iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I would like to see "LTE+" when connected to band 41.

I agree that spark sun logo get up is ugly. But I would also like to only see the + only when I'm actually picking up b41 and the regular lte logo when I'm on 25 and 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that an "LTE+" logo will appear, whether you're connected to Band 41 or connected to LTE at all. If I remember correctly, that only appeared on T-Mobile iPhone's that people jailbroke and installed a tweaked that made "LTE+" appear whenever they were connected to "Wideband LTE". I doubt Apple wants to make iOS more complicated that it already is. 1x, 3G, and LTE on CDMA and GPRS, E, 3G, 4G, and LTE on GSM are probably the most signal indicators that we will get.

-Anthony

That's true, apple will keep it like it has always been. I'm just hoping the sprint version will have all the lte bands. That to me is enough for me to upgrade from my 5s.

That's true, apple will keep it like it has always been. I'm just hoping the sprint version will have all the lte bands. That to me is enough for me to upgrade from my 5s.

And if no b41??? 

And if no b41???

It will be kinda hard for me to justify upgrading to it.

• Like 2

I've always thought that maybe Sprint is waiting to flip on B41 just in time for the iPhone launch. Their network is going to get flogged with the "iPhone effect" again if it's anything like when the 4S came out.... and by the sounds of it, this is going to be a big launch. 

Turning on all of the new Sprint B41 gear would really make this launch a pleasant one instead of having B25 absolutely hammered when people are in "play with their new iPhone" mode. 

I've got nothing to back up my thoughts, but it's just something to mull on. If the iPhones ship this week, there's no better week for Sprint to do this.

• Like 6

I've always thought that maybe Sprint is waiting to flip on B41 just in time for the iPhone launch. Their network is going to get flogged with the "iPhone effect" again if it's anything like when the 4S came out.... and by the sounds of it, this is going to be a big launch. 

Turning on all of the new Sprint B41 gear would really make this launch a pleasant one instead of having B25 absolutely hammered when people are in "play with their new iPhone" mode. 

I've got nothing to back up my thoughts, but it's just something to mull on. If the iPhones ship this week, there's no better week for Sprint to do this.

What a great idea. There couldn't be a better time. 

• Like 1

Ah yes. This was the video I was talking about yesterday. That is a very convincing fake iphone. Not iOS. I do think that the design will resemble that with variations of course.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Ah yes. This was the video I was talking about yesterday. That is a very convincing fake iphone. Not iOS. I do think that the design will resemble that with variations of course.

A fake? Boy, that was convincing!

A fake? Boy, that was convincing!

This man has balls posting his face if that phone is legit. I'm pretty sure if apple was concerned they would've found a way to have that video taken down already. That and the other 4 videos and the pics.

What would absolutely make my world and is insane, is if Apple comes out and says...so...We heard there were some leaks this year. You'll be happy to know that every single one of them was provided by Apple. Now, to introduce the new iPhone.....Surprise bitches. 

Does anyone want to line up their predictions for the final day? 

• Like 1

Does anyone want to line up their predictions for the final day?

Predictions?

Tim Cook takes the stage and talks about the current iOS ecosystem. “We have over X apps in the app store, we have paid out over $Y to developers. Our current download numbers are bananas.”

At least two videos of Jony Ive talking about how great he is at design. “My farts don’t even stink. How about ‘dem Apples?” One video about the iOS 8 design, one video later in the presentation about the iPhone 6 design/process.

Craig Federighi takes the stage to talk about Yosemite, continuity, hotspots, how great Yosemite/iOS 8 work together. Gives a release date of late October.

Tim Cook back to the stage for the announcements:

- iPhone 6 in two sizes - 4.7” and 5.5”

- iPhone 6 in four capacities: 16/32/64/128

- iPhone 6 available globally with the baseband chip that we hate; will launch without Spark as a punch in the gut for everyone in this thread, except for AJ, who will come back with a “told ya so.” (But B41 will later be pushed as a carrier firmware upgrade at a date TBD by Sprint/Apple)

- iPhone 5S becomes the $99 phone (with contract)

- iPhone 5c becomes the free-with-contract phone (emerging markets play)

- iOS 8 goes GM on Wednesday

- iOS 8 is released the following Wednesday

- iPhone 6 is available for pre-order on Friday night

- iPhone 6 is shipping/in stores/available on Friday, September 19.

- Mobile NFC Payments. Works with every credit card company (agreements are already in place for Visa/MC/AmEx).

A massive circle jerk ensues.

“One more thing…”

- WEARABLES, MOTHERF*CKER. DO YOU SPEAK IT?

- 24h battery life, waterproof up to 30m, wireless charging (/drool)

- BONUS JONY IVE VIDEO

- NFC Mobile payments (pairs via BTLE to your iPhone to bring older iPhones current with the spec).

U2 Closes the whole thing out with some crap off a newer record.

• Like 8

- iPhone 6 available globally with the baseband chip that we hate; will launch without Spark as a punch in the gut for everyone in this thread, except for AJ, who will come back with a “told ya so.” (But B41 will later be pushed as a carrier firmware upgrade at a date TBD by Sprint/Apple)

I will die inside. 

• Like 2

Plot twist.

Apple pulls a Google and delays spark update for 8 months.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Does anyone think the phone might be slightly water resistant this time? The rubber on the home button in the leaks kinda makes me think it will be water resistant....

It will be as water resistant as a paper towel...  :lol:

• Like 1

Does anyone think the phone might be slightly water resistant this time? The rubber on the home button in the leaks kinda makes me think it will be water resistant....

Umm iOS7 already made iPhone water proof.

• Like 2

Rubber baby iPhone buttons.  Try to say that quickly.

;)

AJ