My boyfriend says I'm addicted.

eljayyy91

I would just like to know how often do you guys check s4gu. I find myself every morning checking on lunch and when I get off. I would say I may be addicted lol. How much do each of you spend on s4gu a day?

• Like 6

Tapatalk makes it too easy to check. If my data is working I will browse on my phone since Tapatalk is easier to browse.

Yeah, this about sums it up. Check Twitter and S4GRU when walking between meetings and whatnot

I used to hang around XDA and get my Sprint fill there in the S2/S3 general sections but they have since become strict and made the general sections pretty limited to discussion.

In the end, I used to be on XDA all the time but now when I open Tapatalk, this is the first site I load. And now I rarely post on XDA, and this place is just so awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's not a habit, it's cool 
I feel alive 
If you don't have it you're on 
the other side 
I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie) 

AJ

• Like 1

I am subscribed to certain topics and discussions, so when I receive an alert via tap a talk on my phone anytime there is a new comment. Honestly, I get a rush anytime I see a new alert show for this site on my phone. 

This site is great, the forums are fantastic, so much good information, and no one is demeaning anyone for asking questions, like other forums on other sites I know of. (Phonescoop)

So needless to say.. yes.. I am addicted to this site! Glad I found it!

• Like 1

This site is great, the forums are fantastic, so much good information, and no one is demeaning anyone for asking questions, like other forums on other sites I know of. (Phonescoop)

The problem with Phone Scoop is that the comments there are basically the blind leading the blind.  People who like phones frequently know little about actual wireless engineering or regulation.  After my Howard Forums residency but prior to my current S4GRU tenure, I used to post lots of scathing corrections in the comments at Phone Scoop.  Once S4GRU emerged, I left Phone Scoop comments as the intellectual wasteland it is.  But I did today just post this snarky correction:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=13241&fi=3270731

AJ

• Like 3

Well atlest I'm not alone in this haha. Any signifcant others give u guys a hard time? Like "your always on your phone" lol

Well atlest I'm not alone in this haha. Any signifcant others give u guys a hard time? Like "your always on your phone" lol

My wife used to comment on how often I was on my phone. Until she got her G2...now she is on her phone more often than I am on most nights.

• Like 1

My wife used to comment on how often I was on my phone. Until she got her G2...now she is on her phone more often than I am on most nights.

Uh oh, your wife may be knocking on the G2.

AJ

• Like 1

The problem with Phone Scoop is that the comments there are basically the blind leading the blind.  People who like phones frequently know little about actual wireless engineering or regulation.  After my Howard Forums residency but prior to my current S4GRU tenure, I used to post lots of scathing corrections in the comments at Phone Scoop.  Once S4GRU emerged, I left Phone Scoop comments as the intellectual wasteland it is.  But I did today just post this snarky correction:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/discuss.php?fm=m&ff=13241&fi=3270731

AJ

I agree. Your comment on PS was right on the dot too.

I use to be on those forums since 2005. Anytime recently, when starting a new thread, you get either no comments, or a snarky one. besides the news articles, the site seems to be pretty dead, and the only threads that seem to have any traffic is the lounge or shop talk.  I am not trying to bash another website, but just saying.. I really appreciate this site, and glad I did find it. The conversations, and threads here are so productive, and I have learned so much here.  

• Like 1

I agree. Your comment on PS was right on the dot too.

I use to be on those forums since 2005. Anytime recently, when starting a new thread, you get either no comments, or a snarky one. besides the news articles, the site seems to be pretty dead, and the only threads that seem to have any traffic is the lounge or shop talk.  I am not trying to bash another website, but just saying.. I really appreciate this site, and glad I did find it. The conversations, and threads here are so productive, and I have learned so much here.  

Yes, though I am unsure if Phone Scoop's total traffic is down, its comment activity certainly is not what it was a few years ago.  That is probably for the best, however, since so much misinformation has gotten passed around in Phone Scoop comments.  As many other sites have done, maybe Rich and Eric will switch over to the Facebook commenting system -- Phone Scoop's informationally challenged core would fit right in.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm addicted to KU and S4GRU

But you may not like the KU and S4GRU mashup...

SKRUU 4G

AJ

• Like 3

Well if you meant "Kentucky," my home state and prolific NCAA basketball title winner, then that would be entirely understandable. Many are addicted to KY basketball. However if you were referring to the OTC KY that one might purchase from CVS then, well yes, that's quite a different story.