Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

I had 20 days on old plan and 10 on family. It was prorated.

Sent from my SPH-L900

You got the discount?  I had 5 days on Framily - they charged me $11 for each line - which is 1/5 of the $55.  But did NOT give me 1/5 of the $30 discount (I have 7 lines).  2 reps now have told me that I shouldn't get the discounted on the prorated days.  Why not??

You got the discount? I had 5 days on Framily - they charged me $11 for each line - which is 1/5 of the $55. But did NOT give me 1/5 of the $30 discount (I have 7 lines). 2 reps now have told me that I shouldn't get the discounted on the prorated days. Why not??

See my post 946 back a page or two.

Sent from my SPH-L900

You got the discount? I had 5 days on Framily - they charged me $11 for each line - which is 1/5 of the $55. But did NOT give me 1/5 of the $30 discount (I have 7 lines). 2 reps now have told me that I shouldn't get the discounted on the prorated days. Why not??

Just get a credit for it.

Just get a credit for it.

So I finally just got done reading through all 49 pages of this and just to clear things up, this is what I'm getting from all of this (and please correct me where I'm wrong)

- There is no premium data charge

- Current Sprint customers cannot join into Framily plans

- If people are looking for openings go to the Sprint Facebook page

- You can switch over to Framily only in store (but also through chat & over the phone?) not online

- There is an Unlimited data guarantee for the Framily plan but ONLY the Unlimited plan (not the 1 GB or 3 GB plan)

- Off network voice roaming is 800 minutes and data is 100 MB

- Subsides are not available on the Framily plan, but a device can be purchased out right for the full price, you can bring your own device that is Sprint certified (not from Virgin Mobile, Boost or Assurance Wireless) or you can sign up for Easy Pay and spread out your payments over 24 months

- Discounts will be taken off of ONLY 3 GB or Unlimited data plans NOT the 1 GB or the actual bill

- You are NOT in a contract - it is "like" a prepaid - where it is a month to month

I hope I got everything? Just wanted to try and clear everything up for people still looking at this plan and can't keep up with the thread.

*** Unanswered question: Do discounts come off of phones?

Sprint is offering most people with just a single line of service to merge on a framily. Just what I have seen through the weeks.

Updated List:

- There is no premium data charge

- Current Sprint customers cannot join into another current Sprint Framily plan (you cannot join an existing customers plan)

- If people are looking for openings go to the Sprint Facebook page

- You can switch over to Framily only in store (but also through chat & over the phone?) not online

- There is an Unlimited data guarantee for the Framily plan but ONLY the Unlimited plan (not the 1 GB or 3 GB plan)

- Off network voice roaming is 800 minutes and data is 100 MB

- Subsides are not available on the Framily plan, but a device can be purchased out right for the full price OR you can bring your own device that is Sprint certified (not from Virgin Mobile, Boost or Assurance Wireless) OR you can sign up for Easy Pay and spread out your payments over 24 months

- Discounts will be taken off of ONLY 3 GB or Unlimited data plans NOT the 1 GB or the actual bill

- You are NOT in a contract - it is "like" a prepaid - where it is a month to month

- Single lines can be merged or made to a Framily plan

- For the unlimited plan (and only the unlimited plan) you qualify for annual upgrades

• Like 1

Is your bill less than last month?

Sent from my SPH-L900

For the upcoming month, yes. Those discounts are fine. They did NOT discount for the pro rated part. They charged me $11 for each line for 6 days and didn't discount anything. I don't think that's right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

At the risk of annoying everyone here...I just have one question.

Is Sprint moving toward only offering the Family plan ?

Or are there going to be other plan options ?

The reason that I ask is that right now, I only have two lines of service, and right now at least, I don't plan on trying to recruit a bunch of people.

Personally, I would prefer to stay with my two lines, and doing so, the Framily plan does not make sense for me.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• Like 1

At the risk of annoying everyone here...I just have one question.

Is Sprint moving toward only offering the Family plan ?

Or are there going to be other plan options ?

The reason that I ask is that right now, I only have two lines of service, and right now at least, I don't plan on trying to recruit a bunch of people.

Personally, I would prefer to stay with my two lines, and doing so, the Framily plan does not make sense for me.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Well, for $50+ taxes unless you need more data, it's gotta be close to the cost you have now doesn't it?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was frustrated after learning that I could not have my son and his wife who are sprint customers as well join a framily with me. So for 4 phones AT&T is offering $160 with 10gb of data to share and T-Mobile is offering $160 fur 4 phones with 2.5 gb line. Same Sprint Framily plan is $160 for 4 phone with only 1 gb per line... What gives?

I was frustrated after learning that I could not have my son and his wife who are sprint customers as well join a framily with me. So for 4 phones AT&T is offering $160 with 10gb of data to share and T-Mobile is offering $160 fur 4 phones with 2.5 gb line. Same Sprint Framily plan is $160 for 4 phone with only 1 gb per line... What gives? Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I think the plans for AT&T and T-Mobile camels out to counter Sprints Framily plan. I am not sure but I think the big plus for sprint is the separate billing.

• Like 1

I was frustrated after learning that I could not have my son and his wife who are sprint customers as well join a framily with me. So for 4 phones AT&T is offering $160 with 10gb of data to share and T-Mobile is offering $160 fur 4 phones with 2.5 gb line. Same Sprint Framily plan is $160 for 4 phone with only 1 gb per line... What gives?

If you add more lines the price per line goes down. Plus its unlimited text and talk if IIRC.

There is some $200 offer launching. I didn't get the details before i got off but my understanding is its some sort of credit for porting in from a competitor probably like Tmobile and ATT are doing for ETFs. ll look into it better in the morning.

Got the link for that? I want to read the terms and conditions.

I couldn't copy the link, but I copied the text. Okay the link show up at the bottom.

Terms and Conditions

close

Activ. Fee: $36/line. Credit approval req. Early Termination Fee (sprint.com/etf): After 14 days, up to $350/line. Framily Plan: Offer ends 4/10/14. Includes Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance voice calling and texting. 1 GB/mo/line on-network data allowance. Add’l data: 1.5c/MB. No add’l plan discounts apply. Third-party content/downloads are add’l charge. Int’l svcs are not included. Pricing may vary for existing customers. Max of 10 phone lines per group. Excludes existing account and discounted phones w/term agmt. Group members must agree to share their names, last 4 digits of phone numbers, Framily ID, group status, and that they are subscribed to Framily plan with group or be removed from group and ask to select another rate plan. Sharing Framily ID allows users to join group. Discounts: Awarded in increments ($5-$30 based on number of members in group) off $55/mo/line base plan. Applied within 2 invoices (timing may vary based on different invoice cycles for Group members). Discounts not prorated. Groups cannot merge. Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mpbs. Sprint may terminate services if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply. Sprint Buyback: Offer ends 4/10/14. Limit of 3 returned devices per active mobile number during one 12-month period. Phone must be deactivated & all personal data deleted before recycling. Device will not be returned. Credit varies depending on phone condition and valuation. Credit applied to store purchase or account within 3 invoices. Also available at sprintbuyback.com. $200 Visa Prepaid Card Offer: Offer ends: 4/10/2014. Available only to eligible IL and CL accounts with eligible Framily ID from referring customer until Framily group is reached. All lines must be ported from an active wireless line at another carrier and remain active on a Framily Plan for 31 days to receive the prepaid card. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the 31-day validation period for your prepaid card to arrive. Request must be made at www.sprint.com/framilyswitch. Excludes tablets, upgrades, replacements, and ports made between Sprint entities or providers associated with Sprint (i.e., Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Sprint As You Go and Assurance). Visa Prepaid Card: Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A., pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc., and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Other Terms: Offers and coverage not available everywhere for all devices. The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 278 million people. The Sprint 3G network reaches over 276 million people. Sprint 4G LTE network available in 300 markets on select devices. See sprint.com/coverage for details. You can view the Sprint privacy policy at sprint.com/privacy. May not be combined with other offers. Restrictions apply. ©2014 Sprint. All rights reserved.

Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.

- See more at: http://promo.sprint.com/Registration/Register#sthash.3eRP2c6n.dpuf

I couldn't copy the link, but I copied the text. Okay the link show up at the bottom.

Terms and Conditions

close

Activ. Fee: $36/line. Credit approval req. Early Termination Fee (sprint.com/etf): After 14 days, up to $350/line. Framily Plan: Offer ends 4/10/14. Includes Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance voice calling and texting. 1 GB/mo/line on-network data allowance. Add’l data: 1.5c/MB. No add’l plan discounts apply. Third-party content/downloads are add’l charge. Int’l svcs are not included. Pricing may vary for existing customers. Max of 10 phone lines per group. Excludes existing account and discounted phones w/term agmt. Group members must agree to share their names, last 4 digits of phone numbers, Framily ID, group status, and that they are subscribed to Framily plan with group or be removed from group and ask to select another rate plan. Sharing Framily ID allows users to join group. Discounts: Awarded in increments ($5-$30 based on number of members in group) off $55/mo/line base plan. Applied within 2 invoices (timing may vary based on different invoice cycles for Group members). Discounts not prorated. Groups cannot merge. Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mpbs. Sprint may terminate services if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100 MB or a majority of KB. Prohibited network use rules apply. Sprint Buyback: Offer ends 4/10/14. Limit of 3 returned devices per active mobile number during one 12-month period. Phone must be deactivated & all personal data deleted before recycling. Device will not be returned. Credit varies depending on phone condition and valuation. Credit applied to store purchase or account within 3 invoices. Also available at sprintbuyback.com. $200 Visa Prepaid Card Offer: Offer ends: 4/10/2014. Available only to eligible IL and CL accounts with eligible Framily ID from referring customer until Framily group is reached. All lines must be ported from an active wireless line at another carrier and remain active on a Framily Plan for 31 days to receive the prepaid card. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the 31-day validation period for your prepaid card to arrive. Request must be made at www.sprint.com/framilyswitch. Excludes tablets, upgrades, replacements, and ports made between Sprint entities or providers associated with Sprint (i.e., Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Sprint As You Go and Assurance). Visa Prepaid Card: Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A., pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc., and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Other Terms: Offers and coverage not available everywhere for all devices. The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 278 million people. The Sprint 3G network reaches over 276 million people. Sprint 4G LTE network available in 300 markets on select devices. See sprint.com/coverage for details. You can view the Sprint privacy policy at sprint.com/privacy. May not be combined with other offers. Restrictions apply. ©2014 Sprint. All rights reserved.

Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.

- See more at: http://promo.sprint.com/Registration/Register#sthash.3eRP2c6n.dpuf

Thanks! I found the link. I'll probably gain 2 people in a few days. I just have to try hard, and it should go well. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks! I found the link. I'll probably gain 2 people in a few days. I just have to try hard, and it should go well. :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I had five added to my plan yesterday. Don't know if it was because of this or not

So I tried to add my two lines to 2 different Framily plans last night and the only way they'd let me was if I'd change my billing address, which I can't do because I hand my bills in to my employer for reimbursement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So I tried to add my two lines to 2 different Framily plans last night and the only way they'd let me was if I'd change my billing address, which I can't do because I hand my bills in to my employer for reimbursement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Unless you are a new customer you can not join existing framily groups. Im not sure why care is letting people around this just because you share an address.

Also you can change address easy over the phone or on sprint.com. You can also print copies of your bills on sprint.com.