Sprint Schedules 2Q 2014 Earnings Release

marioc21

3 weeks away! I want to know their earnings now. :(

AJ

• Like 5

I always get heart palpitations the day before simply because I'm anxious to hear how they did. Since it's 3 weeks away though my guess is that they lost customers overall but they loss less than the previous quarter. We''l probably get 20 more LTE cities, an announcement of reaching 240Million+ customers with LTE. There will probably be 2 or 3 new Spark markets added to the list too.

I always get heart palpitations the day before simply because I'm anxious to hear how they did. Since it's 3 weeks away though my guess is that they lost customers overall but they loss less than the previous quarter. We''l probably get 20 more LTE cities, an announcement of reaching 240Million+ customers with LTE. There will probably be 2 or 3 new Spark markets added to the list too.

C6SOQww.gif

• Like 5

Sprint usually schedules their earnings calls about a month after quarter close.  Doesn't really portend any good or bad news.  But, I would expect to them to say that they hit the 250 Million pop number they've been touting for a couple of quarters now.  

Sprint's stock price tends to dip as earnings release approaches followed by a post-release pop; for Sprint believers, it might be a good time to put their money where their mouth is. ;)

• Like 1

I'll guess they lost a surprisingly large number of subscribers. Negative press and the T-Mobile resurgence will take their toll. Verizon added 1.4 million including tablets. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/10/us-verizon-comms-results-preview-idUSKBN0FF26F20140710?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews

• Like 1

I suspect more losses.

I am not sure Sprint has simplified their price structure enough. I also think we're in the last two quarters of churn being affected by the network rebuild. I can point to completed markets and 8T8R making things better in subsequent quarters, but I suspect that, in my analysis, that we won't see significant gains until Q1 2015. I think Sprint is making the right changes under the surface, but I suspect this is going to take a while for the image to catch up with reality. This is as good a time as any for Sprint to do some more restructuring of plans and prepaid, as well as start going full tilt with Spark buildout and also moving faster on 800 SMR, 1X and LTE.

Verizon has already announced gains of 1.4 million subs boosted by 800,000 net smartphone gains. I predict T-Mobile will fail at matching that number and I predict AT&T will scuffle bad, losing customers overall.

Sprint should set its sights at AT&T customers for now.

• Like 3

I think the losses will be less than last quarter.  First signs of improvement will be shown.  Framily will make a dent in the losses, not make them worse.  At the very core to the Framily plan is to get people to join Sprint.  Exactly how effective it will be is not known now, but it will have some impact.

Additionally, Sprint has mentioned in the past that churn goes way down in mature NV markets.  There are more and more mature NV markets every quarter.  In my wild ass guess analysis, I'm going to guess that Sprint will have lost about 2/3 the customers this past quarter than it did the previous quarter.  I don't think there is any way they could have lost more than last quarter.  Otherwise, I believe that nearing the end of last quarter we would have had some ridiculous sale, like the Free Tablet-a-thon like the previous quarter.

Robert

• Like 4

I think the losses will be less than last quarter. First signs of improvement will be shown. Framily will make a dent in the losses, not make them worse. At the very core to the Framily plan is to get people to join Sprint. Exactly how effective it will be is not known now, but it will have some impact.

Additionally, Sprint has mentioned in the past that churn goes way down in mature NV markets. There are more and more mature NV markets every quarter. In my wild ass guess analysis, I'm going to guess that Sprint will have lost about 2/3 the customers this past quarter than it did the previous quarter. I don't think there is any way they could have lost more than last quarter. Otherwise, I believe that nearing the end of last quarter we would have had some ridiculous sale, like the Free Tablet-a-thon like the previous quarter.

Robert

Tab a thon comes back tomorrow til 8/14....

• Like 2

Odd that S took a beating today losing almost 4% only to gain it all right back in after hours trading...at least for the moment.

Sprint stick price is currently $7.85 . For what? I believe it has entered oversold territory.

Analysts expect Sprint to report 879,000 handset subscriber losses in the second quarter, which they said would be "one of the worst in the company's history." Sprint plans to report results on July 30.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-expect-sprint-bleed-879k-handset-subs-alone-q2-amid-network-upgrad/2014-07-22

wireless-logo.png

Analysts expect Sprint to report 879,000 handset subscriber losses in the second quarter, which they said would be "one of the worst in the company's history." Sprint plans to report results on July 30.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-expect-sprint-bleed-879k-handset-subs-alone-q2-amid-network-upgrad/2014-07-22

wireless-logo.png

That explains why the stock is cratering. Good thing I get paid again this weekend - time to place an order for S.

• Like 1

I wonder how many tablets will off set this #. I feel this earnings call will be very important.

Not much, ive seen a huge drop off of tablet sales in my area, so many that would take the free tab 3 offer already have it. Plus we get paid half as much commission on them now so reps have less incentive to push them.

Ive seen my tablet sales drop from 30-40 month i did all winter and spring drop to 13 last month and 5 so far in july.

• Like 1

If those numbers are close to true, to me thats a screaming call to at least diversify the data options to be more similar in structure to competitors , with added value.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

If those numbers are close to true, to me thats a screaming call to at least diversify the data options to be more similar in structure to competitors , with added value.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I disagree. I just think customers have gone, to long with with a bad network and empty promises of WiMax. People just got tired of waiting for upgrades. I like underdogs and beleive Sprint will bounce back and beyond. 

• Like 2