Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Do you know where I can find old radios?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/development/modem-nexus-5-flashable-modems-efs-t2514095

If .15 does not load in recovery, just sideload it.

• Like 1

I installed the New .13 Baseband, and it scanned for b26, b41, and b25 in that order in LTE only mode. It looks like it is scanning all bands. Now performance wise It will take everyone here to report their findings.

Just saw it was just scanning b25,26,41 not the other bands!

I can already tell band 26 took a small hit. I no longer get the fringe signal Like I do with .15. Slightly disappointed in those regards.

I took a 8-10Dbm hit on B26, used to get -114 inside, now I get -125 Outside at best.

Something to keep in mind... the .15 radio actually inflates your dBm readings a bit. A -110 on the .15 is in reality more like -115 or -118. The result is hanging onto signals that are beyond fringe.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind... the .15 radio actually inflates your dBm readings a bit. A -110 on the .15 is in reality more like -115 or -118.

Yeah But I completely Lost the ability to get it inside my house or the immediate area. The only way to balance that is to get a huge gain on the 1x/EVDO side. When I am on .15 I usually got b26. But now The only Way I got it was to do the old Hold your phone up and hope you get enough luck to get it. I need b26 at work as well,  because it is the only reliable Source of internet. I will test out .13 some more in the coming days to fully decide.

Basically the .15 is able to keep the fringe signal because it is inflated. Which is a good thing in my case. But not every case will benefit from that

Yeah But I completely Lost the ability to get it inside my house or the immediate area. The only way to balance that is to get a huge gain on the 1x/EVDO side. When I am on .15 I usually got b26. But now The only Way I got it was to do the old Hold your phone up and hope you get enough luck to get it. I need b26 at work as well,  because it is the only reliable Source of internet. I will test out .13 some more in the coming days to fully decide

Don't get me wrong, if it weren't for the fact that I can't connected to Band 41 while on the .15 radio except where there is no B25/26 coverage, I would stay on it as well.

• Like 1

Also Take note for those who may switch back to an older Baseband, The new .13 only scanned the Sprint LTE Bands. The .15 scans through every band. The .13 MAY actually help increase battery life. :fingers:

Modem is absolutely terrible in my testing so far.

Forced both my G2 and N5 to LTE only mode and my G2 gets a -88 dBm RSRPon B41 and my Nexus does not even see it. 1x/EVDO is massively improved though. 

• Like 1

please keep testing and letting us know.  Is it safe to assume that with each update the LTE on the nexus 5 has gotten worse?  

I guess you could say that. I am curious to see how this update affected other carriers as well.

Hard to confirm spark when you don't even get a connection.

Sent from my Nexus 5

An updated profile doesn't help like it did on .17?

I fastboot flashed boot, radio, and system from the factory image, and then re-flashed SuperSU 1.97 through TWRP, and wiped cache and Dalvik Cache.

I didn't expect a non-OTA-update.zip method to enable the Spark bands, but it looks like B26 and B41 are now enabled. I currently have no way to test whether I can connect to B41 yet, but I'm going up to LA for my cousin's wedding this weekend, so I should be able to test B41 up there. I've gotten B41 at my parent's house in LA a while ago with the .15 radio, so I hope I see good results up there.

An updated profile doesn't help like it did on .17?

LTE only mode doesn't work for me with this modem.

What signalcheck showed when the prl toggled the bands put the lte reception at the LG g2 level for b41.

Sent from my Nexus 5

LTE only mode doesn't work for me with this modem.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yeah It didn't give me b26, given that it was fringe signal. This Baseband kind of was a let down. If you Can not get b41, with a g2 Strength of -88 then I don't think many people will be fond of it. EVDO only mode wouldn't even keep a signal long enough for me to test how well EVDO is.

Hard to confirm spark when you don't even get a connection.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Doesn't it put an icon at the top right regardless?

Doesn't it put an icon at the top right regardless?

The Nexus will not have the spark Icon. just plain LTE symbol.

after flashing the new factory image the phone was set to "global" and had a much stronger LTE signal.

when i switch to 'LTE preferred" it switches to 3g.

obviously I'm back to global.

maybe this is a solution

Modem is absolutely terrible in my testing so far.

Forced both my G2 and N5 to LTE only mode and my G2 gets a -88 dBm RSRPon B41 and my Nexus does not even see it. 1x/EVDO is massively improved though. 

If that is the case I may just stick with .15... I have been pretty happy with it.  Just fastboot flashed boot, system, and radio now so I will find out first hand after ART rebuilds.

• Like 1

If that is the case I may just stick with .15... I have been pretty happy with it.  Just fastboot flashed boot, system, and radio now so I will find out first hand after ART rebuilds.

For me, .13 is just as good as .15 in terms of reception.

I'll keep testing.

For me, .13 is just as good as .15 in terms of reception.

I'll keep testing.

How is your LTE performance?