Sprint Schedules 2Q 2014 Earnings Release

marioc21

Can we have a live chat get-together?

Sort of like how podcasters have live comment streams.

Let's all meet up in the S4GRU chatroom at 5:30AM PST sharp!

I'll try to stop by as soon as I can, but I've got XC practice tomorrow.

Oh, and for my fellow EST peeps, that's 8:30 AM.

• Like 2

It's out early! http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-reports-results-for-first-fiscal-quarter-of-2014.htm

• Network deployment reaches key milestones
      • 3G and voice network rip and replace largely complete
      • 4G LTE coverage expands to approximately 254 million people
      • High Definition (HD) Voice available nationwide

Sprint Platform Subscriber Loss Improves

The Sprint platform reported a net loss of 220,000 customers in the quarter, compared to a net loss of 383,000 customers last quarter and 520,000 customers in the prior year period. Sprint platform postpaid net losses of 181,000 during the quarter were largely due to expected elevated churn levels related to service disruption associated with the company’s ongoing network overhaul. However, Sprint platform postpaid gross additions grew by 16 percent compared to the year-ago quarter, and retail smartphone sales were nearly 5 million, representing a record 87 percent of total retail handset device sales in the quarter. Sprint platform prepaid net loss of 542,000 customers was primarily caused by the timing of the annual Lifeline program recertification process that impacted the Assurance Wireless®subscriber base. Sprint added 503,000 wholesale and affiliate customers during the quarter. The Sprint platform served over 53 million subscribers at the end of the quarter.

Network Deployment Reaches Key Milestones

Sprint’s replacement of its entire 3G and voice network, one of the most complex network upgrades in history, is largely complete and network performance metrics continue to improve. Sprint also hit its mid-year target for 4G LTE coverage, as the company now covers approximately 254 million people in 488 cities across the country including Pittsburgh and Buffalo, N.Y., which launched today.

• Like 10

I think the customer churn was expected, as NV snags and local issues would turn people away relatively quickly. 

My hope is that once NV is complete, we will see an uptick in customer growth.

Sprint post a profit for the first time in years, a lot of good news from the network to smaller customers lost. The funny thing not a single article in any of the major tech blogs yet. The bias against sprint is stronger what I thought.

• Like 4

Sprint post a profit for the first time in years, a lot of good news from the network to smaller customers lost. The funny thing not a single article in any of the major tech blogs yet. The bias against sprint is stronger what I thought.

Google. Search sprint in news--> search tools--> past hour. 

2x carrier aggregation available end of this year *new device needed*

(and was correct about late 2015 for 3x carrier aggregation ) (new device needed, avail 2nd part of 2015)

2x carrier aggregation available end of this year *new device needed*

(and was correct about late 2015 for 3x carrier aggregation ) (new device needed, avail 2nd part of 2015)

For 2x carrier aggregation, are they releasing devices for this end of this year as well or all carrier aggregation handsets will be out starting next year?

This is good news for Sprint...it is only up from here hopefully. But I'm sure the tech blogs will find some why to drag Sprint for filth. The news is starting to pop up slowly but I'm sure if Sprint lost the predicted amount of customers it would have been on the blogs already.

Anywho good job Sprint!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google. Search sprint in news--> search tools--> past hour.

I am talking about the verge and endgaget. Edited by SprintNYC
  • Like 1

This is good news for Sprint...it is only up from here hopefully. But I'm sure the tech blogs will find some why to drag Sprint for filth. The news is starting to pop up slowly but I'm sure if Sprint lost the predicted amount of customers it would have been on the blogs already.

Anywho good job Sprint!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the tech blogs had their stories ready "Sprint loss millions of customers" and now they are like oh $hit they actually did well.

I agree I think this a slight turning point for sprint. Personally I feel they don't need tmobile but the jury is out on that.

• Like 2

It's still 9:28 am, maybe they haven't gotten in yet.

It's still 9:28 am, maybe they haven't gotten in yet.

Timing is not the excuse. I believe if the projection of losing 800k postpaid customers the articles would had been up already. Right now they are in the editing room trying to come with a spin.

I bet tmobile earnings article will be up by 7 am tomorrow.

• Like 2

Timing is not the excuse. I believe if the projection of losing 800k postpaid customers the articles would had been up already. Right now they are in the editing room trying to come with a spin.

I bet tmobile earnings article will be up by 7 am tomorrow.

Point made. I agree

• Like 1

I think the tech blogs had their stories ready "Sprint loss millions of customers" and now they are like oh $hit they actually did well.

I agree I think this a slight turning point for sprint. Personally I feel they don't need tmobile but the jury is out on that.

Sprint's turning point has already happened and the naysayers refuse to admit that sprint is no longer going to be the sprint they used to know, anymore. It has the spectrum, it almost has the plans, they have great devices, and now they almost have the completed network which continues to be upgraded. It's a recipe for evil, I mean success.

I agree 100%. The stories were queued up last night.

• Like 1