paid half as much commission on them now so reps have less incentive to push them.

Ive seen my tablet sales drop from 30-40 month i did all winter and spring drop to 13 last month and 5 so far in july.

• Like 2

The good news is low expectations can lead to out performing expectations more easily.

That being said, nobody will care who is on another carrier until they are convinced sprint has it's network fixed. It'll take 800 and spark deployments to be far and wide before that tide seriously turns. Good news though is that they're putting in the effort.

Sprints problem is perception. I have coworkers that absolutely hate sprint and won't recommend it due to past experiences despite my insistence that this isn't your grandpas network anymore and is only getting better.

• Like 2

More network for us!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately there comes a point where we need more of us to sustain said network :( 

• Like 4

Unfortunately there comes a point where we need more of us to sustain said network :(

Ehh, I'm willing to see how low we can go! Limbo time!!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Ebb and flow, gentlemen, ebb and flow.

AJ

Sprint expected to report a loss of 900,000 subscribers for the second quarter

Some Highlights

For some time now, Sprint has blamed the upgrading of its network for the drop in its subscriber rolls. While the mobile operator is finishing the Network Vision update, poor quality service has led large numbers of subscribers to bolt. The trio of Jefferies analysts say that the loss of nearly 900,000 subscribers for the quarter will be among the worst in company history.

The good news is that Sprint could be finished with the modernization of its network by the middle of the year. And once it is done, churn will improve, says the carrier. Sprint has numbers to back that up. In markets where it is 70% complete with the network upgrades, churn has returned to pre-upgrade levels. And in markets where all of the work has ended, churn has dropped below the pre-upgrade level. Thus, Sprint is comfortable with predictions that customer growth will return in the last two quarters of the year.

over the past couple of years, the fundamental investment thesis for Sprint shares has hinged on future operational improvements. We believe investors are growing increasingly fatigued with the network improvement story, and will begin to assign a more discounted valuation to the shares. In addition, we stress that executing yet another turnaround is increasingly difficult, and will likely take longer as scale erodes and competition intensifies.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-expected-to-report-a-loss-of-900000-subscribers-for-the-second-quarter_id58646

Good to see that churn is dropping in markets that are mostly complete with upgrades.

I don't even pay attention to those anymore.  I just like to tell myself it is 12 year olds on summer vacation with nothing better to do. 

But the sad part is its adults....Well at least their age means they're adults, does not mean they behave like one.

• Like 2

And in markets where all of the work has ended, churn has dropped below the pre-upgrade level.

and what exactly are those markets that 'work has ended', meaning 100% complete (not including nv2, and not 'substantially' complete)?

Sprint expected to report a loss of 900,000 subscribers for the second quarter

Some Highlights

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-expected-to-report-a-loss-of-900000-subscribers-for-the-second-quarter_id58646

Good to see that churn is dropping in markets that are mostly complete with upgrades.

I am hoping that Sprint shares have already hit the floor ($7.60-$7.80) factoring in bad sentiment. If the numbers surprise positively, then the price should be back to $9 in August.

900k subscribers lost? Time to tell my money guy to get a buy order ready for S when the street loses it's mind.

In chaos, opportunity. Or something like that...

• Like 2

900k subscribers lost? Time to tell my money guy to get a buy order ready for S when the street loses it's mind.

In chaos, opportunity. Or something like that...

"Chaos is an escalator."

• Like 1

I just care about the Network info from the earnings call TBQH. I really don't care about anything else. Last year we found out they were taking the clearwire spectrum nationwide, hopefully we find out if sprint surpassed their goal of LTE covering 250 million POPs, more info on international wifi calling, and 8t8r deployment.

We know carrier aggregation is coming q3/q4 and volte sometime next year (possibility)

EDIT: Also if they can touch base on their new trial plans

Also if they can touch based on the trial plans as well.

You should know that you have the ability to Edit your recent posts.

There's no need to make a new post just to add-on to your former.

EDIT: (example) touch on your post. You'll see two options (if applicable) EDIT. And QUOTE.

Edited by EmeraldReporter

You should know that you have the ability to Edit your recent posts.

There's no need to make a new post just to add-on to your former.

EDIT: (example) touch on your post. You'll see two options (if applicable) EDIT. And QUOTE.

Done ^.^

I hope Charlotte gets launched official Spark. The B41 overly is pretty much done on regular monopole-type sites. There are only a few odd stealth and hard-to-permit sites that don't have 8T8R stuff.