New framily commercial

jamisonshaw125

Not sure if this has been posted. On my mobile.

New framily commercial http://youtu.be/2nF37tnDdu4

I like it. Thoughts?

Edit: there are two new ones. Here is the second

http://youtu.be/n3PnPXTmGJQ

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have yet to see these on air.

I don't know if they are any better or worse than the others, and I should because that's what I'm going to school for!

But my .02, these at least somewhat explain "Framily" but kind of talk less about the actual plan. They might be over doing it on the "Family" and what does the gerbil have to do with cell phone plans?

I will say it's goofy. 

I don't know if they are any better or worse than the others, and I should because that's what I'm going to school for!

But my .02, these at least somewhat explain "Framily" but kind of talk less about the actual plan. They might be over doing it on the "Family" and what does the gerbil have to do with cell phone plans?

I will say it's goofy. 

Hmm.

• Like 4

I will say it's goofy. 

Wow you are being so nice! I know this might be aimed at low-end folks (like Framily's target in general), the kind of folks who would have a spending limit on an account which evidently exists????? from posts, but these commercials to me are Eww! Fire the marketing guy.

• Like 1

Wow you are being so nice! I know this might be aimed at low-end folks (like Framily's target in general), the kind of folks who would have a spending limit on an account which evidently exists????? from posts, but these commercials to me are Eww! Fire the marketing guy.

I'm trying to be! TV commercials are a big thing, marketing in general is a big thing and I REALLY want to see Sprint succeed here. Having a sub-par ad isn't going to help them. They need everything they can get.  

But yeah gotta agree, they are okay. Better than some out there now, but still meh. They need something that screams "WOW! Sprint has a great plan and this would save my family and I a ton of money!" But like others said don't focus on the network, because it's not up to par - yet.

The ad is very... Softbank.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4

The ad is very... Softbank.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Agreed. An American version of SoftBank! I'm not liking it. Someone needs to be smacked!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I think they're pretty good. They are well done with much better production and they are memorable. The previous ones seemed low budget and slapped together. They are definitely going in the right direction.  

• Like 3

I like them a lot. You can't just slap people with information like we'd all want them to do.

This is a great way to get Sprint on people's good side, and then later down the line you can start doing the Verizon-esque commercials where you can point out how your network is better than everyone else.

• Like 2

What is with the cartoon birds? This almost seems like a joke.

The entire concept of these 2 videos is to show diversity. A hamster as the father, a crazy aunt, a grandpa (black), gordon, and a little french girl who sings with animated birds like she's out of some disney movie gone mad... I think the videos are good. Sprint's framily brings all these random ass people together to provide them with cellular service. 

This is much better than the initial waste of money that sprint was pushing out. 

• Like 3

Anything's better than James Earl Jones yelling "what?" half a dozen times and then ending with SPRINT.

I like these quite a bit. They're quirky, they get people talking, they're memorable.

I'm bad at identifying accents, what is "papa's" supposed to be?

• Like 1

Personally, I really liked the commercials a couple of years back with Hesse talking against a black and white background. It was simple, powerful and had a honest feel to them. I want to see a commercial that is just straight to the point. Like "We know we dropped the ball. The network slowed. At Sprint, we aren't happy with the status quo. We have invested to bring a new network. A fast network. A modern network. Built from the ground up with LTE in mind and using cutting edge technology. We believe in our new network and we believe in giving you the best value and the best network in the country. Stop into a Sprint store today. Test drive the network. Bring the power of Sprint Spark home today and try it risk free for 30 days. If you aren't happy, we will help you switch back to your old network. Sprint, Ahead of the Rest."

• Like 8

Anything's better than James Earl Jones yelling "what?" half a dozen times and then ending with SPRINT.

I like these quite a bit. They're quirky, they get people talking, they're memorable.

The dad's accent resembles a mix of a Brooklyn and New Jersey accent. I'm told my accent sounds similar to that but not nearly as heavy.

• Like 1

Personally, I really liked the commercials a couple of years back with Hesse talking against a black and white background. It was simple, powerful and had a honest feel to them. I want to see a commercial that is just straight to the point. Like "We know we dropped the ball. The network slowed. At Sprint, we aren't happy with the status quo. We have invested to bring a new network. A fast network. A modern network. Built from the ground up with LTE in mind and using cutting edge technology. We believe in our new network and we believe in giving you the best value and the best network in the country. Stop into a Sprint store today. Test drive the network. Bring the power of Sprint Spark home today and try it risk free for 30 days. If you aren't happy, we will help you switch back to your old network. Sprint, Ahead of the Rest."

Once NV 1.0 is complete an ad like that would be a great idea. Until that point not a great idea.

• Like 1

Here's the official PR release on the new "Frobinson Framily" campaign.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/frobinson-framily-stars-sprint-campaign-140000831.html

The hamster is voiced by Andrew Dice Clay.  Who knew he was still around?

I think the mom is Judy Greer. I love the character she voices on Archer. 

• Like 2

The dad's accent resembles a mix of a Brooklyn and New Jersey accent. I'm told my accent sounds similar to that but not nearly as heavy.

Three words for you: Andrew Dice Clay.  See post #18.

See post #18

Wow. I'm actually impressed. 

Edit: I just wanted to say that I also never anticipated that Framily would go away. I was hoping they would play along with the funny name. Perhaps they should air this when modern family comes back on. I believe that would be a great target audience.